Default (Spoilers) After watching Terminator Genisys, i have theory about the Post-SW X-men.

Im going to put my theory in spoilers, just in case as well.

spoilers:
    Well, in the movie, this time Skynet also tried to kill Sarah when she was a 9 year old, and someone send a T-800 to protect her, so when Kyle Reese arrived to 1984, what he end up running into a badass young Sarah instead, and this whole thing created a whole new timeline, and Reese getting to two sets of memories (the post-apocalyptic childhood that he had and the nice and happy childhood that he never had) because John was infected with nanobots while he was mid-time-travel; anyways, they travel to 2017 to stop Genisys and Sarah doenst get pregnant and Reese doesnt die, also kind-of closing the loop with Reese telling to his young self "Genisys is Skynet", something that for most of the movie he didnt know how he had memories of that .
    So what if Teen Jean and Tyke, or all the O5, or at least Teen Jean, decides to do something to fix the living hell that their lives have turned into; maybe Teen Jean saves Annie's life or refuses to go back, or something to alter and re-write the X-men story completely while the new planet and timeline are created/restored; what if Beast, and the Human Torch and Cyclops are not simply joining the Inhumans after Secret Wars, what if in this new timeline, they have been part of them for a long time all along; or even worse, what if in this new timeline, the X-men never existed instead ?, what if the mutants that we all know and love always have been Medusa's underlings or just "random nobodies " with superpowers instead?.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

No. Dear god, no.

While certainly a way to stir things up, that is more the sort of thing you see in a spinoff alternate universe sort of thing, be it an arc, mini, graphic novel, whatever the case. In that context I could see it. I find it highly unlikely though. The truth is that it would amount to a history wipe for everyone. That wouldn't lead to many happy fans, something I believe Marvel is cognizant of.

I wouldn't be surprised if the O5 did something drastic to set up the new status quo. After the last ANXM, that is a very believable direction. This direct path though, I find unlikely.

BANNED

I can see marvel doing that, or saying that the X gene is an inhuman offshoot

Quote Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
    While certainly a way to stir things up, that is more the sort of thing you see in a spinoff alternate universe sort of thing, be it an arc, mini, graphic novel, whatever the case. In that context I could see it. I find it highly unlikely though. The truth is that it would amount to a history wipe for everyone. That wouldn't lead to many happy fans, something I believe Marvel is cognizant of.

I wouldn't be surprised if the O5 did something drastic to set up the new status quo. After the last ANXM, that is a very believable direction. This direct path though, I find unlikely.
    Well, besides Jean using the Phoenix to save the universe, for 40 years the stories werent that connected, so besides that characters like Beast presented not being present in some Avengers stories, i dont think that the non-X-men would be affected that much.

BANNED

I will drop all Marvel books if they did this. This would be a massive slap to the face for fans and I would not support a comic company that would do that to their fans.

I think some aspects of the timeline are going to be rewritten after Secret Wars regardless. For example, I don't think Miles Morales will be a refugee from an alternate universe (the Ultimate one), rather I think he will be folded into the new Marvel Universe (which won't be the 616, though it will largely resemble it aside from these tweaks) and he will always have been there. I also think we may get a married Peter Parker back in the process, as though the whole 'One More Day' fiasco didn't happen. In other cases it may be different, though. Like Old Man Logan. He may very well be from an alternate future, but I think something will happen where he doesn't really remember it. So he'll be like the amnesiac Wolverine of old, just older looking. As for the O5, no idea what will happen there. Or with mutants in general. But I have no doubt that something big and controversial is coming out of this for the X-men...

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

It's not a new timeline, it's 616 back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Well, for the MCU properties, yes, for the rest, who knows ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Where did you read that? Everything I've seen has said that the 616 is dead, but then naturally they also say that "it's not a reboot" in the same breath. So my guess is that it's new reality which is very similar to the 616, but with a few tweaks like Miles having been a part of it from the beginning.

But I would almost guarantee that the new Marvel Universe does not have the designation 616. Everyone at Marvel seems to universally hate it, and they've made a point of saying that openly in interviews.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Where did you read that? Everything I've seen has said that the 616 is dead, but then naturally they also say that "it's not a reboot" in the same breath. So my guess is that it's new reality which is very similar to the 616, but with a few tweaks like Miles having been a part of it from the beginning.

But I would almost guarantee that the new Marvel Universe does not have the designation 616. Everyone at Marvel seems to universally hate it, and they've made a point of saying that openly in interviews.
    I honestly hope they keep Miles' history, I don't want them messing with his backstory. I also get the feeling that the post-Secret Wars universe will get the 616 universe number even if it's not the same universe.