Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I think 1-2 issues is a bit too early to be rocking the boat too much, although there are some instances where they should probably revamp or cut books and those are for the most part books that are carrying over from pre-Convergence like Teen Titans, which is still struggling.

That book more than any other needs a good shake up - new creators, new characters, new direction. I'm actually stunned that they haven't redesigned Tim's costume yet.

Always Rakzo

About the current Teen Titans series, I honestly think that is a pretty solid run and speaking about issues in particular there are some little gems here and there (despite that the most recent issue is not a clear proof of it).

I would definitely suggest a change for the current Wonder Woman series which is mediocre at its very best, someone who could work nicely with mythology and could also offer some silliness like Al Ewing would be perfect.

I like the current Tern Titans book. Good art, solid writing. Breath of fresh air, especially after the previous run.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Possibly but I'm just saying that showing black people being murdered by a racist pale man might rub people the wrong way considering what just happened.
    We've been dealing with this type of thing for years. Not just recently. "What just happened" are instances of things that frequently happen. It's, sadly, nothing new. Bringing it up in a GA comic isn't going to hurt any feelings more than the everyday struggle already does. Personally I welcome a GA that harkens back to Grell's run and isn't afraid to tackle some touchy social issues.

On the books overall, I'd wait to see how the stories develop beyond their first issues before seeing if change is needed. I know that prices being what they are, it's more difficult to take a chance on books that don't win you over in the first issue, but it is too soon, imo, to really know where thse stories are going and if a change is in order.
    Last edited by GDC3; 06-25-2015 at 03:47 PM.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    We've been dealing with this type of thing for years. Not just recently. "What just happened" are instances of things that frequently happen. It's, sadly, nothing new. Bringing it up in a GA comic isn't going to hurt any feelings more than the everyday struggle already does. Personally I welcome a GA that harkens back to Grell's run and isn't afraid to tackle some touchy social issues.
    What about the families of the victims? THOSE are the people who we should be concerned about and how they would feel if they read an issue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    DC You doesn't really need much of a makeover like the New 52 desperately did.

I would say cancel JL 3001. It serves no purpose, and it reads pretty old fashioned for a book taking place in the future. Plus weren't sale on the first book (3000) extremely low? I just don't see the point inetting it continue.

Red Hood/Arsenal.....eh. It's not unreadable or anything, but it's not really entertaining or exciting either. I would say replace the writer.
    I was looking forward to reading Justice league 3001... and then i saw some panels, where Superman and Batman were talking about Guy Gardner's gender change. Suddenly, I'm starting to lose interest in the DCnu...

get these guys on books for a long time

Grant Morrison on Green Lantern (Bunn can stay on SInestro, really enjoy that book)
    Darwyn Cooke
    Paul Pope
    Kyle Baker

Frankenstein/Amethyst/Fifty Sue book

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    get these guys on books for a long time

Grant Morrison on Green Lantern (Bunn can stay on SInestro, really enjoy that book)
    Darwyn Cooke
    Paul Pope
    Kyle Baker

Frankenstein/Amethyst/Fifty Sue book
    And now would be a good time to steal Mike Allred back from Marvel.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Eh, he's rocking on Silver Surfer so I wouldn't want that.

What about the families of the victims? THOSE are the people who we should be concerned about and how they would feel if they read an issue like this.
    Unless it touches on their story specifically, or mentions their relatives by name, I sincerely doubt, with eveything else that they are unfortunately having to deal with, a comic taking a generalized approach in exploring issues of hate crimes is going to illicit much feeling from them at all. This would likely be very far from their radar.

A more pressing concern as Deniz kind of touched on already, is if GA is portrayed as the white knight swooping in to save us poor black folk from the mean old killer out to wipe us out. That would be bothersome to me. But I'm willing to let the story play out before judging where it might be going. Hopefully it has some depth beyond that.
    Bronze Age baby.

Punchedugly.com

Always Rakzo

Unless it touches on their story specifically, or mentions their relatives by name, I sincerely doubt, with eveything else that they are unfortunately having to deal with, a comic taking a generalized approach in exploring issues of hate crimes is going to illicit much feeling from them at all. This would likely be very far from their radar.

A more pressing concern as Deniz kind of touched on already, is if GA is portrayed as the white knight swooping in to save us poor black folk from the mean old killer out to wipe us out. That would be bothersome to me. But I'm willing to let the story play out before judging where it might be going. Hopefully it has some depth beyond that.
    Sooo... you're okay with people who suffered a tragedy enduring seeing people in a similar situation but not with a supposed "White Knight" saving black people because that truly would bother you?

Sooo... you're okay with people who suffered a tragedy enduring seeing people in a similar situation but not with a supposed "White Knight" saving black people because that truly would bother you?
    Are you for real right now?
    Bronze Age baby.

Punchedugly.com

Always Rakzo

Are you for real right now?
    If by real you mean that I care more about the people who suffered a real loss then yeah.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    This is kind of inevitable now that Jamie Rich is working for DC. I'd like to see Silver Surfer last a while, though. It's the book that Mike was born to draw.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    This is kind of inevitable now that Jamie Rich is working for DC. I'd like to see Silver Surfer last a while, though. It's the book that Mike was born to draw.
    True dat!

Although I would personally like to see him in a DC cosmic book one day.

Or maybe Doom Patrol too.