Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

What I'm tired of is the 'I'm so sick of (fill in the blank)" threads. These kind of posts should have been left behind when the old board was deleted. I hate TONS of characters, but I'm not gonna start an entire post about it and potentially trash someone's favorite character.

*Mic drop*

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post
    What I'm tired of is the 'I'm so sick of (fill in the blank)" threads. These kind of posts should have been left behind when the old board was deleted. I hate TONS of characters, but I'm not gonna start an entire post about it and potentially trash someone's favorite character.

*Mic drop*
    Now that is how how u steal the show!

Well... Jean Grey is the Marie Sue of the X-series!!! In my case I only liked her in the 90's cartoon, but I don't like her and I have enough of her... and now in the comics they have the young jean Grey.... more Mary Sue!!!

And about the Phoenix.... please stop!!!

It was cool 20 years ago, but is time the bird dies... and the error Marvel did to Jean Grey they are doing it to Quentin Quire!!!

In my case I want to see more about Rachel Grey/Summer, I love her and I want she has nothing to do with the Phoenix in the future!!!
    Last edited by datugu; 10-22-2014 at 10:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    Well... Jean Grey is the Marie Sue of the X-series!!! In my case I only liked her in the 90's cartoon, but I don't like her and I have enough of her... and now in the comics they have the young jean Grey.... more Mary Sue!!!
    Well young jean is not exactly a marie sue. IN the power department she's pretty OP tbh, but then
    -she is manipulative
    -takes everything for granted
    -treats her friends like crap
    -Doesn't respect anyone privacy cos her telepathy
    -Brainwashes her friends
    -Insults her older self legacy

Could be justified for misinformation or because she wants to avoid her own death no matter what
    She's kind of a bitch and a lame drama queen, I hope she becomes better person when she meets UU jean

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Well young jean is not exactly a marie sue. IN the power department she's pretty OP tbh, but then
    -she is manipulative
    -Brainwashes her friends

Could be justified for misinformation or because she wants to avoid her own death no matter what
    She's kind of a bitch and a lame drama queen, I hope she becomes better person when she meets UU jean
    When you say "OP" I take it you mean, "Over-Powered"?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    When you say "OP" I take it you mean, "Over-Powered"?
    Pretty much, she's so OP that the rest of the team could easily be irrelevant (angel I'm looking at you!) and ANXM is easily her solo show and that's the reason I read it, the other was tyke but now he's gone

-she is manipulative
    -Brainwashes her friends

True... she is all that... and can also a way to go against her old self (that everybody keep comparing her with herself)... but still she is a Marie Sue, because everything that happen is to her and she is like the center of attention...

Funny is that I love better this bad girl Jean that the old Jean and I will be also pissed if everybody keeps comparing me with my old self that I don't identify myself, even thought I have enough with all that drama queen...

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    True... she is all that... and can also a way to go against her old self (that everybody keep comparing her with herself)... but still she is a Marie Sue, because everything that happen is to her and she is like the center of attention...

Funny is that I love better this bad girl Jean that the old Jean and I will be also pissed if everybody keeps comparing me with my old self that I don't identify myself, even thought I have enough with all that drama queen...

When you're dead for over a decade it's a funny thing how, events seem to be all about you, and guys if we're going to use the term Mary Sue let's use it in the right context! Having a lot of power and stories centered on you does NOT a Mary Sue make!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    When you're dead for over a decade it's a funny thing how, events seem to be all about you, and guys if we're going to use the term Mary Sue let's use it in the right context! Having a lot of power and stories centered on you does NOT a Mary Sue make!
    In a way it does, if it's all about her and she has a lot of powers it adds bonus points for hte mary sue test, it's a complex term, but also having a lot of deffects (that I've pointed) and still recieve attention from the other characters even tough in a normal scenario most ppl might end up hating her for being a manipulative %&$/% might make her a mary sue

Spectacular Member

I don't know if I am remembering this right but Phoenix is eternal you can't destroy it, it was there in the universe before this one and it will probably be in the next to.Didn't galactus once fused with it?All that aside Phoenix itself is used too much everytime there is a dark phoenix and I am sick of it.Quire as Phoenix would be good and Evan as apocalypse(good one) would add a lot to the comics because outside forces have grown too strong and X-men need stronger players too.
    Jean Grey wasn't interestig I will give you that, what made her nteresting for me was the dynamic between her and Wolverine, I wanted them together but her Phoenix drama really was and is boring.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Yeah, I'm sick of the Pheonix drama too. It dominates too much of the X-Mythos and takes away from other characters to have their own Saga. Its repeated way too much, even Morrison whose run that started out strong was its weakest in "Here Comes Tomorrow."

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Well, Marvel loves using the Phoenix as a villain and Jean/Tean are the best options atm since Rachel hasn't been a Host for years, Hope gave up being a Host after the Scarlet Witch manipulated her to do "No More Phoenix", and who here SERIOUSLY believes that QQ could be a competent Phoenix Host?

I doubt they'll want to make Rachel a Phoenix Host again for many reasons. Such as how Rachel has developed a great deal since losing the Phoenix.

So it's back to Jean or Tean and they seem to have settled for Tean.

Pretty much, she's so OP that the rest of the team could easily be irrelevant (angel I'm looking at you!) and ANXM is easily her solo show and that's the reason I read it, the other was tyke but now he's gone
    She's powerful but untrained in regards to her powers. So I have no doubt that if Emma had her full powers back, and in control, that she could easily beat Tean. While there's no doubt that MM (Extremely powerful despite being untrained), Rachel, Monet, and Psylocke could beat Tean as well.

Course neither of those 3 are on Tean's team so Tean does have dominance in her own book.

Tean also has the whole "More than half the team wants to sleep with me" drama.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 10-25-2014 at 02:06 PM.

That said I like Jean fine.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    That said I like Jean fine.
    She's been dead for years so... Who knows what she would be like if she ever returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    She's been dead for years so... Who knows what she would be like if she ever returned.
    I know people were annoyed with the power swap between Jean and Betsy in Claremonts first return but I found her very interesting there, partly because the Pheonix wasnt as overblown and also because the Wolverine/Cyclops rivalry was gone as well.