Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Most Phoenix stories don't even involve Jean. Goes both ways too.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And probably has been done a couple of times already.
    And always been reversed sooner or later because they are just 2 sides of the same coin.
    Just like Phoenix and Jean are 2 sides of the same coin.

Its just part of the character-concept.
    You can like it or not, but you'll have to accept it.

Not really. When you manifest the Phoenix force, you become too large to fit into this world and have to evolve into something larger, is what that line means. That there's dozens of Phoenix forcers at once pretty much proves it's not a singular entity but the ultimate form of telekinesis, as is explicitly stated at some point. "Phoenix" is just the name that Shi'ar philosophers give to this ascended state.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. That makes no sense.

The Phoenix Force is a cosmic "Force" wielded by avatars the Phoenix Corps. Like the Nova Corps,the Green Lantern Corps etc...

And yes the Phoenix is just a name like Phal'Kon etc...but that doesn't change the fact that it's a Force.

The Phoenix consciousness is a singlular entity that speaks to it's hosts. Now whether the PF is multiversal or universal that has been up for debate. But all of the recent comics point to it being universal. One PF per universe.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

1bulma1 back with a club banger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. That makes no sense.

The Phoenix Force is a cosmic "Force" wielded by avatars the Phoenix Corps. Like the Nova Corps,the Green Lantern Corps etc...

And yes the Phoenix is just a name like Phal'Kon etc...but that doesn't change the fact that it's a Force.

The Phoenix consciousness is a singlular entity that speaks to it's hosts. Now whether the PF is multiversal or universal that has been up for debate. But all of the recent comics point to it being universal. One PF per universe.
    I am talking and always have been talking about just Morrison's New X-Men. He defined what the Phoenix was quite differently.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Her sweet nature prevents her from going dark. She never meets Mastermind and does not get perverted by him. Her teammates respect her and she has a nurturing environment.
    You are right on the money, jau.

The problem with the Phoenix, and comic books in general is that no one wants to put any thought into anything they are reading, no matter how simple it is.

Everyone should remember that the Phoenix who went Dark Phoenix wasn't even Jean. But The Phoenix itself.

Secondly, the Dark Phoenix didn't kill anyone, it was simply playing around.

Thirdly, the "Dark" Phoenix did destroy a starship as an act of self defense. The starship belonged to Shiar genocidal maniacs who had been just stopped from destroying the whole universe by the Phoenix itself. Any moron who has read the first issues of ANAD X-Men knows that. Again, intellectual laziness on the readers, writers and editors.

Fourth, the "Dark" Phoenix ate a star because that's how a Phoenix feeds itself. You might as well hate an ant eater for eating an ant colony.

I ♥ Jean & The Phoenix, once they give X-Women back to Claremont (with Travel Foreman and JP Leon III alternating on art), Jean will come back as the White Phoenix and it will be grandiose.
    Last edited by DDD; 05-28-2014 at 03:58 PM.

BANNED

What is ANAD X-Men?

What is ANAD X-Men?
    The 1st giant size team. Storm, Nightcrawler, etc.

BANNED

I'm sick of hearing the Phoenix too, but like the mythical bird itself, it can rise again.

Why not put it down for a good 5 years or so before doing that rise again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    The 1st giant size team. Storm, Nightcrawler, etc.
    I never would have guessed.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    Most Phoenix stories don't even involve Jean. Goes both ways too.
    Exactly something else that is perfectly skewed to prove a rant!!!!

as much as i love the Phoenix entity (one of my top 5 fave cosmic beings) i gotta agree with you OP.

I am talking and always have been talking about just Morrison's New X-Men. He defined what the Phoenix was quite differently.
    I'm talking about Morrisons X-Men as well. In his run it still had a separate consciousness.

BANNED

Here's what will work:

First, the editors should give up the dream of the Phoenix making their pet characters interesting. Didn't work for Scemma nor the Cuckoos nor Hope and it is detrimental to QQ.

Second, they need to bring the adult Jean back and give her limited access to the Phoenix. No WPotC stuff is necessary and it can be explained away as being a form Jean can only reach while connected to the White Hot Room.

Then they can stop making the Phoenix a big thing. It can be hers as much as Mjolnir is Thor's.

From there, they can tell stories that aren't about her threatening everyone with her powers. How about superheroics? When's the last time we had a story about Jean being a super-hero?

Honestly, nothing of the X-Men is as fresh as it could be. It's not just the Phoenix. It's hard to get new and engaging stuff when the creators/editors only care about easy $$$.

Dark Phoenix is the easiest money in comics. Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Dark Phoenix is the easiest money in comics. Fact.
    Sometime next year, an event or an arc on Dark Phoenix is going down.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.