Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Stupid Boston. Seguin led the Stars to a win with a hat trick against his former team and now has 8 goals on the season. Think Boston would like to undue that trade? I told Bruins fans when Seguin was traded that it was one of the dumbest trades they will ever make. Those fans said they'd be okay without him, blah, blah, blah. Guess what? They're not okay without him and I bet they wish they had him back.

As much as I wanted the Stars to lose last night (I'm a Hawks fan), it was kind of fun to see Seguin stick it to his old team. They got what they deserve. You don't trade away a young, extremely talented player like that unless you HAVE to (like Saad).

And even then, you better get a lot back in return for the player. What they did get for Seguin was a steaming hot pile of garbage. Thanks Boston. You helped turn the Stars into one of the most talented teams in the league.
    I hate to say it, but I saw logic in the Bruins move. Now, make no mistake, I didn't like it. I think Tyler Seguin is such a great player and I knew he'd be awesome in the league after that first year with Boston. However, the Bruins had Bergeron and Krejci at centre and would likely have to pay Seguin $5+ million per season to basically be a third-line centre. Basically, Boston was in an "embarrassment of riches" type situation at centre. Frankly, I'm not a Dallas Stars fan, but man their team is stacked with talent.

Man, McDavid broke his collarbone last night. Looks like he'll be out for a long time, probably 3 months. If I was the Oilers, I wouldn't hurry him back. He's going to be a superstar and the face of their team for years. And they're not going anywhere anyway.
    **** **** **** **** FUUUCK! That's all I gotta say! My team is the Edmonton Oilers. I've been a fan of this team since 1997.

Now, I think McDavid has been a great addition and I absolutely hate the fact that he got injured. However, I am very confident with the management of this team. I thikn McLellan is an underrated coach and I like Chiarelli (who, oddly enough, was the guy who traded away Seguin ) as a GM. I think the Oilers will do OK without McDavid.

Blues were shut out last night by a backup goalie. HAHAHA!

Lightning continue to struggle. That's baffling.

The Flyers are so inconsistent. One night they look great, the next they look like terrible.

What's up with the Flames? Some "experts" were picking them as a dark horse team to make some noise in the playoffs this year. I didn't agree, but I also didn't think they would be this bad.
    I picked the Flames as the Cup winner this year, given the acquisition of Hamilton and what they did last season. I am also baffled by some of the teams struggling (Ducks, Flames, Lightnings...WTF?)
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Damn. It's only the end of the first period and it's already 5-2 Chicago? Gotta love the Blackhawks.

How? HOW? How the heck did St. Louis win 6-5?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Damn. It's only the end of the first period and it's already 5-2 Chicago? Gotta love the Blackhawks.
    This was me after the first period last night grinning ear to ear.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

How? HOW? How the heck did St. Louis win 6-5?
    And this was me last night after I nearly broke my tv.

They came out in the 2nd period and were totally flat. It's like they expected the Blues to just give up and roll over for a loss. You just CAN'T play like that. Instead of gaining 2 points on the Blues, we end up losing one. Ugh!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

At fanaticsI have 2 blackhawks clothes items on my christmas list.

Windy city celebration Blackhawks t shirt lists roster on back of the 2015 team that won the Stanley Cup.
    Also a blackhawks vneck windbreaker. Looks kickass jacket can be worn as a jacket or at the house, restaurants, etc.

And this was me last night after I nearly broke my tv.

They came out in the 2nd period and were totally flat. It's like they expected the Blues to just give up and roll over for a loss. You just CAN'T play like that. Instead of gaining 2 points on the Blues, we end up losing one. Ugh!
    They're frikkin' losing 4-0 to New Jersey right now. WTF?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    At fanaticsI have 2 blackhawks clothes items on my christmas list.

Windy city celebration Blackhawks t shirt lists roster on back of the 2015 team that won the Stanley Cup.
    Also a blackhawks vneck windbreaker. Looks kickass jacket can be worn as a jacket or at the house, restaurants, etc.
    I should get a Toews or Kane...ANYthing before the year is done

They're frikkin' losing 4-0 to New Jersey right now. WTF?!?

I should get a Toews or Kane...ANYthing before the year is done
    As in a jersey?

Typical blues look great in the regular season then choke in the playoffs.

As in a jersey?

Typical blues look great in the regular season then choke in the playoffs.
    Them and San Jose

Despite that, I really like San Jose. I like everything about that team, with the exception of Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Guess who's leading the NHL in shutouts? That would be Michal Neuvirth of my Flyers who notched his third of the young season in a 3-0 win over Winnipeg last night.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

No credible evidence against Patrick Kane in the case of sexual assault. It's logical that this could be a false accusation which would explain why a friend of the alleged victim decided not to testify as filing a false report plus commiting perjury are serious offenses.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

No credible evidence against Patrick Kane in the case of sexual assault. It's logical that this could be a false accusation which would explain why a friend of the alleged victim decided not to testify as filing a false report plus commiting perjury are serious offenses.
    Sadly, Kane's reputation has been dragged through the mud, and even though the case against him collapsed like a house of cards, in the court of public opinion, he's a cretin who'll catch hell from fans in every city the Blackhawks play in, and that's unfortunate.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Guess who's leading the NHL in shutouts? That would be Michal Neuvirth of my Flyers who notched his third of the young season in a 3-0 win over Winnipeg last night.
    Someone mentioned a while back that Neuvirth would slowly take the starting goalie role away from Steve Mason. Seems like that's what is happening. Hope he's consistent. That's definitely one thing the Flyers need.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Sadly, Kane's reputation has been dragged through the mud, and even though the case against him collapsed like a house of cards, in the court of public opinion, he's a cretin who'll catch hell from fans in every city the Blackhawks play in, and that's unfortunate.
    Yep. That's the sad part. There is no real finality to this. Both the accuser and the accused look shady. People will be asking why Patrick Kane was targeted by this girl? People will wonder what led to the dismissal of the case, in the end. Too many questions are left unanswered. IMO, the accuser looks bad because of all these circumstances that led to the dismissal.

Someone mentioned a while back that Neuvirth would slowly take the starting goalie role away from Steve Mason. Seems like that's what is happening. Hope he's consistent. That's definitely one thing the Flyers need.

Yep. That's the sad part. There is no real finality to this. Both the accuser and the accused look shady. People will be asking why Patrick Kane was targeted by this girl? People will wonder what led to the dismissal of the case, in the end. Too many questions are left unanswered. IMO, the accuser looks bad because of all these circumstances that led to the dismissal.
    That is the sad reality of life sometimes you dont get a resolution along with all questions answered.

Realist in me says accuser won't apologize since she would have to lose more face with how she screwed up.
    Optimist in me says she'll feel large remorse and apologoze for her awful trangression.

There are things that even if false have forever consequences often times it's rumors, accusationd or something else communicated with the mouth as some persons refuse to forget it. It's like a tattoo you can't remove.

In better news its a new season maybe the capitals can finally prosper in the playoffs.

Blackhawks beat an Oilers team last night sans McDavid, but a win is a win.

Kane notched his 10th goal of the season, had 2 assists and is now tied for the league in goals with Benn, 2nd in assists, and tied for the league lead in points (23) with Seguin. He's also tied for the league lead in plus/minus with +11.

Panarin scored 2 goals last night as well and now leads the league in assists with 11 and leads in points with 15.

The Blackhawks could very well end up with the Hart Trophy and Calder award winners.