Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: Is iceman gay ?

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    You don't? That collage idea says otherwise
    Nice one, Kieran.

And I've said it once, I'll say it again; it's Marvel comics, not Fox News. They are not going to do a story where young Iceman is going through a gay phase and adult Iceman is a normal breeder. Adult Iceman will be gay post-Secret Wars unless Marvel wants to be wildly offensive to the gay community.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 08-30-2015 at 04:20 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    You don't? That collage idea says otherwise
    1. I want to create a collage of his former girlfriends -- not Bobby with them in particular.
    2. You asked "Who will get a boyfriend first -- adult Bobby or 05 Bobby?"... I don't care either way...

Ask me anything (within reason) about Jean, Rachel or any number of female X-Characters -- I simply don't put much thought or stock into Iceman outside of him being an active X-Man.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 08-30-2015 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Typo correction(s).

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Nice one, Kieran.

And I've said it once, I'll say it again; it's Marvel comics, not Fox News. They are not going to do a story where young Iceman is going through a gay phase and adult Iceman is a normal breeder. Adult Iceman will be gay post-Secret Wars unless Marvel wants to be wildly offensive to the gay community.
    Agreed. Even with the poor handling of Axel bierasing Herc; they are not silly enough to NOT out adult Bobby.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Your sure have a lot of faith in Marvel's editorial department Kieran_Frost -- especially when they allowed Magneto to be beheaded -- only to have him nonsensically reappear enjoying a Szechuan chicken dinner with Osama Bin Laden somewhere South East Asian.

"NRAMA: Gotcha. Moving to other topics... t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶ ̶s̶a̶w̶ ̶B̶r̶i̶a̶n̶ ̶B̶e̶n̶d̶i̶s̶ ̶(̶h̶o̶p̶e̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶)̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶l̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶X̶o̶r̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶N̶e̶w̶ ̶A̶v̶e̶n̶g̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶#̶2̶0̶. Okay – honestly now – can you explain to us what he was/is? And Magneto has powers again? Depowered isn’t depowered, is it?

JQ: Kuan-Yen Xorn and Shen Xorn were twin brothers from China, both mutants, one with the power of a star in his head, one the power of a black hole. Kuan-Yen Xorn came under the influence of as-yet-to-be-revealed entity that forced him to assume the identity of Magneto, battle the X-Men and destroy Manhattan. He was subsequently killed by Wolverine near the end of that battle, in the Planet X storyline.

Soon thereafter, his twin brother Shen surfaced and briefly joined the X-Men. This Xorn brother was de-powered during M-Day.

Because Xorn's powers were psychokinetic, and his personality was so strong, it basically remained an almost disembodied sentient thing among the big ball of mutant energy. When that energy got sucked down to Earth by Michael and all absorbed by him, Xorn was the dominant personality in the mix, and that's what drove him towards Genosha and Magneto.

NRAMA: You make it all sound so…simple…"

But, if Magneto wasn't Kuan-Yen Xorn -- then whose head did Wolverine cut off?

Last edited by ZNOP; 08-31-2015 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Pic(s) added.