Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Let's Talk NHL: 2015 - 2016 Season

It's time to talk NHL!

The Chicago Blackhawks just won the Stanley Cup. Personally, I love that organization. It's awesome to see players like Toews, Kane, Seabrook, Keith, Hossa, Sharp and the rest win another Stanley Cup. Are they a dynasty? In this day and age, that's really tough to pull off. However, they're about as close to being a dynasty as possible.

The Blackhawks do have a tough off-season to contend with. How are they going to retain this roster? With the league cap, the Hawks will have to get rid of some salary. My bet is that they will offload Sharp and maybe even Crawford.

The draft weekend just passed and man, was it full of activity! Connor McDavid goes to Edmonton. Well, who didn't see that coming? Eichel goes to a Buffalo team that just got scary with the addition of Ryan O'Reilly. They already had Evander Kane and a pretty good core for the re-build.

HOLY ****! The Calgary Flames got Dougie Hamilton. With him on the team, the Flames may now have the best defense core in the NHL. Hopefully, they'll add some size to their forward line-up, because...at this point, the way to the Cup seems to be through Anaheim, Chicago and LA.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Lots of activity today during 2015 NHL Free Agent Day. The biggest one, for me, is Phil Kessel going to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh got a decent player, who could have some magic playing alongside Sidney Crosby. The Leafs get rid of a big contract.

Mike Green and Brad Richards goes to Detroit. I love Detroit as an organization, because they are pure class. The Edmonton Oilers shore up some defence. Matt Belesky goes to Boston Bruins, who I thought was in full re-build mode.

At least Bruins fans are saved from pretending to care what happens to their team this year. It is nice to see a team quit on the season before training camp.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    At least Bruins fans are saved from pretending to care what happens to their team this year. It is nice to see a team quit on the season before training camp.
    I dunno. Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci are still a formidable 1-2 punch at centre. Pasternak should be pretty good this year and Marchand can always be counted on to be the best pest+goal-scorer in the league. I think the Bs had an off year and maybe they have a few surprises coming up, now that they got Belesky.

They may surprise this year. I can't recall, but was Dougie Hamilton in danger of becoming an RFA or UFA when the Bruins traded him?

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I dunno. Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci are still a formidable 1-2 punch at centre. Pasternak should be pretty good this year and Marchand can always be counted on to be the best pest+goal-scorer in the league. I think the Bs had an off year and maybe they have a few surprises coming up, now that they got Belesky.

They may surprise this year. I can't recall, but was Dougie Hamilton in danger of becoming an RFA or UFA when the Bruins traded him?
    Not sure, but he didn't sound like he was even a little bit unhappy to be out of Boston.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

As an Oilers fan, I have so many reasons to be happy. I was hoping that Justin Schultz would get a new lease on life with the changes happening in Edmonton. The guy wanted to sign with the Oilers and I was all-too happy to have him play for Edmonton.

The Oilers have been abysmal the last 5 or 6 years, so it's no surprise Schultz did not thrive. I hope with the new salary arbritation works out for both the Oilers and Schultz, cuz I'd love to see him stay with the organization.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

So... what do you guys think of the possibility of the Arizona Coyotes not even being in Arizona this year, due to the serious issues between IceArizona & the Glendale arena.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    So... what do you guys think of the possibility of the Arizona Coyotes not even being in Arizona this year, due to the serious issues between IceArizona & the Glendale arena.
    In all honesty, I have no idea how the Coyotes have managed to keep a franchise in Arizona, given the attendance and lack of TV deals. I'm tempted to say that they won't be in Arizona very long.

Man, the Stars added Sharp and Oduya? I'm not sure how well Oduya will do without the rest of the Chicago's other defensemen (Kieth, Seabrook and Hjalrmasson), but I can only imagine how sweet a Seguin, Sharp and Benn line would be.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It was announced yesterday that my Flyers will have 18 games on national TV this upcoming season. Not bad for a team that missed making the playoffs. Cool!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I would like to see the Flyers do better. A team with that kind of history, it kinda sucks that they cannot seem to get together a good team. I think one of their biggest problems is goal-tending. With all due respect to Mason, I do not think he is the guy to backstop this team to a successful season.

In other news, as much as I hate the team, I think the Vancouver Canucks got the better end of the deal by getting Sutter. He is a much better player than it showed in Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Hamilton Ontario wants a team badly. Hockey is not big in Arizona. That's why you see a lot of visitor fans in the stands. Seattle and Portland would be much better western markets. Maybe Las Vegas. I've been to Arizona once and most people I asked could care less about hockey. I would personally like to see a team in Hamilton.

Prediction time. Anyone want to make a really early pick of which team is winning the Stanley Cup in 2016?

My pick: Calgary Flames.

Man, the Stars added Sharp and Oduya? I'm not sure how well Oduya will do without the rest of the Chicago's other defensemen (Kieth, Seabrook and Hjalrmasson), but I can only imagine how sweet a Seguin, Sharp and Benn line would be.
    Alot of Stars fans I know are just glad to see Daley gone, regardless of who replaces him lol. Pretty good offensive dman, but jeez when you want him to actually defend his brain works at half capacity. Ive never seen another dman knock as many pucks into his own goal or fall on his own goalie as often as Daley. With that venting out of the way, I admit he'll likely thrive under a better overall system in Chicago . He just became a bad fit for the Stars and was essentially replaced by guys like John Klingberg & possibly Julius Honka.

Prediction time. Anyone want to make a really early pick of which team is winning the Stanley Cup in 2016?

My pick: Calgary Flames.
    I like that pick.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The blues continue to be a team that makes the playoffs but can't win the Stanley Cup. It-s like they're the atlanta braves without a title.