Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Not so fast. Caps just tied it up on a 5-3 pp
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

And the Pengs just won it in OT. The score notwithstanding, Holtby played great. They were just peppering him with shot after shot after shot. The Caps spent most of the time in their defensive zone.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Good bye caps Penguins defeat the caps to advance after blowing the lead to the Caps.
    The notorious heartbreak continues for the caps along with the drought of not having advanced past round 2.
    Another bitter end for the amazing Alex Ovechkin of the Caps as still no Stanley Cup.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Props to the Caps who went down fighting last night. I figured that game was over when Pittsburgh went up 3-0 halfway through the second period, but Washington fought back and gave the Pens all they could handle. All in all, a great game.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The Caps/Pens series was tough to watch as a Caps fan. They had great, cohesive moments but just failed to play whole games in such a fashion. Last night's loss was wrenching. They just can't seem to advance passed round 2.
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

Blues need to defeat the Stars in Dallas which is why I am doubting they win game 7. No doubt it'll be a nail biter like most of the games have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Good bye caps Penguins defeat the caps to advance after blowing the lead to the Caps.
    The notorious heartbreak continues for the caps along with the drought of not having advanced past round 2.
    Another bitter end for the amazing Alex Ovechkin of the Caps as still no Stanley Cup.
    The look on Ovie's face said it all. He knew this was their best chance ever to win a Cup and they failed. He looked truly miserable.

Blues need to defeat the Stars in Dallas which is why I am doubting they win game 7. No doubt it'll be a nail biter like most of the games have been.
    No way. I despise the Blues. I'll be rooting for the Stars

Thanks to a beautiful Pearl Jam concert, I very much missed the Caps vs. Pens game.

Alex Ovechkin is my hero. I love his enthusiasm and what he brings to the game. However, you could tell that he really composed himself a lot this season, because it seems he finally got "serious" about winning the big games. I didn't get a chance to watch the game, but I can only imagine how much it must have sucked to be eliminated. This is one of the best teams I can think of that a GM has put together. The Caps had amazing talent, some key role players, pretty good defence and a stellar goaltender. It may change for the better in the future, but I'm sure Ovi, Backstrom, Carlson and Holtby must be wondering to themselves: "If we couldn't get it done with this group, then how the hell are we going to win it all?"

I will be cheering them on again next year!

It took them the whole 7 games, but St. Louis finally managed to do what they should have. That being, they beat the Dallas Stars.

At this point, I am not sure what will happen between Nashville and San Jose. My bet would be on the Sharks, but man have the Predators really given this team a run for their money.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

And then there were four.

San Jose demolishes Nashville to move onto the semi-finals. I am very happy to see Pavelski captain this team to contender status.

Damn. I did not expect the Blues to win this game. San Jose played a pretty strong road game. Weak goal on Martin Jones, but he'll bounce back.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

No word on if Tampa Bay goalie Ben Bishop will play tonight after that leg injury he suffered in game one this past Friday.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

What a statement rebound win by the Sharks 4-0 shutout win on the road. A utterely impressive win to rebound after a game 1 horrid heartbreak 2-1.

Sharks are a valiant talented resilient team, and I won't be shocked if they win the series.

What a statement rebound win by the Sharks 4-0 shutout win on the road. A utterely impressive win to rebound after a game 1 horrid heartbreak 2-1.

Sharks are a valiant talented resilient team, and I won't be shocked if they win the series.
    I've been saying it for a while, but St. Louis really lacks that killer instinct. Throughout almost every single game and series they've faced thus far, it looked like they had almost zero lack of conviction to shut things down and finish a game. They always look like they'll let a game get away when they should win.

I also think the Sharks are winning this series.

Pulling for the Sharks and the Penguins in their respective conference finals.

San Jose looked very good in their possibly series-turning game 2.