Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frogoat View Post
    Looks like the MC2 story in the Secret Wars Spider-Island series will feature Hope. I find it both curious that Marvel Studio's decided to utilize a character's name (seemingly unrelated, albeit) to fill the Wasp shaped hole present in the MCU and vexing that not only does this mean Janet isn't likely to appear in anything more than flashbacks but now explaining who the heck the Red Queen is has become more frustrating. For the record, I appreciate the name drop, Marvel.
    True, buuuuuuut according to the movie spoilers:
    Janet is trapped in quantum space, where 'time has no meaning'--which sets up the possibilty that she could return in the present day still in her forties.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    True, buuuuuuut according to the movie spoilers:
    Janet is trapped in quantum space, where 'time has no meaning'--which sets up the possibilty that she could return in the present day still in her forties.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, it's pretty clear spoilers:
    they're leaving some kind of return open. That's part of the reason we never saw Janet's face. It's a sidenote but it's worth pointing out this was stuff added after Edgar Wright's departure, so for much of the production of the film, Janet would have just been killed off-camera.
    end of spoilers The end result is much better for a founding Avenger. spoilers:
    A potential return would be a kickass scene.
    end of spoilers
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Amazing Member

SPOILERS? I can't read those yet!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty clear spoilers:
    they're leaving some kind of return open. That's part of the reason we never saw Janet's face. It's a sidenote but it's worth pointing out this was stuff added after Edgar Wright's departure, so for much of the production of the film, Janet would have just been killed off-camera.
    end of spoilers The end result is much better for a founding Avenger. spoilers:
    A potential return would be a kickass scene.
    end of spoilers
    They could also make a movie inspired by the story that brought Janet back from the microverse after she "died" in Secret Invasion (or was it Civil War?).

I'm just afraid they won't bring a younger Janet in if they end up thinking that it would create redundancy with her daughter, even if their personality are way different.

Maybe they are trying to duplicate the "stuck out of time" motif present with Captain America. It has worked pretty well for that character.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Looks like Tom Defalco and Ron Frenz DID RECEIVE CREDIT in the Ant-Man movie...

http://www.comicboards.com/php/show....&layout=thread

BANNED

Hope was mentioned in this weeks Axel-in-charge, but no mentioning of the MC-2 Universe.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...over-criticism

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Hope was mentioned in this weeks Axel-in-charge, but no mentioning of the MC-2 Universe.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...over-criticism
    He was talking about the MCU Hope anyway so was he obliged to mention MC2 at all?

"It would be nice if he did," but he's not required to.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    He was talking about the MCU Hope anyway so was he obliged to mention MC2 at all?

"It would be nice if he did," but he's not required to.
    I do wonder how they can pull that off considering their no kid rule and their no marriage rule on some of their heroes.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I do wonder how they can pull that off considering their no kid rule and their no marriage rule on some of their heroes.
    It's their company, their characters and their heroes, and that "rule" can just as easily be changed if it suits them.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

Considering Hope is an existing character in Marvel's 'catalog,' and considering they gave a nod to Tom Defalco and Ron Frenz in the Ant-Man credits, in addition to the fact that Secret Wars provides them a perfect opportunity to have alternate realities intermingle, I don't see why they wouldn't mention the fact that Hope is an already existing character from the MC2 comics. Yes, the film character is seperate from the MC2 character, but it's not like Marvel hasn't altered their characters to closer match their film counterparts before. Also, how exactly would they go about integrating an adult Hope into the mainstream Marvel universe titles otherwise? Not that I think putting MC2 Hope into the MU is a good idea either, it's just the most readily available option.
    Last edited by frogoat; 07-25-2015 at 05:46 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Good thing American Dream appeared in Stern's Captain America Corps and is a playable character in Super Hero Squad Online. Mayday is also in the game in her black suit (as a repaint of Mattie Franklin though).
    Cassie Lang appeared in Avengers Academy and with her Stinger costume to boot.

That's because Cassie has now become Stinger in Earth-616, in the pages of Astonishing Ant-Man. So the game used her old identity Stature for her rank 3 and Stinger for rank 5, albeit both in Stinger's purple colour scheme.

Hope would bring a better connection to the story than Cassie as Cassie is only Hank's daughter while Hope is both Hank's and Janet's. Cassie only became the wasp recently while Hope has been a longer runner in a hank Pym supersuits. She is more familiar and helps create this bond between both parents and thus grants a wonderful side story within. You can't do that with Cassie, especially because Marvel Comics only now just made her the wasp.

I also have suspicion these decisions were done also because Marvel Studios and Marvel Comics don't like eachother very much presently. Maybe Marvel Comics decided to introduce this wasp as a way to challenge MCU? Like most decisions of both parties seems to be them really throwing some shade at eachother in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Hope would bring a better connection to the story than Cassie as Cassie is only Hank's daughter while Hope is both Hank's and Janet's. Cassie only became the wasp recently while Hope has been a longer runner in a hank Pym supersuits. She is more familiar and helps create this bond between both parents and thus grants a wonderful side story within. You can't do that with Cassie, especially because Marvel Comics only now just made her the wasp.

I also have suspicion these decisions were done also because Marvel Studios and Marvel Comics don't like eachother very much presently. Maybe Marvel Comics decided to introduce this wasp as a way to challenge MCU? Like most decisions of both parties seems to be them really throwing some shade at eachother in some way.
    Cassie is Scott Lang's daughter.