Default The Connection between Truth and Supergirl

So, finally finished reading the last arc of Supergirl recently. It wasn't my favorite, but there's an epilogue at the end where she cuts herself by accident and bleeds, questioning what might be happening.

My best guess is that this is connected to the Truth storyline for Superman and his powers becoming more limited. I haven't seen a lot of discussion surrounding this, but I find it interesting that whatever is going on with him might be occurring for all Kryptonians.
    Pull list (issues or trades):
    DC Batman Batgirl Bizarro Dr. Fate Superman
    Vertigo Sandman Fables Astro City Vertigo Quarterly
    Marvel Miracleman Thors Ms. Marvel
    Other Lazarus Buffy Angel & Faith Saga

Spectacular Member

Also Kara is nowhere in the "DCYou". Solo cancelled and she isn't in the JLU or anywhere else, there is a Supergirl in JL3001 but that's not connected to any other title. I wouldn't be surprised if she appears in one of the four Superbooks as a Prisoner of the "Big Bad". I mean people know she is Clark Kent's cousin or am i wrong about that?

Also how could she have lost her powers? Something in the Atmosphere or with the Sun?

Kara being nowhere to be found is the one issue I have with Truth so far. There's no reason to not account for her on some level. Acting like she doesn't even exist to date makes no sense. Even if their plan is to rest her for a planned quasi-synch with the tv show, at the very least make up a reason why she isn't around and tell us.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nopunin10did View Post
    So, finally finished reading the last arc of Supergirl recently. It wasn't my favorite, but there's an epilogue at the end where she cuts herself by accident and bleeds, questioning what might be happening.

My best guess is that this is connected to the Truth storyline for Superman and his powers becoming more limited. I haven't seen a lot of discussion surrounding this, but I find it interesting that whatever is going on with him might be occurring for all Kryptonians.
    My theory is that supergirl will have her own Universe that reembles the tv show, only that to justify all this

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Kara being nowhere to be found is the one issue I have with Truth so far. There's no reason to not account for her on some level. Acting like she doesn't even exist to date makes no sense. Even if their plan is to rest her for a planned quasi-synch with the tv show, at the very least make up a reason why she isn't around and tell us.
    I don't think they're going to keep her out for the duration of the entire Truth story. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she turns up in one of the four arcs.
    Pull list (issues or trades):
    DC Batman Batgirl Bizarro Dr. Fate Superman
    Vertigo Sandman Fables Astro City Vertigo Quarterly
    Marvel Miracleman Thors Ms. Marvel
    Other Lazarus Buffy Angel & Faith Saga

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Yeah, big swing and a miss. I get the vibe that DC has no real idea what they want to do with SUPERGIRL, which boggles my mind since her book was actually really good once the awful Red Lanterns thing was over. It was really good comics, I thought. No need to cancel it.

Anyway, yeah- Kara should be front and center during this. She's Clark's only living family. At least Krypto was in ACTION COMICS for a blink-and-you-miss-it moment.

Where is Superboy by the way? Is there still a "Superboy"? I have no idea.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Yeah, big swing and a miss. I get the vibe that DC has no real idea what they want to do with SUPERGIRL, which boggles my mind since her book was actually really good once the awful Red Lanterns thing was over. It was really good comics, I thought. No need to cancel it.

Anyway, yeah- Kara should be front and center during this. She's Clark's only living family. At least Krypto was in ACTION COMICS for a blink-and-you-miss-it moment.

Where is Superboy by the way? Is there still a "Superboy"? I have no idea.
    Superboy got framed and is on the run. The Titans have a bit of "Civil War" right now, Tim's team believes Superboy while Cassie's team is opposing them.

I still believe Kara is gonna be part of the Truth "Arc", i wouldnt be surprised if she shows up in a cell somewhere. Especially if she is powerless or depowered right now

BANNED

Well maybe kal and Kara have dropped to where kon is without using his TTK,maybe how he can be hit and it actually hurt,but still tough enough to take a beating or take less damage than humans.

Maybe kon being part human has made him immune to what is effecting kal and kara,I mean he does have different weaknesses and ways of powering himself.

Just a thought

Astonishing Member

I really hope that Supergirl has nothing to do with Truth, nor Superboy.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    I really hope that Supergirl has nothing to do with Truth, nor Superboy.
    Wouldn't make much sense, in-story, for Kara to not show up.

I posted this some where else, but I'm going to repost it here
    I don't think I knew her book was getting canned. Damn. My favorite was still the first dozen issues before that... what ever that bad guy's name was in that big crossover. I can't even remember, just remember how bad it was lol
    They kind of made a hash of her and superboy. Hers was much improved from it's low point, though I didn't care about the supporting cast; at all.
    I sort of hope the real reason they don't have books is because they didn't get any pitches they liked for post convergence and instead of just going with the least worst the powers that be decided to wait till they had something worth while. Maybe no one knew what do do with a Supergirl and Superboy that would be more powerful than Superman ATM. Since she has a TV series on the way there's no way they're going to leave her without a book.
    Also, might be cool if they did a Supergirl/Superboy book. Could be like a buddy cop formula lol
    Last edited by Internet-man; 06-27-2015 at 05:25 AM.
    Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Teen Titans, Astro City, Spider-Man 2099, Lazarus, The Maxx: Maxximized, Invader Zim
    There is only one Apocalypse

I was wondering this same thing. I kind of feel like DC wants to pretend she doesn't exist until they can relaunch her book with a new costume to go along with the TV show.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrap View Post
    Also Kara is nowhere in the "DCYou". Solo cancelled and she isn't in the JLU or anywhere else, there is a Supergirl in JL3001 but that's not connected to any other title. I wouldn't be surprised if she appears in one of the four Superbooks as a Prisoner of the "Big Bad". I mean people know she is Clark Kent's cousin or am i wrong about that?

Also how could she have lost her powers? Something in the Atmosphere or with the Sun?
    I do kind of see why they might not want her to be a presence in this story in her normal powered state. If you're telling a story that relies on Superman being considerably weaker than usual, having Kara around at full strength might get in the way of that. Yes, it's an incredibly lazy decision to just depower her and sideline her, but one I could see them making bearing in mind DC's brain trust. They don't seem to be good at using Superman's family in his stories for the most part. I would have just let her stay in space for a bit longer to be honest, that's another perfectly good way of keeping her aside while still letting her have her own story, especially as she was already in space school! They've sent her into space only to bring her back again for each of her last three story arcs now. DC need to decide whether they want her story to play out on Earth or not and just stick with their decision.

It does bother me that the Superbooks haven't referred to Kara or Kon at all while this has been going on. I could easily imagine that she's still working in New York, serving coffee and dating Michael but some acknowledgement of that would be nice. If she does enter the Truth storyline as an actual player it might be interesting but I'm honestly sceptical about that, the Superman crossovers have a poor record of using her correctly. If(when) she gets her book back, I hope they quickly cover what she's been doing and then move on to whatever the new story is.