View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big Man Plans #4 (of 4)

2 5.56%
  • Black Science #16

2 5.56%
  • Bloodstrike #1

3 8.33%
  • Covenant #2

0 0%
  • Descender #5

11 30.56%
  • Injection #3

1 2.78%
  • Oddly Normal #8

0 0%
  • Pisces #3

1 2.78%
  • Saga #30

10 27.78%
  • Savior #4

1 2.78%
  • Shutter #13

0 0%
  • Starve #2

0 0%
  • The Walking Dead #144

5 13.89%
  • Witchblade #183

0 0%
  • Black Science #1 (Image Giant Sized Artist Proof's Edition)

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Image Comics poll week 28 - Bloodstrike launches, Big Man Plans concludes

Welcome to the weekly poll, where we round up our thoughts on this week's Image comics. Vote for the one you liked best and let's chat!

The packed week last time led to a very tight poll, with We Stand On Guard #1 ultimately tieing with Deadly Class #14. Barely ahead of Airboy and 8House.

Comparatively, this week is more subdued. There's some notable releases surely, but less than last time. Mention should go to Big Man Plans, which is wrapping up Eric Powell's first work at Image. Saga is ending its arc already, whereas Shutter begins its second year with a fresh jump-on point. There's also some noteworthy reprints, with Black Science #1 getting an oversized black & white reprint, and Four Eyes: Forged In Flames releasing a remastered trade.

New this week is just one new ongoing series, but it might be a doozy for fans. Bloodstrike #1 promises to show a more mature side to X-Force/Cable/Deadpool creator Rob Liefeld's work.

STK677329.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    We Stand On Guard #1 ultimately pulling juuuuuust ahead of Deadly Class. Technically you can still vote on that poll if you fancy making me edit this though.
    I completely forgot to vote, so now they're tied.

Bloodstrike #1 promises to show a more mature side to X-Force/Cable/Deadpool creator Rob Liefeld's work.
    I read the preview out of morbid curiosity; I'm glad Rob still thinks mature means over the top violence and probably breasts. Maybe some rape.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I read Bloodstrike #1 and you know what? Screw that comic. So frickin' awful from start to finish. I was hoping for something like the old Youngblood comics, where the artwork and story were bad, but it was fun bad. This was just bad. This is like Avatar Comics, with all of its "maturity" and "tastefulness", doing a bad parody of a 90's extreme comic. Bad story, not new reader friendly, awful characters, awful sense of humor (an Adam Sandler comedy is more mature than this), terrible artwork like expected, edgy and shocking for sake of edgy and shocking, and almost going beyond good taste (one scene almost felt like it had connotations of sexual violence to it).

I hate this comic sooooooo much. At least I got a shoe-in for my worst of the year list (that makes three from Image so far this year).

Won't vote until I read Saga at the weekend but boy was The Walking Dead excellent. Saga will have to pull something real special out of its arse (which I'm not expecting due to the relative weakness of the past few arcs) to reclaim the vote from TWD.

Hard not to just vote for TWD, but I have to read Descender and that Black Science Artist Proof edition looks real nice.

It's too bad they stepped down the painted quality of the art on that book because it was too hard for White to color, only for White to leave later.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I read Bloodstrike #1 and you know what? Screw that comic. So frickin' awful from start to finish. I was hoping for something like the old Youngblood comics, where the artwork and story were bad, but it was fun bad. This was just bad. This is like Avatar Comics, with all of its "maturity" and "tastefulness", doing a bad parody of a 90's extreme comic. Bad story, not new reader friendly, awful characters, awful sense of humor (an Adam Sandler comedy is more mature than this), terrible artwork like expected, edgy and shocking for sake of edgy and shocking, and almost going beyond good taste (one scene almost felt like it had connotations of sexual violence to it).

I hate this comic sooooooo much. At least I got a shoe-in for my worst of the year list (that makes three from Image so far this year).
    A comic with that cover was bad? Huh, who'da thunk it!

Seriously though, I am curious to know what your other two worst-of-the-year picks were. Did you also happen to read One Hit Wonder?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    A comic with that cover was bad? Huh, who'da thunk it!

Seriously though, I am curious to know what your other two worst-of-the-year picks were. Did you also happen to read One Hit Wonder?
    The other is Covenant, also by Liefeld, and the other is Intersect by Ray Fawkes. Also for One-Hit Wonder, have not yet, but will give it a read if you think its bad. Could be something worth looking into.

The other is Covenant, also by Liefeld, and the other is Intersect by Ray Fawkes. Also for One-Hit Wonder, have not yet, but will give it a read if you think its bad. Could be something worth looking into.
    It's terrible but not in a way that's morbidly interesting. It's just terrible in that generic failure-to-get-a-single-thing-right kind of way. Which, frankly, is even worse.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    It's terrible but not in a way that's morbidly interesting. It's just terrible in that generic failure-to-get-a-single-thing-right kind of way. Which, frankly, is even worse.
    Most of the series came out last year, but the final issue came out this year... hmmm, I'll give it a shot.

Most of the series came out last year, but the final issue came out this year... hmmm, I'll give it a shot.
    Haha may I ask why you're purposefully reading mediocre comics? Just for the worst of the year list potential? I mean with Bloodstrike I understand at the very least the curiosity. Are you just hoping they'll fall in the 'so bad it's hilarious' category?

Haha may I ask why you're purposefully reading mediocre comics? Just for the worst of the year list potential? I mean with Bloodstrike I understand at the very least the curiosity. Are you just hoping they'll fall in the 'so bad it's hilarious' category?
    Sometimes it's to review them (I find really bad things helps me learn to analyze things) and sometimes it's just to see how bad they are. With Bloodstrike, I was hoping for something so bad it's hilarious after seeing a lot of the bad Liefeld comics of the 90's.

In this case with One-Hit Wonder now, this is the first time someone ever suggested reading a bad comic, so I'm rather curious to see why exactly this would be bad.

Sometimes it's to review them (I find really bad things helps me learn to analyze things) and sometimes it's just to see how bad they are. With Bloodstrike, I was hoping for something so bad it's hilarious after seeing a lot of the bad Liefeld comics of the 90's.

In this case with One-Hit Wonder now, this is the first time someone ever suggested reading a bad comic, so I'm rather curious to see why exactly this would be bad.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! Just to be clear, I'm not recommending it! Horrible characters, shockingly crap dialogue and a plot that would probably be confusing if it wasn't so dull. The art's OK though in a stiff, inconsistent kind of way.

Take from that what you will.

I really thought I would be voting for Walking Dead. But Saga did it for me this month. It made the series feel more like a Rick Remender comic, with hammering home the epic tone of the series, and giving off heavy Shakespearean tragedy vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I really thought I would be voting for Walking Dead. But Saga did it for me this month. It made the series feel more like a Rick Remender comic, with hammering home the epic tone of the series, and giving off heavy Shakespearean tragedy vibes.
    Wow interesting to hear. The only two comics in my pull this week was TWD and Saga but won't get Saga until the weekend. I thought I'd be voting TWD but if it's an exceptionally good issue then I'm open to change

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Bloodstrike is exactly what i expected from Liefeld. I enjoy his writing, and there are some pages that actually looked really good.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers