Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

This is kind of sad. Without Darkness and now Witchblade, Top Cow feels redundant. I think Sejic has made a mistake here.

All-New Member

Awful news. I've been reading this book for about 10 years now. I've done my best to support the book by buying both 50/50 covers and the digital comics when they go on sale for $0.99.

This book was ahead of its time when there were no other titles featuring strong women characters month after month. And the art was always above and beyond what other books had.

I hated the way The Darkness ended and I suspect it was discontinued due to finance problems. But with Witchblade ending it only confirms my belief that the title is simply not generating enough Revenue to support a creative team like Ron Marz or Sejac.

Especially when the page count of witchblade and darkness dropped to 17 pages from the industry standard of 20 pages. But maybe it's for the best to end the book for awhile than simply continuing the book with an awful writer like Tim Seeley, which would probably piss me off even more.

In fact, I'm going to straight up and blame Tim Seeley for ruining this title when it had such a strong following after issue 150.

Ron Marz has done a great job of revitalizing the character once again. And again, my final gripe is going to be that Ron was only given 15 issues before Witchblade was canceled as well at issue 185.

This pisses me off to no end and I hope this book is relaunched with another strong creative team in the near future.

I've been enjoying Aphrodite, Generation XI, but the potential end of Witchblade pisses me off and shocks me to the core.

I thought Image comics were better than this. And yes, I know they were started under Top Cow, but we all know they really are an image comic

Incredible Member

The Top Cow Shared Universe is pretty much dead then. Only title that is left is IXth Generation.

All-New Member

Wait a second! I just noticed that Sejic is launching another book called "Switch"

Which ingeniously has the word "Witch" blade in it? Maybe not all hope is lost as maybe the Witchblade just could be leap frogging from Sara Pezzini to someone else

Not all hope is lost

Sad news, but I felt it was coming. I thought they were going to limp to issue 200 and then bury it. It was a great run and I'm missing about 20 issues to complete my run. I'll patiently wait to see who the next bearer will be when they decide to relaunch it.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 0ut0f0rder View Post
    Wait a second! I just noticed that Sejic is launching another book called "Switch"

Which ingeniously has the word "Witch" blade in it? Maybe not all hope is lost as maybe the Witchblade just could be leap frogging from Sara Pezzini to someone else

Not all hope is lost
    there could be something to that XD

oh_just_some_fun_panels_teen_witchblade_by_nebezial-d5xkb21 (2).jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    This is kind of sad. Without Darkness and now Witchblade, Top Cow feels redundant. I think Sejic has made a mistake here.
    oh... i don't know about all that...

and i mean ALL that...

Nooooooo!

Ah man. Not only is Witchblade ending after 20 years, but theyre retiring Sara Pezzini!? Say it aint so Top Cow.

*Sigh. All good things i guess.

I wanna give a shout out and thanks to you Stjepan and to Ron Marz. Your run on the book really revitalised my love for the book and in the Top Cow U as a whole. There was some great work done on that there book.

I guess with Darkness, Cyber Force and now Witchblade ending Top Cow are looking to focus on more independant and creator owned stuff. Im sure theres some good works to come but man, it just aint gonna be the same.

All-New Member

...and there goes my last triple digit title. End of an era in more ways than one.

Crap! I've followed the series since the beginning, and really enjoyed it since Marz tool over. I know sales were rather low, so I'm not surprised, it's just a little sad to see the title stopping while it is still good.

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Finally, Switch is officially announced. This has been one of my most anticipated books of the year. I discovered Sejic's work on Death Vigil. Not only is he a fantastic artist, but is developing into a top-notch writer. Looking forward to October!
    This. I'm a little sad to see him be a Top Cow artist only - seeing him branch out into other Image work would have been great, but Switch - with it's varying names - has been promising since it started to appear on his DA page. Definitely one to look forward to.

Amazing Member

Sad to hear Ravine didn't do as well as hoped. But if you're going to be continuing it via the web, hopefully, like Sunstone has, it'll find its way back to print.

Gonna miss Witchblade. I was looking forward to the Magdalena mini but I guess that's not going to happen.

Now both Witchblade and The Darkness are no more. The 90s died today.

That being said, this opens up the possibility for new, fresher bearers for both a few years down the road. I'd totally be down for a new interpretation for the next generation. A "Batgirled" Top Cow Universe perhaps?
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatGlamorous View Post
    Now both Witchblade and The Darkness are no more. The 90s died today.

That being said, this opens up the possibility for new, fresher bearers for both a few years down the road. I'd totally be down for a new interpretation for the next generation. A "Batgirled" Top Cow Universe perhaps?
    That's basically what Switch is, no?