Mighty Member

Default Who else thought Ron Perlman was perfect casting?

When i heard of a movie in production back when i was announced, they wanted Dwayne Johnson and i was skeptical then they recasted with Ron Perlman. I always thought he would be perfect for a Helboy movie and he was the right choice.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Anything played by Ron Perlman is perfect casting. The dude owns any role he plays like a boss.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    When i heard of a movie in production back when i was announced, they wanted Dwayne Johnson and i was skeptical then they recasted with Ron Perlman. I always thought he would be perfect for a Helboy movie and he was the right choice.
    Agreed. I'm a huge, HUGE Hellboy fan and I thought he was prefect! I'm still waiting for Hellboy 3 to be announced and maybe, juuuust maybe a BPRD movie as well.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I don't know anything about the Hellboy comics, aside from the visuals. Getting Ron Perlman to portray Hellboy was a stroke of genius, IMO.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

All-New Member twentymilesoutoftown's Avatar

His is the voice I hear when I read Hellboy now. He's like Mignola's Kevin Conroy.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I thought he was great, he has the right physical presence and he's equal parts gruff and funny.