Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Is iceman gay ?

BANNED

Default Is iceman gay ?

Ok I was looking up heroes on marvel database and there is a section for bi and gay heroes. Anyway iceman from earth-trn240 is gay "Recently, he was outed as gay (by Jean) , whether or not this means his future counterpart is also gay has yet to be revealed." Oh and Hercules from earth-616 is on the bi list

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Yes and yes.

BANNED

He is not gay, he is extra gay.

He also seemed like a happy guy. Is that what you mean?

We don't actually know with 616 Bobby, but apparently Teen Iceman is. We'd know more on what's going on with that but Marvel decided to delay Uncanny 600 til October because of reasons. People are pretty much jumping the gun without knowing all the details thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    He also seemed like a happy guy. Is that what you mean?
    Happy and colorful. ;3

BANNED

I get the feeling that 616 Bobby will remain straight while they'll explore 05 Iceman's sexuality in whatever book he ends up.

iMan 42s

O5 ice man is (maybe) but it isn't specified whether the 616 version is. It also wasn't clear where the 5 came from considering how time travel is supposed to work so it really isn't clear if this affects adult ice man at all.

Also given the way people develop over time it also makes it unclear if the adult one is if the younger is. Considering how weird the 5 are and how they haven't really effected the timeline it's kind of unknown. Adult Bobby may have had thoughts that never came to fruition because the younger one essentially had it forced out of him by Jean. Bobby just may have had the liking for both anyone ever consider that? Thing is that those pages didn't really go into detail. It was pretty much "your gay" and it was done so it's kind of vague considering adult Bobby.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    I get the feeling that 616 Bobby will remain straight while they'll explore 05 Iceman's sexuality in whatever book he ends up.
    I'd say the best case scenario at this point is to make present day Bobby bi as to maintain legitimacy of his history.

I think that Adult Iceman is bi.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I think that Adult Iceman is bi.
    That's the best case scenario. And since that's the case we all know Marvel's not gonna go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kid_omega_prime View Post
    Oh and Hercules from earth-616 is on the bi list
    Makes sense. He's from ancient Greece.

Also didn't you have this same topic on comicvine?

We'll find out whenever Uncanny X-Men 600 actually releases.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kid_omega_prime View Post
    Ok I was looking up heroes on marvel database and there is a section for bi and gay heroes. Anyway iceman from earth-trn240 is gay "Recently, he was outed as gay (by Jean) , whether or not this means his future counterpart is also gay has yet to be revealed." Oh and Hercules from earth-616 is on the bi list
    I don't get how they can be insisting the Teen!O5 come from Earth-TRN240 when it was established they do indeed come from the past of Earth-616m and Hank broke reality to do it. And I mean they go out of their way to confirm that "Yes, these are NOT Alternate Universe versions of the O5."

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I don't get how they can be insisting the Teen!O5 come from Earth-TRN240 when it was established they do indeed come from the past of Earth-616m and Hank broke reality to do it. And I mean they go out of their way to confirm that "Yes, these are NOT Alternate Universe versions of the O5."
    How did it work?

I've got visions that having got to present day, Jean read a few papers to bring herself up to date. Then a little heart to heart talk with Jean to Bobby:-

Jean "Great news, you can be true to yourself now."
    Bobby: "You mean I can admit to preferring Coke in spite of the Pepsi sponsorship".
    Jean: "No...Bobby...we all know you've had these hidden urges..."

Whole issue devoted to it, I suppose? Or perhaps not...unless writer was a genius, never knock out an whole issue without falling foul of the politically correct brigade.