Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I wouldn't be opposed to purging the lists, making them somewhat more manageable. Things without links or things never purchased or hard to find feats for could be let go if it was agreed upon.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

There is a risk to that. If we get new players, they may have creative uses for some things others haven't used. Also, I'd want to keep a wide choice available, otherwise the matches can get repetitive and boring.

So....do we go with slash and burn and then rebuild from scratch? Or just list those Drafts/Items that should be removed? Or make a list of what to keep and get rid of everything else?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    There is a risk to that. If we get new players, they may have creative uses for some things others haven't used. Also, I'd want to keep a wide choice available, otherwise the matches can get repetitive and boring.

So....do we go with slash and burn and then rebuild from scratch? Or just list those Drafts/Items that should be removed? Or make a list of what to keep and get rid of everything else?
    Oh, there are plenty of items to make it not boring, trust me.

I wouldn't burn it all down and start over. But I would suggest making a list of things that don't have links first, or at least don't have easy ways of gauging feats.

As an example, I added two (Amazonian armor and an Amazonian weapon) a ways back from the Orphans of Chaos series. Other than WyldCard, only I knew anything about them but lacked the books on hand to come up with feats. Both could be gotten rid of and we'd be the better for it.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Another example would be the Coin of Zeus. That thing has been in the League since, I'm almost 100% sure, the first one.

It's never been purchased.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

We could do it this way. Everyone who wants to help redo the Wiki can submit Four Lists.

1. Top 25 -50 Characters to Keep
    2. 25 - 50 Characters to get rid of
    3. Top 25 - 50 Items to Keep
    4. 25 - 50 items to get rid of

After enough lists have been submitted, I can compile them and rank them.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    We could do it this way. Everyone who wants to help redo the Wiki can submit Four Lists.

1. Top 25 -50 Characters to Keep
    2. 25 - 50 Characters to get rid of
    3. Top 25 - 50 Items to Keep
    4. 25 - 50 items to get rid of

After enough lists have been submitted, I can compile them and rank them.
    Sounds like a good plan.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Another example would be the Coin of Zeus. That thing has been in the League since, I'm almost 100% sure, the first one.

It's never been purchased.
    The Frog Exaggerator has been on there longer than me, and I can't even conceive of a way to use it and make it worth 1 point.

That said, I'm leery of widespread cutting because, as I may have said before, I don't read that many comics... And other people don't watch the same cartoons I rely on for my builds. So "Something for everyone" should be the watchword.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    The Frog Exaggerator has been on there longer than me, and I can't even conceive of a way to use it and make it worth 1 point.

That said, I'm leery of widespread cutting because, as I may have said before, I don't read that many comics... And other people don't watch the same cartoons I rely on for my builds. So "Something for everyone" should be the watchword.
    I tend to agree. I woudl not recommend doing a complete wipe of the lists. But, we can get a consensus of those items/characters that are least desirable/useful.

So here's a question I've been pondering. What would you price a guy who's power is he can do anything, or change anything provided it fit his Paradigm? His Paradigm was that he adds a silent e to the end of words to change them.

For example, two of the most relevant for the league feats is he turned a man into a mane (with lion attached), and turned a twin into twine (in giant ball form). He also made a hug huge, showing he can do adjectives and such as well.

So if he could do that kind of thing for any word he could add a silent e to, what would you rate him as? He showed he could handle proper nouns too. Sam stayed just the Same.

He'd be AnnoyEng.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

So here's a question I've been pondering. What would you price a guy who's power is he can do anything, or change anything provided it fit his Paradigm? His Paradigm was that he adds a silent e to the end of words to change them.

For example, two of the most relevant for the league feats is he turned a man into a mane (with lion attached), and turned a twin into twine (in giant ball form). He also made a hug huge, showing he can do adjectives and such as well.

So if he could do that kind of thing for any word he could add a silent e to, what would you rate him as? He showed he could handle proper nouns too. Sam stayed just the Same.
    We d need a full account of feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    An idea of how fast he can start this stuff, how many he can affect at once, if it's magic/ki/science/whatever based, etc would be helpful too.

But it does make me wonder if the Scribblenaut might be useful in a team based on that Renagade for Life vid I saw. "Cure the Cat, God!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    An idea of how fast he can start this stuff, how many he can affect at once, if it's magic/ki/science/whatever based, etc would be helpful too.
    Magic, with a wave of a wand, and one word at a time.

Although the thing described by that word could be as big as he wanted. He turned a dam into a Dame and she was like half again as tall as the dam used to be and had one of those hoop dresses that was as wide as the dam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Well I heard it as a song, but apparently Tom Leher wrote it for the Electric Company. Silent E.

Magic, with a wave of a wand, and one word at a time.

Although the thing described by that word could be as big as he wanted. He turned a dam into a Dame and she was like half again as tall as the dam used to be and had one of those hoop dresses that was as wide as the dam.

Well I heard it as a song, but apparently Tom Leher wrote it for the Electric Company. Silent E.
    That brings back memories. Silent E is one of those that can be both very powerful and very limited. Silent E has no speed feats, no defenses, is never seen in combat. But, as a support type to a team that already has most of what it needs, it can be useful. Probably wouldn't price Silent E at any more than a 5 or a 6.

Not ready to put up another Discussion and Sign Up Thread, yet. Consider this a Preliminary question. Which would be better? A Summer League [May-August]? Or wait until next Fall [Sept-Dec]?