Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Victims of decimation appreciation thread - Light a candle and never forget

With three words mutantphobe and murderer Wanda Maximoff decimated mutants. We have not only had deaths as a result of the chaotic spell across the multiverse, but indirect deaths as well as physiological violations of mutants bodies. We have seen other mutants react to this new status quo and follow dark paths. This thread is for ALL mutants who have passed away, lost their way, lost a part of themselves due to the effects of what we call M-Day.

Won't you light a candle and tell us a little bit about your favourite mutant who has suffered or passed away due to M-Day.

Dr. Hank McCoy

Also known as Beast, has always been mentally unhinged since young. Perhaps due to the affects of Charles Xavier's wiping his former life out with a mind-wipe. However, Beasts recent downspiral can be pin pointed to X-Men - Endangered Series. He sold his soul to undo Wanda's mess. In doing so he has been on a slipperly slope to insanity. This mutant has dug up corpses, experiented on the dead in order to reverse this chaotic spell. He is so insane right now that he has even destroyed the very fabric of space and time. Heck even the Watcher hates his guts. So Beast, while you're moving to your new home with the Uncanny Inhumans I light this candle so you may one day find your way back. Not to the X-Men, but find your way back to the light that Wanda stole from you.

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-26-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Beautiful Dreamer

Beautiful Dreamers life has been surrounded with tragedy; as a morlock and as a survivor of the mutant massacre. Her only wish was to have friends and live. Decimation gave the Purifiers and opportunity to organise and mobilise. Beautiful Dreamer being defenseless and being on her own in a world with 198 mutants made her easy pickings. She was administered a new strain of the legacy virus and died. Beautiful Dreamer we miss you. You had the most beautiful ability to bring peoples dreams to life. I light this candle so people will remember the beauty of your talent rather then your horrific death.

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-26-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Ariel

Ariel of the Coconut Grove joined the X-Men out of a sense of duty. She was instrumental in retrieving Hope. It was believed that Ariel was killed in action by a Purifier missile. M-Day had reinvigorated their campaign to wipe out all mutants. Ariel sacrifice resulted with her being in limbo until Rogue was able to rescue her.

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-26-2015 at 01:29 PM.

BANNED

Wanda Maximoff, aka the Scarlet Witch:*

One of the first (along with her brother) openly mutant super-heroes who didn't hide behind a school (and because they wanted to)**, Wanda was a hero instrumental in the defeat of many a foe who threatened the Earth and more. Her marriage, analogous to interracial marriage, provided commentary on social "norms". She provided counsel for her friends and family within the Avengers and even put Captain America in his place from time to time. Sadly, much of her characterization was forgotten/butchered/ignored in "Avengers: Disassembled", "House of M", and more stories afterward and a few messy retcons have punished her fans for nearly 10 years and counting. May Bendis and Remender never writer her again.

*Did I do it right?
    **"Mutantphobe". Heh.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 06-26-2015 at 02:08 PM.

D'you realize how of bad idea this thread is? Scarlet Witch's defender will flock to this thread and spam it until they make the thread unreadable before one of the mods lock it. And I call two days before this thread locked.

And I'm sorry, I will not take part in this game. We should just move on and forget about this thing. She's not even a mutant now.
    Last edited by veriaqa; 06-26-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

November 2 is the date Marvel has listed foe M-day a tragic event that changed the status of mutants in the Marvel U.

Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    D'you realize how of bad idea this thread is? Scarlet Witch's defender will flock to this thread and spam it until they make the thread unreadable before one of the mods lock it. And I call two days before this thread locked.
    It's an appreciation thread for victims of M-day particularly the ones who have smaller fan bases and are now dead or in limbo. There are different rules that apply here. Spam like the post above is not in keeping with a thread as the chaos wave did not have an in story effect on Wanda. Additionally she perpetuated it and is not a mutant anymore and never was one. So I ask that user politely to edit their post as this is an appreciation thread.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-26-2015 at 02:17 PM.

BANNED

I would like to remember and appreciate Wind Dancer. She was a wonderful person... And then had her gift taken away on M-day.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I would like to remember and appreciate Wind Dancer. She was a wonderful person... And then had her gift taken away on M-day.
    Light a candle for Wind dancer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I think she was killed during Red Skull's hatewave in an early UA issue. RIP.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Though she's alive. She got depowered and was never seen again. The favorite Acolyte of many (and almost X-Men) Scanner.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Can we count poor Caliban?

BANNED

Nightcrawler got a hand through the chest because of M-Day. Now he's a soulless husk.

Does the kids in buses blown up by the Purifiers count ?.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Does the kids in buses blown up by the Purifiers count ?.
    Yes to the X-Kids and Caliban.