Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge: Inside "All-New, All-Different Marvel," From "Spider-Man" to "A-Force"

Axel Alonso talks Marvel's big announcements, including Miles Morales taking over "Spider-Man" and the "Agent Carter" showrunners joining "Captain Marvel."

Full article here.

Spectacular Member Gladiator7117's Avatar

Just speaking for myself; change is good, but I would like the option of reading the characters I grew up with in the main Marvel continuity. Steve Rodgers is Capt. America to me. Peter Parker is Spider-man(even though Mile is awesome), Thor is Thor even though Jane as Thor is a good read. Logan is Wolverine. Not OML, not X-23, not Daken. Now we have a different Hulk? I'm sure it will be a great read as well. Let me have the option to be to read the normal versions of these characters as well as the new ones. Oh and Iceman is gay....Lets make Northstar straight then or Daken fully gay/straight. Excited to see more of Hyperion though

Amazing Member

He must have misunderstood the TPB question, because 1) The Secret Wars mega set is not really in the "affordable" realm, and 2) it doesn't at all contain the storylines that the person was asking about.

Spectacular Member

If the Hulk does turn out to be Danny Rand I think I might take a break from Marvel comics for a while.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator7117 View Post
    Just speaking for myself; change is good, but I would like the option of reading the characters I grew up with in the main Marvel continuity. Steve Rodgers is Capt. America to me. Peter Parker is Spider-man(even though Mile is awesome), Thor is Thor even though Jane as Thor is a good read. Logan is Wolverine. Not OML, not X-23, not Daken. Now we have a different Hulk? I'm sure it will be a great read as well. Let me have the option to be to read the normal versions of these characters as well as the new ones. Oh and Iceman is gay....Lets make Northstar straight then or Daken fully gay/straight. Excited to see more of Hyperion though
    Not trying to be offensive but you got like 50+ years of stories with those characters, why not give these new characters a chance to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by poneley View Post
    Not trying to be offensive but you got like 50+ years of stories with those characters, why not give these new characters a chance to shine.
    Maybe because they liked those 50+ years of stories so much that they still want to read more?

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Danny Rand Hulk...? Literally a Kung Fu Hulk!?

His hand is blacked out because it is on fire.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    Maybe because they liked those 50+ years of stories so much that they still want to read more?
    Yeah, I still enjoy reading stories about the characters I grew up with. I don't have anything against new characters; I wish they would do more. What I'm tired of is taking an old character (because it has established name/brand recognition) and changing everything about him/her to make them 'new'. Why not just create a new character and if you create a strong enough character, it will join the pantheon of established characters. Obviously it's very difficult to come out of nowhere with a new character but it can be done - Harley Quinn, Spider Gwen, the new X-Men back in the bronze age, etc. Slapping the name and costume of an established character on a completely new character in order to get people to try it out seems like a creative copout to me. When the Silver Age came to DC, they did steal the old superhero names (not secret identity), but everything else was brand new.

Another part of the problem is that the books are simply too expensive these days to have much of a budget for experimenting on new things that look interesting.

Fantastic Member

They will eventually be back in their roles but at least the characters will still be around in some capacity. At least they haven't been completely left behind, as occurred with many of the classic characters from the DCU.

I would much rather read the original characters myself. But marvel knows if you have a choice between Steve and Falcap or Peter and Miles the originals will out sell everytime and they won't be able to force the new characters down our throats, so they won't give us the choice

Astonishing Member

None of those characters are going anywhere. We are still getting new stories involving Thor, Steve,Logan, and Bruce. if all those characters died I would see the argent from long term fans. Marvel is making an all new all different cake and letting fans eat their all ancient and and slightly the same cake too.

Incredible Member

As a big fan of both miles and Peter I'm happy to hear his comments as miles being A spider-man and not THE spider-man. Would love to see titles so each character has a reason to grow I don't want too much Peter in mile's books I wanna see him shine stretch his legs in this new universe with a tiny guidance from Peter saying this is the universe I'm from and here's some tips. And I wanna see Peter grow with his company and I wanna see how Otto makes his come back. Slott still has plenty of stories to tell and I hope miles Will have some of his supporting cast back. But part of me realizes it will be only the survivors will know what happened and miles family will be there never knowing the truth. That way miles keeps his origin but has a reason to have his supporting cast because that's the only way I can imagine they make it.

Also does the hulk have a mini Mohawk? And not just a daken mohawk but a styled hair Mohawk? Makes me wonder if it's a younger character given the hair and the outfit

THIS. I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Danny Rand Hulk...? Literally a Kung Fu Hulk!?

His hand is blacked out because it is on fire.
    To OP. Danny Rand is able to hold his own agaisnt heavyweights thanks to his martial arts. Add Hulk-level strength on top of that and he should wipe the floor with the rest of the MU without breaking a sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    None of those characters are going anywhere. We are still getting new stories involving Thor, Steve,Logan, and Bruce. if all those characters died I would see the argent from long term fans. Marvel is making an all new all different cake and letting fans eat their all ancient and and slightly the same cake too.
    Exactly 10char.
    We need better comics