Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I thought she was great addition to the team. It is sad that it they are not using her in the Nu52.
    I love Copper too, although I kind of like that she was a later addition to the team, so I am okay with her being introduced later. In fact, my dream is that because Dr. Magnus built her later than the other Metal Men, she considers herself the "teen" of the team and goes off to join the Teen Titans or Young Justice.

Metal Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    I love Copper too, although I kind of like that she was a later addition to the team, so I am okay with her being introduced later. In fact, my dream is that because Dr. Magnus built her later than the other Metal Men, she considers herself the "teen" of the team and goes off to join the Teen Titans or Young Justice.

Metal Woman
    I've never read a comic book with Copper in it and I never heard of her until a few days ago on an old CBR thread. But I love the idea of introducing her later and making her the "teen" Metal Man.
    My, my! One does peculiar things when one is a gorilla!

Spectacular Member Tula's boyfriend's Avatar

loved their recent appearance in Justice League.

I would totally read a series with the Metal Men lead by Cyborg. I thought they were great in their Justice League appearance. I enjoyed all of their personalities. I just heard of Cooper but I think they would benefit from another female on the team.

I do have three questions though:
    Why did they always forget about Cooper? Is there a specific reason?
    Did they ever say how Platinum was the only one of the Metal Men activated at the time of Justice League #18?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

The first Metal Men comic I ever bought back in the Summer of 1976 was also my introduction to them (Eclipso, too!) It was also the first time I ever bought a comic book without any previous knowledge of the characters in it.

Favorite one? While I liked them all (Tin was my favorite of the guys because he was hard to root against), I had a big crush on Platinum as a kid.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Disney mined Marvel for an animated film with Big Hero Six, Sony's making an animated Spider-Man flick, WB is doing Lego Batman...

... with that in mind, is there a better candidate for an animated feature than the Metal Men? I mean, come on! The look of the team, their shape-shifting powers - just made for animation. Of course, I wouldn't mind a live action film, but I think they're a much more comfortable fit for animation.

Also, my crazy idea for including Plastic Man in this hypothetical movie: Eel O'Brien is robbing Dr. Magnus' laboratory! Who else would be keeping vats of chemicals that can turn people stretchy?

If you are a fan of the metal Men you are going to want to check out Cyborg #3.

Ivan Reis does a great job with them
    The J-man

BANNED

I hope they actually do move forward with a Metal Men movie...to prove that the DCEU won't be 100% dark and gritty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    If you are a fan of the metal Men you are going to want to check out Cyborg #3.

Ivan Reis does a great job with them
    This was such a cool surprise! So glas Reis draw that scene too, a few of the other scenes were fill in art by an up and comer. Like all his other incarnations of DC characters, he absolutely killed it with the Metal Men!

yeah the issue was delayed already so I wonder what's going on. Ivan is amazing and almost never late (cough* Multiversity *cough).

I definitely need more Metal Men in my life. Hopefully they stick around for a few issues
    The J-man

BANNED

Does anybody remember when Duncan Rouleau did a Metal Men mini series? his drawing style was perfect for the metal men.

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. XV (May 1986)

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The first Metal Men comic I ever bought back in the Summer of 1976 was also my introduction to them (Eclipso, too!) It was also the first time I ever bought a comic book without any previous knowledge of the characters in it.

Favorite one? While I liked them all (Tin was my favorite of the guys because he was hard to root against), I had a big crush on Platinum as a kid.
    I always liked iron.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. XV (May 1986)
    What’s with the tin woodsman knock off?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I was looking for an image of Copper and this came up. Anyone know what book this is from?