Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    3 on 3 was pretty wild in that Flyers game! I like the idea, we'll see how it goes. Hopefully it leads to more wins than ties. I definitely prefer it to the shoot out. I was not a fan of the shoot out, personally.
    Same here. I absolutely love the new format. 3 on 3 makes it so exciting because everyone has to be so dead on with their passes and it will mean less shootouts.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Can't believe I didn't start this thread. Anyhow, my beloved Blackhawks won the Cup this past summer, and I'm betting they win it again next summer. Yes, we lost some talent (Saad, Oduya) but we also added a LOT of talent in Panirin, Anisimov and Dano.

We're still thin at the bottom of our defensemen, but with guys like Seabs, Duncs and Jelly at the top, we can't complain too much.

Solid goal tending again from Crow and Darling will help us win another Cup in 2016! Go Hawks!!
    **** YEAH, GO HAWKS! Love the Hawks. Every time they win the Cup, something drastic has to happen. I'm trying to think of a team that's shed quality players like Byfuglien, Ladd, Bolland, Niemi, and on and on it goes and still remain competitive. Sweet mother of Ghandi, they didn't even start increasing ticket prices until after they won their second Stanley Cup in 4 years. I live near Toronto and they jack up ticket prices even when the Leafs suck!

Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings = CLASSY organizations.

The Kings are done. They're old and slow and you can't be slow in the West and win. They won't even make the playoffs again this year.
    Too bad, really cuz I think they've got such great players like Kopitar, Pearson, Carter, Doughty and Quick!

LOL, yep. 0-3 to start the season right?
    Another organization where I love quite a few players. Hell, if they do start taking the team apart, I look forward to a contender landing Patrice Bergeron.

If they got rid of some of the goons on their team and actually tried to score goals instead of laying the big hits on players they might win.
    I dunno, man. They play in the West. In the West, it seems like you gotta hit hard and skate fast. Somehow Chicago doesn't get bullied, but you can see teams like Winnipeg, Anaheim and LA trying to be big and mobile. Makes sense for St. Louis to try and stay heavy.

Everyone keeps talking about Eichel and McDavid, but Panarin is extremely talented and is going to put up huge numbers playing on the 2nd line with Kaner and Anisimov.
    Seriously, where does Chicago find these guys? I could not believe the speed of Saad until he started taking off on breakaways. I guess it's easy to say that Toews and Kane were no brainer, but you gotta hand it to a team that can draft the likes of Keith, Seabrook, Saad, Shaw, and my favourite underrated defenceman - Niklas Hjalmarsson. Workhorse defenseman!

Keep posting, DK1047. Love the number of posts!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    **** YEAH, GO HAWKS! Love the Hawks. Every time they win the Cup, something drastic has to happen. I'm trying to think of a team that's shed quality players like Byfuglien, Ladd, Bolland, Niemi, and on and on it goes and still remain competitive. Sweet mother of Ghandi, they didn't even start increasing ticket prices until after they won their second Stanley Cup in 4 years. I live near Toronto and they jack up ticket prices even when the Leafs suck!

Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings = CLASSY organizations.
    That's one of the things (there are so many) that make the Hawks org so classy. They're a winning team every year and have won 3 Cups in 6 years and if any team had the right to jack up their ticket prices, it would be them. But instead, they're very affordable and me and my wife go to games and only spend about $150-200 for a game (both seats and including parking and everything). And you have an absolute BLAST at a Hawks games. Worth every penny.

I dunno, man. They play in the West. In the West, it seems like you gotta hit hard and skate fast. Somehow Chicago doesn't get bullied, but you can see teams like Winnipeg, Anaheim and LA trying to be big and mobile. Makes sense for St. Louis to try and stay heavy.
    They're big, but outside of Tarasenko and a couple of others they're not capable of playing with speedy teams like the Hawks, Ducks, Jets, Wild, etc.

And when they realize it during a playoff series, they resort to trying to being goons. It's no wonder they can't get to a Finals, let alone win a Cup.

Seriously, where does Chicago find these guys? I could not believe the speed of Saad until he started taking off on breakaways. I guess it's easy to say that Toews and Kane were no brainer, but you gotta hand it to a team that can draft the likes of Keith, Seabrook, Saad, Shaw, and my favourite underrated defenceman - Niklas Hjalmarsson. Workhorse defenseman!
    Jelly is so underrated it's not even funny. He's overlooked because of Duncs. Credit StanBo for finding guys like Panarin as FA's and making trades for Dano and Anisimov. He's really unbelievable when it comes to identifying talent.

Keep posting, DK1047. Love the number of posts!
    Thanks Arf, you too
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, the champs are in Philly to play my Flyers tonight. Should be a great game.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I knew the Kings were going to struggle this year but they're giving up 4 goals a game, Quick has looked like hot garbage and they're 0-3. Wow

Anyone see the Blues' Reaves elbow Bouma in the head last night? Same old Blues

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, the champs are in Philly to play my Flyers tonight. Should be a great game.
    HAHA. You must be pretty happy, WPP! Not only did the Flyers win, they shut out the defending champs!

I knew the Kings were going to struggle this year but they're giving up 4 goals a game, Quick has looked like hot garbage and they're 0-3. Wow
    That's like trademark Kings, though. I didn't think they'd be struggling this bad, but they usually have a so-so regular season, but man does this team turn it up in the playoffs. Only when they make it, though.

Anyone see the Blues' Reaves elbow Bouma in the head last night? Same old Blues
    No, missed it. Hockey really needs to make a push to get rid of cheap-shot artists, like Raffi Torres.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

HAHA. You must be pretty happy, WPP! Not only did the Flyers win, they shut out the defending champs!
    Yep! I'm most happy! Michael Neuvirth was a boss in net again last night!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Back to Back shut outs!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yep! I'm most happy! Michael Neuvirth was a boss in net again last night!
    Hawks played terrible, but he was good.

Hard to believe that the Pengs are 4 games into the season and Crosby doesn't have one point yet. If they're going to have any hopes of winning this year, they need him to play at his elite level, not like this.

Jagr has 4 goals already this year. Him and Lemieux are the ones back in the early 90's that got me interested in hockey. I used to watch SportsCenter and see these guy's highlights and just being amazed at what they could do. I started watching hockey because of them. 25 years later and Jagr is still playing. And playing very well. Unbelievable. I hope Hossa can play as long as Jagr has.

Hard to believe that the Pengs are 4 games into the season and Crosby doesn't have one point yet. If they're going to have any hopes of winning this year, they need him to play at his elite level, not like this.
    HAHA. Some guy posted an image of Niemi and made a meme saying how he has more points than Crosby 3 games into the season. I thought that was pretty funny.

Jagr has 4 goals already this year. Him and Lemieux are the ones back in the early 90's that got me interested in hockey. I used to watch SportsCenter and see these guy's highlights and just being amazed at what they could do. I started watching hockey because of them. 25 years later and Jagr is still playing. And playing very well. Unbelievable. I hope Hossa can play as long as Jagr has.
    Oddly enough, the first NHL game I ever watched was the 1991-1992 Stanley Cup finals between Chicago and Pittsburgh. Lemieux and Jagr were both playing at the time. Lemieux made that UNbelievable goal against Ed Belfour, my favourite goaltender of all time, where he banked a puck from behind the net in between the post and the curve behind the knee of Belfour's leg...and of course, when the last game of the series was about to happen, Mike Keenan pulls Ed Belfour and inserts: Dominik Hasek!

So many memories.

And yeah, it's amazing that Jagr's still playing and playing so well. In his youth, he was easily the most skilled player that was playing in the NHL. An argument could be made that Alexei Kovalev was more talented, but man that guy's work ethics sucked and he was inconsistent.

HAHA. Some guy posted an image of Niemi and made a meme saying how he has more points than Crosby 3 games into the season. I thought that was pretty funny.
    So does Price LOL

Rookie points so far this season: Panarin 7, Eichel 2, McDavid 1

I know it's early, but I'm telling everyone, look out for Panarin. This kid has special skills and plays on the same line as Kane and Anisimov. He's going to score a lot of points.