Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Now that was an awesome game to watch. These are two teams I fully expect to pull through their respective conference. Obviously, Chicago has a huge experience advantage over Washington, due to winning three Cups in the last six years.

Washington, I see their depth really helping them through the playoffs. They've got a great offensive line-up and their defence is pretty good. Man, I cannot wait for the playoffs to start.

I wonder what will happen tomorrow.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Hawks just beat the best team (point wise) in the NHL and that was without rolling all 4 of their complete lines. Wait until Hossa and Kruger get back and Weise gets his Visa worked out.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Hawks just beat the best team (point wise) in the NHL and that was without rolling all 4 of their complete lines. Wait until Hossa and Kruger get back and Weise gets his Visa worked out.
    I would not be surprised the Hawks won it all this year. They got so many roster players prior to the trade deadline that I think they can fill most of their roster position, in case the injury bug hits them during the playoffs.

I don't know how good they'll be, but man...Dallas Stars adding Kris Russell, on top of already having Oduya and Kingberg? That is also a really solid team. Niemi has been a lot weaker this year than I've seen him, but I'm hoping he finds his groove during the playoffs.

Still love the Washington Capitals and Ovechkin. They had a real shitty game against the Leafs and still came away with the win.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Oilers came to town last night and had their way with my Flyers, shutting them out behind Cam Talbot 4-0. Got to see Connor McDavid for the first time, damn, that kid is FAST!!!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

B's got 4 goals from 4 different players(including Eriksson, who narrowly escaped the trade deadline) to beat the Hawks last night! I really expected to get our asses handed to us, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Oilers came to town last night and had their way with my Flyers, shutting them out behind Cam Talbot 4-0. Got to see Connor McDavid for the first time, damn, that kid is FAST!!!
    The kid is damned fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    B's got 4 goals from 4 different players(including Eriksson, who narrowly escaped the trade deadline) to beat the Hawks last night! I really expected to get our asses handed to us, so that was a pleasant surprise.
    Kind of surprised how the Bruins handled the Hawks, but the Hawks did play back-to-back nights for their game against Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Kind of surprised how the Bruins handled the Hawks, but the Hawks did play back-to-back nights for their game against Boston.
    Yea I know it was a back to back for Chicago. I'm sure that contributed, but i'm still pretty proud of the Bruins.

That kid is going to be a superstar. He's so fast and can create with the puck from anywhere.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Hawks sweep Detroit after dropping a game against the Bruins sandwiched in-between them. Kane only had one shot. ONE SHOT. And it's a goal. LOL

Meanwhile, the Blues just got a gift goal from the refs. They scored when they were CLEARLY off sides but the refs ruled it a good goal. Unbelievable. Not sure what they were watching, but perhaps they need glasses.

The legend of Shayne Gostisbehere, a.k.a. "The Ghost" only grows larger. Last night, the Flyers were being stymied left, right and center by 21-year old Tampa Bay backup goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy (like Gostisbehere, I had to Google his last name, can't spell it without help, so I call him "Vaseline") who was standing on his head and looking like Martin Brodeur for nearly two periods while the Bolts led 1-0. But then, the Ghost stepped up to solve Vaseline with three minutes left in the second, then scored on him a second time in the third, helping the Flyers end Tampa's record nine game winning streak.

The legend of Shayne Gostisbehere, a.k.a. "The Ghost" only grows larger. Last night, the Flyers were being stymied left, right and center by 21-year old Tampa Bay backup goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy (like Gostisbehere, I had to Google his last name, can't spell it without help, so I call him "Vaseline") who was standing on his head and looking like Martin Brodeur for nearly two periods while the Bolts led 1-0. But then, the Ghost stepped up to solve Vaseline with three minutes left in the second, then scored on him a second time in the third, helping the Flyers end Tampa's record nine game winning streak.
    I'm curious...why don't the Flyers just go fully to Neuvirth? He's been playing well, but they are doing this thing where they keep on rotating the goalie to give Mason starts.

The Ghost is especially impressive. He probably hasn't played enough games to be in Calder talks, but he should be. No doubt, the Calder is definitely going to Panarin, unless Eichel makes a really strong, late push, but Gostisbehere is some kind of animal!

It took OT in each game, but the B's won both games in a back to back against Fla. and TB. Nicely done fellas.

I'm curious...why don't the Flyers just go fully to Neuvirth? He's been playing well, but they are doing this thing where they keep on rotating the goalie to give Mason starts.
    The cynic in me would say Mason keeps getting starts because he has the larger contract than Neuvirth. But, if the Flyers make the postseason (far from a done deal), coach Dave Hakstol would have to settle on one or the other.

The Ghost is especially impressive. He probably hasn't played enough games to be in Calder talks, but he should be. No doubt, the Calder is definitely going to Panarin, unless Eichel makes a really strong, late push, but Gostisbehere is some kind of animal!
    Yeah, I know the Ghost doesn't have much of a shot to win ROY, still, he's been a godsend for my squad since his call up. At the risk of spouting needless hyperbole, there hasn't been this much excitement over a Flyers rookie since Eric Lindros hit the ice way back in 1992. That's how good Ghost has been.

The Flyers played a solid game in beating the Lightning 3-1 last night, the first time the Orange and Black have won in Tampa is five years.

The playoff picture is becoming clearer. There is some excitement around the wild card spot. Flyers are doing their hardest to ensure the Detroit Red Wings do not continue their playoff appearance streak. I am happy to see the Flyers winning with what they have, instead of making some rash trade deadline moves to try and get better for a short spurt. I hope they make it.

I would like to see Detroit make it, but at best they would limp in and get eliminated first round. That team needs a little bit of an overhaul. I think it was a good streak while it lasted, but they can't sustain it without some major moves.

I honestly did not think that Colorado would be vying for a playoff spot. It is looking less and less likely, especially since they lost to Minnesota last night.

It's going to be another exciting Stanley Cup playoffs. I can't wait for the post season to start.