Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default How X-MEN like will the post-Secret Wars Inhumans stories be?

So, in order to tie into the MCU Marvel is more or less making the Inhumans the new mutants. But how far will they go story-wise to make that so? Will the post-Secret Wars Inhumans stories be very similar to the X-MEN, with racism, inequality, and acceptance being at the center? Will the Inhumans tackle the things that the X-MEN are all about? Will they go as far as to make the government start anti-Inhuman initiatives like they did to mutants in past X-MEN stories? And where will that leave the X-MEN if the Inhumans become Marvel's new book dealing with those themes? What do you think?

I think marvel is going to model the new Inhumans franchise after the success of the x-men franchise.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I think marvel is going to model the new Inhumans franchise after the success of the x-men franchise.
    I think that there is a lot of truth in that statement. I think the Inhumans are the substitute, since there's the whole Fox movie thing with X-Men, that's too long to explain here. But I think you can safely say that the InHumans will take up the X-Men's role in the Marvel universe.

BANNED

So far my guess is it will be same Avengers style with the X-Men theme done all wrong.

Nope... I fell inhumans will never take the mutants place!!!

Even though both have powers and several forms, inhumans don't think they are humans, while mutants ARE humans!!!

The only story I will see if that humans will hate them and they will hate humans and will not have any common grounds!!! I like several inhumans, but they cannot take the mutants place, never!!!

Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    Nope... I fell inhumans will never take the mutants place!!!

Even though both have powers and several forms, inhumans don't think they are humans, while mutants ARE humans!!!

The only story I will see if that humans will hate them and they will hate humans and will not have any common grounds!!! I like several inhumans, but they cannot take the mutants place, never!!!
    You should read Brian Woods X-Men v3 about the original mutants. The information Storm discovered meant that mutants weren't humans.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You should read Brian Woods X-Men v3 about the original mutants. The information Storm discovered meant that mutants weren't humans.
    I may have missed something. What are you speaking about?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    what did storm discover?

Very X-Men-y. The Inhumans have no mileage without it.

Well, im totally for the Sentinels to show up.

Hmmm, If Agents of Shield is anything to go by, I'm going to say as if written by Claremont himself at his best. That's what they'll aim for, anyways.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Hmmm, If Agents of Shield is anything to go by, I'm going to say as if written by Claremont himself at his best. That's what they'll aim for, anyways.
    With a side of Bendis.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, im totally for the Sentinels to show up.
    "RECALIBRATING to seek out FILTHY INHUMAN DNA!"

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

The hints have been there...

on Cosmic Beasts' timeline repair/equation... we see Inhumans listed before important X-men "history." In Uncanny Inhumans 0, Blackbolt's son is sent into the past...

Now Beast is in on Inhumans... Cyclops is making an appearance. It is rumored and confirmed that something mysterious happens between the X-men and the Inhumans post Secret Wars...bringing them together...

We're going to find out mutants are an ancient offshoot/descendants of Inhumans... regardless of what has been stated before... we are getting a major retcon connecting these two franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    The hints have been there...

on Cosmic Beasts' timeline repair/equation... we see Inhumans listed before important X-men "history." In Uncanny Inhumans 0, Blackbolt's son is sent into the past...

Now Beast is in on Inhumans... Cyclops is making an appearance. It is rumored and confirmed that something mysterious happens between the X-men and the Inhumans post Secret Wars...bringing them together...

We're going to find out mutants are an ancient offshoot/descendants of Inhumans... regardless of what has been stated before... we are getting a major retcon connecting these two franchises.
    They could easily do that without messing much up - say retcon the x-gene into being an aberrant strain (mutation) of the inhuman gene, one that ended up manifesting without terrigenesis.
    Dark does not mean deep.