Mighty Member

Default We Are Robin- Who is "The Nest"?

Who do you think it is?

Personally, I think it's Alfred. He's got the resources for it, he was always the light in batmans life, and maybe know the bruce is gone, he is trying to bring the light to gotham in a new way?

I don't know why he'd be enlisting kids. doesn't seem his style. But I guess he was ok with all the robins so whatever.

Also, at the end, when he's walking away, I noticed it didn't show his hand. it could have just been in the shadows but I thought it was interesting that that used that angle.

Thoughts?

Extraordinary Member

Alright, there's two questions you have to answer for each candidate:

1) How are they supplied with a giant Batcomputer and locker of Robin gear?

2) How are they motivated and why do they think a Robin gang could work?

Also, we should probably address why they wouldn't be Nest.

So, here's my rundown of suspects:

Alfred- 1) Access to Batgear and money as Penny One, 2) May feel Gotham needs the protection of extra-official means and has seen the Robins work, but as an adult who's seen two Robins die, might not like the idea.

Bruce- 1) Batman, 2) in hiding for the moment, may want to see if a Robin version of Batman Inc. might work, but as an adult who's seen two Robins die, might not like the idea.

Dick Grayson- 1) original Robin, access to tech and Spiral, 2) same as Bruce, but has more experience with large groups and their capabilities, but currently still undercover.

Tim Drake- 1) a Robin counterpart at least, plus the resources he's shown throughout the New 52, 2) past iterations of the character did something similar, and he's the geeky Robin, but already has two books he' big in, and this would be too good to be true.

Michael Lane- 1) Member of Batman Inc, 2) Has a history of obsession with vigilante action in Gotham, but hasn't appeared in quite some time.

Anyone else
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

I don't think it is him, but I think it would be a great direction for Jason Todd. Leaving aside the very personal reasons he might have for wanting to liberate and empower Street Kids with the Robin mantle - and give them proper training and equipment - it's also fairly neat "protecting Gotham, but not Bruce's way" position for him.

I'm kind of hoping it's Tim, because it's seems like a very (pre-flashpoint) Drake thing to do.

Though, I'm liking the idea of it being Jason, too.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I don't think it is him, but I think it would be a great direction for Jason Todd. Leaving aside the very personal reasons he might have for wanting to liberate and empower Street Kids with the Robin mantle - and give them proper training and equipment - it's also fairly neat "protecting Gotham, but not Bruce's way" position for him.
    Now that would be something to see as well as being a different direction for him to go in insofar as Gotham itself is concerned. He would also have one thing that I'm not entirely sure any of the others listed by godisawesome have right at this moment and that is the money to fund such a thing. He has money independent of Bruce's from his own activities which I'm sure is not currently available to any of the others due to the takeover of Wayne Enterprises by the government and Powers. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Wayne fortune's assets are frozen at the moment. The thing I don't think Jason has though is the time to actually run such an operation day to day though he might be willing to financially back it and maybe also train the kids involved from time to time.

My theory is this: "The Nest" is actually a group of former "Robins" and/or other Bat allies with its day to day operations being overseen by Tim and/or Alfred. I also think it's very telling that Julia is perfectly placed within the sanctioned Batman's group, which leads me to suspect that she may either be sending on things to "The Nest" or that maybe even Gordon is somehow involved here as well.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-26-2015 at 02:48 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Ya, i think its Al. Though im not a big fan of that. I mean this is really taking Als enabling to a whole new level.

Why not Spoiler?

Extraordinary Member

*Any* former sidekick fits the bill of a person with the resources to support the Robins and feel fine enabling them. Alfred would feel a little uncomfortable with that job, Bruce likewise, and really the best excuse you could have for someone thinking a bunch of teenagers in Githam should seek out danger, would be if they did it themselves.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

All-New Member

I think Alfred BUT they showed a right hand holding the doorframe in one panel (in a purple? glove). Maybe it's the Joker

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, i think its Al. Though im not a big fan of that. I mean this is really taking Als enabling to a whole new level.
    My feeling is these kids started it on their own and Alfred just noticed them and offered them help and that seems very Alfred to me, or atleast more like Alfred than building a child militia on his own.

What happens when these kids start dieing though? Which is quite frankly inevitable. Blood will be on Als hands for encouraging this.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-27-2015 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    What happens when these kids start dieing though? Which is quite frankly inevitable. Blood will be on Als hands for encouraging this.
    No Robin has ever died, what are you talking about?

Jk, that would be an interesting story development if Bermejo wants to go that way. I have never had a problem with kid vigilantes facing danger on a nightly basis. How else will they become great crimefighters?