Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    You know what? Just send Janet to the X-Books. She's been good at mutant PR and I think she will produce interesting interactions with the likes of Storm, Emma Frost, Nightcrawler, Dazzler and Iceman. Now that the MCU has seemingly wasted her and Marvel won't push her in the Avenger books, the X-Books seem like a much better option than fridging or marginalizing her.
    As an X-book reader, I hope not. I don't hate her but she would be a reminder that Uncanny Avengers happened and there are already plenty of X-characters who don't get to shine without the Wasp being "pushed".

Aah. The panel also shows Beast (who joins Inhumans after SW) and 616 Wolverine, so am not taking it for granted that that's a post-SW X-Men line-up. But Jan as an X-Man needs to happen if she isn't playing any kind of prominent role in the Avengerverse.
    Yeah no, I never liked X-men in Avengers team the same also with Avengers in an X-men team. Let them stay in their respective teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    As an X-book reader, I hope not. I don't hate her but she would be a reminder that Uncanny Avengers happened and there are already plenty of X-characters who don't get to shine without the Wasp being "pushed".
    I wonder how much of UA's developments will remain post-SW though.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio1989 View Post
    Yeah no, I never liked X-men in Avengers team the same also with Avengers in an X-men team. Let them stay in their respective teams.
    If any Avenger is acceptable in an X-Men team, it's Jan.

Well its defiantly not gonna happen since the X-men are getting kicked off earth.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Characters go in and out of vogue.

Wasp seems to be out of vogue currently but that doesn't mean they will get rid of her character.
    Personally I would much rather see a underused character like Wasp used more than some of these other over exposed characters.

Seems bizarre that when Marvel is trying to promote female characters that they don't utilize one of the most well known female Avengers.

If it's relaunched post-Secret War, which I think is likely, and Remender is still on it I expect much of it will be kept and Remender will probably continue his storylines. For better or worse.

Well, her and Carol considering Carol's history with the team. Not that she remembers it, but still .
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Characters go in and out of vogue.

Wasp seems to be out of vogue currently but that doesn't mean they will get rid of her character.
    Personally I would much rather see a underused character like Wasp used more than some of these other over exposed characters.

Seems bizarre that when Marvel is trying to promote female characters that they don't utilize one of the most well known female Avengers.
    You'd think that would make her a shoe-in to be a big part of the major all-female team Marvel is promoting, but I guess not...

BANNED

Meh, I don't like X-MEN being Avengers (except for Storm who I liked as an Avenger), so I don't think I'd like an Avengers joining the X-MEN.

I think, after the events of Rage of Ultron, Wasp should decide to continue Pym's Avengers Academy idea in a new way, becoming the founder of the All-New All-Different Avengers to help train the new generation of heroes.
    She'd be the one original Avenger on the team while Iron Man would found another team do deal with threats too big and dangerous for inexperienced kids to battle.

Boisterously Confused

If the Ant-Man film succeeds, I think you can look for the comics to phase her out in favor of some kind of analog to Hope. I don't like that, but The House of Mouse doesn't like confusion in its branding. If the film flops, no one will care enough to bother. If it doesn't there's a brand to be managed across multiple media.

Yes, I'm still embittered over the axing of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes in favor of the inferior, but more film-looking, Avengers Assemble

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think, after the events of Rage of Ultron, Wasp should decide to continue Pym's Avengers Academy idea in a new way, becoming the founder of the All-New All-Different Avengers to help train the new generation of heroes.
    She'd be the one original Avenger on the team while Iron Man would found another team do deal with threats too big and dangerous for inexperienced kids to battle.

I wish I could make that kind of art it looks awesome. I would switch Sam and Peter around.

You know what I want more……. FOR JANET AND ALEX TO GET BACK TOGETHER AND GET THEIR CHILD BACK FROM KANG!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    You know what I want more……. FOR JANET AND ALEX TO GET BACK TOGETHER AND GET THEIR CHILD BACK FROM KANG!!
    With Alex remain inverted?

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    Please no. I hope this storyline gets erased in the shuffle. Alex doesn't need a child that irrevocably ties him to the Avengers or the implication that he was ok with "murdering" all the children born on Planet X except his own.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    If the Ant-Man film succeeds, I think you can look for the comics to phase her out in favor of some kind of analog to Hope. I don't like that, but The House of Mouse doesn't like confusion in its branding.
    I don't think so. Right now, with the mainstream Avengers as a dominant pop culture force in the movies, the comics have Sam Wilson as Captain America, Jane Foster as Thor, and it's looking like Amadeus Cho as the Hulk. Their new Avengers title has a grand total of two heroes (Sam Wilson and the Vision) from the current line-up seen in the movies. And as I said, Hank Pym isn't an old man nor did they retcon Ultron into being Tony Stark's creation.

There are definitely ways the MCU influences the comics, but it is not across the board. Their whole relaunch right now differs from the movies in a number of ways.

Ultimate Member

I have no issue with characters "swapping teams" so to speak. I had no problem with Spider-Man being in an X-book (whether they've done anything interesting with him is another matter), I don't really have a problem with Beast in the new Inhumans book, and I wouldn't have a problem with Wasp (and Captain Marvel) in an X-book.

It changes things up. keeps things fresh. I like that personally.