Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    None of those characters are going anywhere. We are still getting new stories involving Thor, Steve,Logan, and Bruce. if all those characters died I would see the argent from long term fans. Marvel is making an all new all different cake and letting fans eat their all ancient and and slightly the same cake too.
    We will still get stories featuring Steve and friends. They will be one shot or mini series. Last time I checked did we get a new novel featuring Thor & Steve?

They will be in movies, video games, toys and so on.

So all this whining about taking my character away is CRAP.

Now when Thor gets edited out of books like Cassandra Cain.

Then we have a huge issue.

Maybe because they liked those 50+ years of stories so much that they still want to read more?
    Well the same can be said about Miles and other minorities as well.

The major difference is too many folks start complaining when some uses them. Now you know how those fans feel to get told read back issues.

Every announcement of a female or minority lead book Marvel has announced has turned into a crybaby fest about I don't want that character around.

Just because they are NOT showing your favorite mean that they are being buried or sent to limbo.

If that was the case shouldn't Mickey Mouse fans be at war with Muppets fans or Alvin & The Chipmunk fans?

When was the last time Mickey Mouse headlined a movie?

What about Star Trek? Those fans are fighting (much). Despite the new movies and 1 comic book series getting the attention, we are still seeing the others (except Enterprise).

The more and more I think about pak returning to Hulk even if was bruce I be worried about what direction the book would be going. I was not a fan of pak last run on the book. It was hampered at times by Jeph Loeb garbage but even after loeb left direction he took back at times left me like WTF? I will wait for the real characters to return. Nothing against the replacement. I'm not interested reading dying Jane Foster as Thor or over his head Falcon as Captain America (who they screwed up from the start) or Miles Morales as Spider-Man (character never really interested me). No before anyone says anything has nothing to do with race or sex. I am all for A-Force. My favorite comic is She-Hulk. I rather read a Falcon series then falcon pretending to be someone else. I rather not waste money on headline cash grabs by marvel (or even dc) and just wait till the real characters are back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator7117 View Post
    Just speaking for myself; change is good, but I would like the option of reading the characters I grew up with in the main Marvel continuity. Steve Rodgers is Capt. America to me. Peter Parker is Spider-man(even though Mile is awesome), Thor is Thor even though Jane as Thor is a good read. Logan is Wolverine. Not OML, not X-23, not Daken. Now we have a different Hulk? I'm sure it will be a great read as well. Let me have the option to be to read the normal versions of these characters as well as the new ones. Oh and Iceman is gay....Lets make Northstar straight then or Daken fully gay/straight. Excited to see more of Hyperion though
    This x 1000. You want to make new characters marvel, fine. Make new characters not new people pretending to be old characters. Only in comics do you ever see this bs. No one ever picked up Sherlock Holmes' mantel. Lando didn't find Luke's lightsaber and severed hand and started fighting the Empire as Luke Skywalker. If your characters are so great and the story is so interesting you should have to rely on cheap bait and switch tactics.

Spectacular Member Gladiator7117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    We will still get stories featuring Steve and friends. They will be one shot or mini series. Last time I checked did we get a new novel featuring Thor & Steve?

They will be in movies, video games, toys and so on.

So all this whining about taking my character away is CRAP.

Now when Thor gets edited out of books like Cassandra Cain.

Then we have a huge issue.

Well the same can be said about Miles and other minorities as well.

The major difference is too many folks start complaining when some uses them. Now you know how those fans feel to get told read back issues.

Every announcement of a female or minority lead book Marvel has announced has turned into a crybaby fest about I don't want that character around.

Just because they are NOT showing your favorite mean that they are being buried or sent to limbo.

If that was the case shouldn't Mickey Mouse fans be at war with Muppets fans or Alvin & The Chipmunk fans?

When was the last time Mickey Mouse headlined a movie?

What about Star Trek? Those fans are fighting (much). Despite the new movies and 1 comic book series getting the attention, we are still seeing the others (except Enterprise).
    Seems like the only one crying is you? I, for one, like the new stories. I like the regular characters more. X-23 is an awesome character, but I like Logan better. I'll be collecting Miles' Spider-man comic, but I would like to be able to have an ongoing Pete book in continuity as well.

So it seems when people have an opinion and also have favorites some how they're upset that it's a minority or a female? That's strange because I wasn't into Bucky as Cap. I wouldn't be into anyone else other than T'Challa as BP. Stop crying about fans wanting to read the characters they like.

Quote Originally Posted by joeshan View Post
    He must have misunderstood the TPB question, because 1) The Secret Wars mega set is not really in the "affordable" realm, and 2) it doesn't at all contain the storylines that the person was asking about.
    The poster asked about X-related stuff and was redirected somewhere else. Marvel's obvious strategies aren't very... Complex.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

When Bendis and Quesada re-introduced Spider-Woman to Marvel fans through New Avengers, they said in interviews that she has one of the greatest costumes in the M.U.

Why try to push the same character without it? Sometimes I don't get Marvel. Just as you start buying into what they're saying, they themselves give up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by _underscore View Post
    When Bendis and Quesada re-introduced Spider-Woman to Marvel fans through New Avengers, they said in interviews that she has one of the greatest costumes in the M.U.

Why try to push the same character without it? Sometimes I don't get Marvel. Just as you start buying into what they're saying, they themselves give up on it.
    What was true in 2005 might not be as true in 2015.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    This x 1000. You want to make new characters marvel, fine. Make new characters not new people pretending to be old characters. Only in comics do you ever see this bs. No one ever picked up Sherlock Holmes' mantel. Lando didn't find Luke's lightsaber and severed hand and started fighting the Empire as Luke Skywalker. If your characters are so great and the story is so interesting you should have to rely on cheap bait and switch tactics.
    Those are their actual names, but we are talking about costumed persona's

Also no one complains when the white guy takes over. No one had a problem with Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, or Johnny Storm. People are still clamoring for the return of Wally West. When Bucky and Dick took over their partner's identities, no one was shouting Steve is the only real Cap; or Batman can only be Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by _underscore View Post

It's a costume who cares.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator7117 View Post
    Just speaking for myself; change is good, but I would like the option of reading the characters I grew up with in the main Marvel continuity. Steve Rodgers is Capt. America to me. Peter Parker is Spider-man(even though Mile is awesome), Thor is Thor even though Jane as Thor is a good read. Logan is Wolverine. Not OML, not X-23, not Daken. Now we have a different Hulk? I'm sure it will be a great read as well. Let me have the option to be to read the normal versions of these characters as well as the new ones. Oh and Iceman is gay....Lets make Northstar straight then or Daken fully gay/straight. Excited to see more of Hyperion though
    A life of privilege can be blinding.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

And then there's the diversity of the roster, both in terms of gender and race: Miles is half-Hispanic, half-African-American; Sam Wilson is African-American; Sam Alexander is half-Hispanic; Kamala is Pakistani-American; the Vision is an android. [Laughs] These Avengers couldn't be a better reflection of Marvel in 2015.
    No asian-american representation?

And "hispanic" is viewed by many to be an offensive term - and has been for decades now:
    http://www.nytimes.com/1992/11/15/we...-a-latino.html

Quote Originally Posted by Radix View Post
    Those are their actual names, but we are talking about costumed persona's

Also no one complains when the white guy takes over. No one had a problem with Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, or Johnny Storm. People are still clamoring for the return of Wally West. When Bucky and Dick took over their partner's identities, no one was shouting Steve is the only real Cap; or Batman can only be Bruce.
    I guess you weren't paying very close attention then because people absolutely get ticked when Dick and Bucky took over. Same thing when Ben Riley became Spidey.

And come off it with the those were real names not codenames. Those names are just as much part of those characters identities as their real names. An alias is no less exclusive than a real name. We have just been told it is so that marvel and DC can rely on cheap gimmick writing

Ultimate Member

The whole "why not just make new characters" thing show a massive misunderstanding of how this works. Quite simply, it's NOT that easy. Both Marvel and DC constantly introduce new characters, and only a handful of them (if that) really catch on. That's because it takes a wide variety of factors coming together at once in order for that to happen. Often it comes down to luck more than anything.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-26-2015 at 07:38 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I guess you weren't paying very close attention then because people absolutely get ticked when Dick and Bucky took over. Same thing when Ben Riley became Spidey.

And come off it with the those were real names not codenames. Those names are just as much part of those characters identities as their real names. An alias is no less exclusive than a real name. We have just been told it is so that marvel and DC can rely on cheap gimmick writing
    Oh please, EVERYTHING in comics is a "gimmick" on some level. That's such a meaningless complaint that it's barely worth addressing.

Spectacular Member Gladiator7117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmoar View Post
    A life of privilege can be blinding.
    Oh cool!!! What privilege?