Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Love that we have Simon and Hank complaining on panel about the silly crap writers have had them do.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    Love that we have Simon and Hank complaining on panel about the silly crap writers have had them do.
    More specifically, both of them are complaining about stuff they were made to do in Brian Bendis comics.

That man sure does love trolling a character's fans.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    More specifically, both of them are complaining about stuff they were made to do in Brian Bendis comics.

That man sure does love trolling a character's fans.
    Beast was acting like a douche for years. Wonder Man's turn was out of left field, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Beast was acting like a douche for years. Wonder Man's turn was out of left field, though.
    Uncanny Avengers 5 has already shed light on the reasons for that. I'd imagine he feels liberated now that he can do as he pleases.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Nope. All part of Doom [aka Bendis's] master plan. And all irrelevant anyway after Secret Wars.

Characters like Beast are bigger than the writers, and if a writer makes them act badly it doesn't erase who they were under other writers. Beast is only a bad person in the stories you mention; when a new writer and a new story comes along, none of it matters. Just like Tony Stark's crap only counts when the writer wants it to count.

What I will never understand is the idea that characters have to be tied to bad stories forever. That's not what continuity is about.
    The problem is that, if enough writers make a character do bad stuff for long enough time, those bad stories are what you remember and they will shape the image of the character in the mind of the readers.

There are readers who have only known Beast as a bitter, jaded man, the same way there are readers who have known Xavier only as a manipulative hypocrite and Tony Stark as the king of assholes.

Yes, Beast was once a funny, happy dude, and the X-Men thought that the sun shone out of Xavier's backside once, and Tony has a story from before the writers started to pile crap on him, but not everybody has been a reader for so long.
    Last edited by Habis; 06-27-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Yes, a while back.

I am now sold on this series. Beast has always been too good for the X-Men.

TBH, the very best thing Crystal could ever do with herself is distance herself as far as possible with her deranged family.

Good point. I still think she should shack up with Peter Parker and move in with him and take Luna with her. Imagine the butthurt on Medusa and Johnny not to mention MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Can't say I'll miss the Beast we've been stuck with for years, but can I request they take Teen Hank with them if he is still around?
    As far as I’m concerned they can take the teen O5 and shoot them into space if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    They are pushing them because they are a group able to exhibit a wide array of looks and power sets. They have an interesting back-story and is very unique to Marvel. They've been around almost as long as the X-Men. Basically appeared 2 years after the X-men. They offer Marvel an easy way to introduce more powered beings into the MCU, so it's a good idea to give them a more prominent position in the Marvel Universe.
    I don’t know. I don’t dislike them but the name has a negative connotation and I think their back-story (a somewhat alien society, ruled by a hereditary monarchy, that has lived in isolation for millennia) hasn’t aged as well as the idea of an x-gene in the general population. And giving superheros different looks and powers has never been a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Cannonball became a husband and a father and Sunspot became the LEADER of the Avengers and the OWNER of AIM- yeah, terrible character development there, Hickman did nothing with them.
    I, too, dropped the book before that. I don’t know if it improved later on but they were doing very little and seeing them so excited about becoming Avengers in the first episode (after Sunspot called Wolverine a race traitor for siding with them in AvX) made them look rather shallow.
    Their reasons for sticking around or being there in the first place (other than Marvel trying to bring X-fans to follow an Avengers book) were flimsy at best.

Also, I don’t think being a dad is a great development for a supposedly young superhero like Sam (and since he’s only known the mother for a few months it kind of reinforces the hillbilly stereotype).

That and the way Havok was portrayed in UA only confirmed my initial feeling that putting X-characters in Avengers books was a terrible idea. But as I said, if it’s Hank I really don’t mind
    Last edited by Lutecius; 06-26-2015 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I'm surprised that some lesser known X-men characters that get no panel time in X-men comics are not being scooped up and put in Inhuman books. Bishop, Sage and Chamber appearing regularly could draw some of their fans to the book since the X-men have no room for the characters. With the 05 running around i find it hard to care what happens to the older versions these days. They just seem like diluted plot device versions of themselves.
    I've been rooting for Warren to get moved over to Inhumans. *sigh* Maybe it will happen. He's wasted on the X-men.

Marvel seems to be moving over characters who aren't shining in their respective teams.
    Last edited by Post Monster; 06-27-2015 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopliss View Post
    The Inhumans are not cheap X-Men knock-offs, even if Marvel tries to sell them as that, they're not.
    I find them infinitely more interesting than X-men, but Marvel doesn't always know what to do with them.

Incredible Member

I didn't pick up "Inhuman"., but this looks a bit interesting. Does anyone know if any of the other members of the Royal Family are going to be in this? I keep hearing that Crystal isn't there, and that Karnak died, but what about Triton and Gorgon? Love the classic characters, not too sure about the new ones. A little off topic hear, but does anyone know whatever happened to Maximus' old followers? (Timberius, Leonus, the Centaur guy etc.). Haven't seen these characters in years. Are they ever referenced?

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    I didn't pick up "Inhuman"., but this looks a bit interesting. Does anyone know if any of the other members of the Royal Family are going to be in this? I keep hearing that Crystal isn't there, and that Karnak died, but what about Triton and Gorgon? Love the classic characters, not too sure about the new ones.
    *SPOILER ALERT*
    Triton is in the cover, Karnak found a weakness in death and came back (he is on the ANAD teasers), Gordon lost the use of his legs but is fixable be Attilan medicine, Ahura was taken by Kang.

Incredible Member

Thanks. Think I'll give this a try. Didn't recognize Triton at first. What about Lockjaw btw? Another question: why aren't the Inhumans ruling the Kree empire anymore, and are Ronan and Crystal divorced, or what? As I said, I haven't been following them for quite a while.
    Last edited by stingray; 06-27-2015 at 10:41 AM.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Not at all, everything that happened pre-Secret Wars will still be relevant, thus Wanda will still be a mutantphobe and a mass murderer. Beast only has Wanda to blame. It's fitting that he should join the Inhumans, particularly after her twin caused a civil war between the Inhumans and humans of Earth.
    War between Attilan and the United States is a civil war?

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Thanks. Think I'll give this a try. Didn't recognize Triton at first. What about Lockjaw btw? Another question: why aren't the Inhumans ruling the Kree empire anymore, and are Ronan and Crystal divorced, or what? As I said, I haven't been following them for quite a while.
    Yes, part of the agreement to transition control of Hala back to the Supreme Intelligence was for Ronan and Crystal to end their marriage, since it was only ever supposed to be political. They thought having Crystal tied to the Kree might legitimize an Inhuman claim to the throne again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    Good point. I still think she should shack up with Peter Parker and move in with him and take Luna with her. Imagine the butthurt on Medusa and Johnny not to mention MJ.
    Beyond being random as hell I don't really see it.