Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    That Stars vs. Penguins game turned out to be quite the dud.
    The Pengs are top heavy and don't have many scoring threats on their bottom six. If you can roll a top two line that plays both ways against them, they're not going to score much. It's why Crosby isn't racking up points like he usually does.

I don't know what's wrong with the Penguins, but they can't score worth a crap. The Stars, on the other hand, look like they are cruising.
    They added more talent to an already very talented team. The Stars could really go far this year. I picked them last year to be my sleeper team. They didn't do as well as I though they would. This year they will. Just way too much talent on that team.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    The Pengs are top heavy and don't have many scoring threats on their bottom six. If you can roll a top two line that plays both ways against them, they're not going to score much. It's why Crosby isn't racking up points like he usually does.

They added more talent to an already very talented team. The Stars could really go far this year. I picked them last year to be my sleeper team. They didn't do as well as I though they would. This year they will. Just way too much talent on that team.
    I still don't get the Penguins. Yes, you can say that teams will have a way to stop the Crosby-Malkin-Kessel-Hornqvist-Kunitz-Perron first two lines. Any way you juggle those top two lines, that's a lot of fire power. However, they replaced Brandon Sutter with Nick Bonino and Bonino is a reliable scorer. Nothing so far, but the guy is a capable third-line centre. I suppose they miss a guy like Eric Fehr, but I don't get why they are doing this badly. They just look lifeless.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Hawks beat the Lightning in a Finals rematch and shut them out with a win in OT. Tazer with the goal.

The Ducks got shutout again tonight and are now 1-5-1 on the season. Hahahaahahaha! I love it!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Flyers won a second shootout last night, this one over the Rangers. WHOO!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Hawks beat the Lightning in a Finals rematch and shut them out with a win in OT. Tazer with the goal.

The Ducks got shutout again tonight and are now 1-5-1 on the season. Hahahaahahaha! I love it!
    That goal by Toews, though. Are you kidding me? Saw Panarin make some moves during the game and this kid is SKILLED!

There are some changes coming for Anaheim. You can't be this bad at the beginning of the season with as much going for yourself and not have changes happen.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Flyers won a second shootout last night, this one over the Rangers. WHOO!
    Claude Giroux's got some sick hands on him.

Captain Serious? Captain Clutch! WOW! This Chicago team continues to impress.

Captain Serious? Captain Clutch! WOW! This Chicago team continues to impress.
    YEAH BABY!! After back to back shutouts, the Hawks are now just 1 point from first place. Everyone thought doom and gloom on the Hawks when Duncs went down, but the young d-men are playing very well and Crow is playing out of his mind.

So happy to see my Edmonton Oilers making a comeback with 4 straight goals to win the game against Montreal Canadiens.

Also, how low will things get for the Anaheim Ducks? That collapse against Dallas and the loss against St. Louis tonight, with THAT goal as the winning one? WOW. It's getting pretty sad.

So happy to see my Edmonton Oilers making a comeback with 4 straight goals to win the game against Montreal Canadiens.

Also, how low will things get for the Anaheim Ducks? That collapse against Dallas and the loss against St. Louis tonight, with THAT goal as the winning one? WOW. It's getting pretty sad.
    Bruce Boudreau would be wise not to sign a long term housing lease or buy any green bananas, because he might not be in Anaheim for very much longer.

Meanwhile, as sure as the sun sets in the west and Kim Kardashian prostitutes herself in front of a camera, my Flyers find a way to lose to New Jersey. Even with Martin Broduer in retirement, Philly's offense is put to sleep yet again by the Devils in a 4-1 loss last night. Urgh!

Bruce Boudreau would be wise not to sign a long term housing lease or buy any green bananas, because he might not be in Anaheim for very much longer.

Meanwhile, as sure as the sun sets in the west and Kim Kardashian prostitutes herself in front of a camera, my Flyers find a way to lose to New Jersey. Even with Martin Broduer in retirement, Philly's offense is put to sleep yet again by the Devils in a 4-1 loss last night. Urgh!
    That's a tough break, man. There are a few teams in the NHL I can't stand to watch play. Nashville Predators, Arizona Coyotes, Vancouver Canucks and New Jersey Devils. The Devils have this perception of being a really boring team to watch play a game. They probably aren't, but years and years of trap-play hockey where the goals were hard to come by has basically instilled in me the thought that New Jersey Devils can't be anything but boring.

To watch any teams take a loss against New Jersey is tough.

Can't believe that goal with 8 seconds left by Calgary.

That's a tough break, man. There are a few teams in the NHL I can't stand to watch play. Nashville Predators, Arizona Coyotes, Vancouver Canucks and New Jersey Devils. The Devils have this perception of being a really boring team to watch play a game. They probably aren't, but years and years of trap-play hockey where the goals were hard to come by has basically instilled in me the thought that New Jersey Devils can't be anything but boring.

To watch any teams take a loss against New Jersey is tough.
    Yeah, it's certainly no fun. Then the Flyers played in Buffalo the following night and lost 3-1 to the Sabres. Urgh!

Yeah, it's certainly no fun. Then the Flyers played in Buffalo the following night and lost 3-1 to the Sabres. Urgh!
    Lost to Vancouver last night, IIRC.

Right now, Washington is losing to the Rangers 4-2. Crap.

Stupid Boston. Seguin led the Stars to a win with a hat trick against his former team and now has 8 goals on the season. Think Boston would like to undue that trade? I told Bruins fans when Seguin was traded that it was one of the dumbest trades they will ever make. Those fans said they'd be okay without him, blah, blah, blah. Guess what? They're not okay without him and I bet they wish they had him back.

As much as I wanted the Stars to lose last night (I'm a Hawks fan), it was kind of fun to see Seguin stick it to his old team. They got what they deserve. You don't trade away a young, extremely talented player like that unless you HAVE to (like Saad).

And even then, you better get a lot back in return for the player. What they did get for Seguin was a steaming hot pile of garbage. Thanks Boston. You helped turn the Stars into one of the most talented teams in the league.

Man, McDavid broke his collarbone last night. Looks like he'll be out for a long time, probably 3 months. If I was the Oilers, I wouldn't hurry him back. He's going to be a superstar and the face of their team for years. And they're not going anywhere anyway.

Blues were shut out last night by a backup goalie. HAHAHA!

Lightning continue to struggle. That's baffling.

The Flyers are so inconsistent. One night they look great, the next they look like terrible.

What's up with the Flames? Some "experts" were picking them as a dark horse team to make some noise in the playoffs this year. I didn't agree, but I also didn't think they would be this bad.