Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: "Witchblade" to End in October, Sejics Now Top Cow-Exclusive

In advance of Comic-Con International, CBR has exclusive news from Top Cow Productions, including the end -- for now -- of "Witchblade."

Full article here.

Does that mean Sejic is off Rat Queens already? Dang.

Finally, Switch is officially announced. This has been one of my most anticipated books of the year. I discovered Sejic's work on Death Vigil. Not only is he a fantastic artist, but is developing into a top-notch writer. Looking forward to October!
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Can't say I am particularly excited about any of this news. Does that mean no more Death Vigil? I thought he had more planned than the one trade. What about Ravine?
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Amazing Member

its sad that hes already done with Rat Queens but im also really excited for Switch not only for Sejic, who has been my favourite Writer/artists since i opened Death Vigil #1 but also because i really like the idea of the Top Cow Universe and its characters but the early stuff is just a pain to read through, i just feel dirty reading that stuff.

Hopefully this will refresh TopCows status somewhat, i heard from multiple people that they were intrigued by Death Vigil but didnt pick it up because of the Top Cow logo and the prejudice they have against it, stemming mainly from the old Witchblade stuff.
    thats really sad because lately their books have been awesome, Death Vigil, IX Generation, Postal, The Tithe and more.

also if you read this please go pick up the Death Vigil Trade if it hits, i just cant stand a world in which this book doesnt get a second Arc, and if you are not sure if you like it or not you can get a taste of the story here : http://nebezial.deviantart.com/journ...YONE-531698214

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Can't say I am particularly excited about any of this news. Does that mean no more Death Vigil? I thought he had more planned than the one trade. What about Ravine?
    SAles are bad so if we will get more Death Vigl will be decided by Trade salesnumbers, RAvine will propably be continued as a webcomic similar to what he does with sunstone, also because of poor sales

I've been with Witchblade for about 18 of its 20-year run (still got the very first issue along with a ton of minis and one-shots). There was always the idea that Sara was not going to be the bearer of the Witchblade forever, but every time she got rid of it, she eventually ended up back with it. I think officially ending the book was really the only way for her story to truly end. An awesome 20 years.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Very sad. I love Witchblade. It was a real breath of fresh air when it debuted. The comic book world won't be the same without it. Given the flood of female characters lately, I think Sara Pezzini was ahead of her time. Don't know how they'll be able to resolve everything with this series before it ends, but I'm going to miss this series either way.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Devastated for Rat Queens; was hoping for a big long run with Sejic

Interesting. The end of Witchblade and also new, out-of-universe creator owned stuff. I wonder if this means they are drifting away from the cheesecake/T&A angle.

Spectacular Member

well...this got out.

i was hoping the rat queens team would announce it from their end first.

truth is, this was a bad year for me healthwise. as you will soo see in my letter of apology for lateness in generation 9 issue 4...i ruined myself wiht the walk it off attitude.

i ignored my thyroid condition until it threw my liver out of whack and i spent the last 2 months in perpetual nausea.
    i believe rat queens fans deserve better than a delay after delay on such a wonderful book so i offered to step down , luckily i am to be replaced by a wonderfully skilled artist

i am going to finish death vigil 8 this july, and then it is oon hiatus untill between the sales of the trade, and sales of sunstone i can fele confident enough to announce death vigil lost childhood. a 4 issue mini about how james became a part of the vigil and how through a cool adventure, him and mia became friends

then for the first time in my 12 year career..i will take a month off.

i need to power up a bit.

then after that switch.

now, as for ravine. that book tanked with massive losses, however i am a stubborn man and i don't give up on my projects that easily.
    i will convers ravine to sunstone format of webcomic first starting early next year. from there on we will see.

and as for your question ,hypno hustler

see for yourself. here is an extensive preview of switch

http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/j...here-468775053

Congrats to the Sejics for going exclusive. They've been doing some amazing work and I'm excited to see more of their art and creativity grace top cows pages.

But now I'm also sad to see that WB is ending. Not only are we losing a great character in Sara, but we also have one less book that takes place in the Top Cow Universe, which also happens to be my favorite comic book universe.

Well this is not good. But does this mean we have to wait a couple of years until Sara is back as Witchblade or is this permanent? I know it's not Marvel or DC but Image is a totally different animal so it can go either way like with Savage Dragon now starring his son in the title role.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Well this is not good. But does this mean we have to wait a couple of years until Sara is back as Witchblade or is this permanent?
    It seems as if it's permanent this time. Should Witchblade return, it probably will be with a brand-new bearer with no connection to Sara. But as the article said, the book may not be back for awhile.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Bad News

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post

see for yourself. here is an extensive preview of switch

http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/j...here-468775053
    Looks very cool. I will check it out!