Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849 LastLast
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Fair enough.

OH and Wrestling! There's a bunch of wrestlers on there.

*goes to see if he can find footage of the Undertaker's 30,000 ton TK Feat.*
    OK, so I knew it was an exaggeration of someone else's exaggeration when I said that, but apparently it's "10,000 lbs." if you believe J.R. did his homework. Now lifting it a foot or so off the ground and shaking it might not be the MOST impressive TK feat, but 10,000 lbs. is a lot weight to even do that much, and he wasn't anywhere near it.

He's got Force Lightning to blow stuff up. Even when he's nowhere near.,

Also he can telepathically hack the Titantron and lights. He's been able to do that for ages... Oh he can teleport while the lights are out. He does that one a lot too. Or where coffins are involved.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

I'm enjoying the current Rumblers league. Once KJS' is done, I may run one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I'm enjoying the current Rumblers league. Once KJS' is done, I may run one myself.

Yeah, wait until you see how the actual League part goes before you get TOO ahead of yourself.

Traditionally burnout and VOIDS have been a constant problem.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, wait until you see how the actual League part goes before you get TOO ahead of yourself.

Traditionally burnout and VOIDS have been a constant problem.
    That's fair.

I've just got a few ideas that I think could be interesting spins on the formula, and I get excited.

Well, if you want to tell us about them, I could give you my opinion on them.

Extraordinary Member

1. I'd determine the prices a bit differently. There would be a series of stats like Strength and speed that each character would have a number between 1 and 10 in, and their price would be each of those added together. Because that would result in characters with higher prices, the pool of points you have to spend would accordingly be higher. This is to give people a better idea of what they're getting with a character.

2. In instances where there are multiple characters represented, picking one version of them to make the rest unavailable. So for example, if someone picked DCAU Superman, then no one would be able to pick Comics or DCEU Superman. This is to make picking a bit more strategic. So you could spend a few points on a weaker version of a character to ensure that you don't have to deal with a vastly stronger version of that character

3. One that i'm not sure on: Giving people the option to by an army of mooks. Each Mook would have a basic cost, and the players could spend any number of points to buy them in bulk and put them under the command of one of their characters. Army mooks would be considered separate from Characters and items. Additionally, if an item is not one of a kind, they could be given to the Mook as part of their standard kit. For example, if a Storm trooper costs 1 point, you could spend 10 points for 10 Storm troopers

1. I'd determine the prices a bit differently. There would be a series of stats like Strength and speed that each character would have a number between 1 and 10 in, and their price would be each of those added together. Because that would result in characters with higher prices, the pool of points you have to spend would accordingly be higher. This is to give people a better idea of what they're getting with a character.
    That would both upend the whole system and REALLY devalue characters with esoteric powers.

2. In instances where there are multiple characters represented, picking one version of them to make the rest unavailable. So for example, if someone picked DCAU Superman, then no one would be able to pick Comics or DCEU Superman. This is to make picking a bit more strategic. So you could spend a few points on a weaker version of a character to ensure that you don't have to deal with a vastly stronger version of that character
    We tried that, people wanted more people they knew. Also, then YOU better be REALLY up to date on all the obscure characters, because the well-known ones will go fast.

3. One that i'm not sure on: Giving people the option to by an army of mooks. Each Mook would have a basic cost, and the players could spend any number of points to buy them in bulk and put them under the command of one of their characters. Army mooks would be considered separate from Characters and items. Additionally, if an item is not one of a kind, they could be given to the Mook as part of their standard kit. For example, if a Storm trooper costs 1 point, you could spend 10 points for 10 Storm troopers
    Given the choice between Superman and 10 Stormtroopers, I would take Superman everyday of the week. It would have to be logarithmic increases to even be worthy of calling them an army, let alone be worth the points.

Extraordinary Member

That would both upend the whole system and REALLY devalue characters with esoteric powers.
    That's true. I planned to mitigate by having esoteric abilities be one of the things quantified, but that presents it's own issues.
    We tried that, people wanted more people they knew. Also, then YOU better be REALLY up to date on all the obscure characters, because the well-known ones will go fast.
    My plan for dealing with that was basically "Have a lot of Options"
    Given the choice between Superman and 10 Stormtroopers, I would take Superman everyday of the week. It would have to be logarithmic increases to even be worthy of calling them an army, let alone be worth the points.
    Those values were just examples.

One of the ways Armies would become more valuable is that they allow you to get more use out of items. For example, if you buy Jedi training as an item, you could put it on your army and have multiple Jedi instead of just the one.

That's true. I planned to mitigate by having esoteric abilities be one of the things quantified, but that presents it's own issues.
    Especially all the wildly different kinds of esoteric abilities.

My plan for dealing with that was basically "Have a lot of Options"
    Standard leagues (prior to this one's "Only Live action" theme) had like three pages of Draft list. How many of them do you know?

Those values were just examples.

One of the ways Armies would become more valuable is that they allow you to get more use out of items. For example, if you buy Jedi training as an item, you could put it on your army and have multiple Jedi instead of just the one.
    Well yeah, but the problem is you're using generic dudes for feats, so anything too cool will be of limited use.

Like for example an army of Green Lantern Stormtroopers would seem cool, but none of them had many willpower feats.

Extraordinary Member

Especially all the wildly different kinds of esoteric abilities.

Standard leagues (prior to this one's "Only Live action" theme) had like three pages of Draft list. How many of them do you know?
    Not all of them, but not all the chaacter I know are represented on their either. Still, I get your point.
    Well yeah, but the problem is you're using generic dudes for feats, so anything too cool will be of limited use.

Like for example an army of Green Lantern Stormtroopers would seem cool, but none of them had many willpower feats.
    Assuming you selected Green Lantern training, it would presume that your army is capale of performing the basic Green Lantern stuff.

Honestly, this whole army building excercise may be better suited as a spin off rather than being shoehorned into a regular rumble

Quote Originally Posted by miraz01 View Post
    captain marvel' keeps on taking off higher
    we're nearing the theatrical release of marvel studios' "captain marvel" on march 8.

Carol danvers is continuing to take flight in anticipation of her marvel cinematic universe debut. First up, check out the new international poster for the film below!

We also have an exclusive poster created by matt ferguson!

Don't miss out on the special-edition captain marvel alaska airlines plane! Higher. Further. Faster.

https://www.asianmail.online/2019/02...ng-higher.html

https://www.asianmail.online/2019/02...ng-higher.html
    Bot alert!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Anima players....ball is in your court at the moment.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Anima players....ball is in your court at the moment.
    How many of them are in the Rumbles League too?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

How many of them are in the Rumbles League too?
    No idea. :)
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The RL, it was fun while it lasted, for me anyway.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.