Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Is iceman gay ?

The correct answer to this question is yes, Iceman is homosexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I don't get how they can be insisting the Teen!O5 come from Earth-TRN240 when it was established they do indeed come from the past of Earth-616m and Hank broke reality to do it. And I mean they go out of their way to confirm that "Yes, these are NOT Alternate Universe versions of the O5."
    Bendis seems to be trying to have his cake and eat it too with that one. He'll have a case of Cyclops dying affecting the present yet somehow Angel, Bobby and Cyclops can be changed by the Black Vortex (yes I know Bobby and Scott gave it up but they were warned there are permanent consequences) which should have effects on the present but haven't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Bendis seems to be trying to have his cake and eat it too with that one. He'll have a case of Cyclops dying affecting the present yet somehow Angel, Bobby and Cyclops can be changed by the Black Vortex (yes I know Bobby and Scott gave it up but they were warned there are permanent consequences) which should have effects on the present but haven't.
    Frankly, Bendis seems to be obsessed with destroying the Marvel Universe rules on time travel. Exhibit B: Eva "The Walking Paradox" Bell. I mean seriously, a mutant whose ENTIRE POWER SET allows her to violate Marvel's time travel laws on a whim by altering her own reality's history?

Great, now I've got myself imagining Bendis as Professor Farnsworth screaming, "Choke on that, causality!" Someone needs to make a meme of that.

Hercules being bi has a historical basis. As is Loki being gender-fluid. They're gods. They fuck everything. Literally.

Frankly, Bendis seems to be obsessed with destroying the Marvel Universe rules on time travel. Exhibit B: Eva "The Walking Paradox" Bell. I mean seriously, a mutant whose ENTIRE POWER SET allows her to violate Marvel's time travel laws on a whim by altering her own reality's history?

Great, now I've got myself imagining Bendis as Professor Farnsworth screaming, "Choke on that, causality!" Someone needs to make a meme of that.
    Wait...wasn't time space already destroyed when Beast went back? Or do Doomlock's introduce Retcons?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Hercules being bi has a historical basis. As is Loki being gender-fluid. They're gods. They fuck everything. Literally.
    Does that mean Thor is/coul be bi?

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Wait...wasn't time space already destroyed when Beast went back? Or do Doomlock's introduce Retcons?
    Time was destroyed by Wolverine in Age of Ultron (another book written by Bendis mind you). Bendis has some weird obsession with time since Marvel Now.

Fantastic Member

I don't get how they can be insisting the Teen!O5 come from Earth-TRN240 when it was established they do indeed come from the past of Earth-616m and Hank broke reality to do it. And I mean they go out of their way to confirm that "Yes, these are NOT Alternate Universe versions of the O5."
    Yes I don't get it either. It's been confirmed in and out of the books that they're indeed from 616 past. Of course, that doesn't mean it cannot/won't be retconned in the future if Marvel wants it that way.
    Last edited by SerCo; 06-27-2015 at 11:30 PM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SerCo View Post
    Does that mean Thor is/coul be bi?
    Thor very well might be bi, I'm pretty sure Loki told Prodigy that all Asgardians are bi (although not in those exact words). But if Marvel ever showed 616 Thor Odinson being attracted to another man the internet would explode in a massive burst of homophobic outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Thor very well might be bi, I'm pretty sure Loki told Prodigy that all Asgardians are bi (although not in those exact words). But if Marvel ever showed 616 Thor Odinson being attracted to another man the internet would explode in a massive burst of homophobic outrage.
    I don't know how to read Thor and Hercules fights as anything more than very manly foreplay.

In all seriousness though, I think Loki means it doesn't matter. Asgardian gods are much less into boning everything in sight than the Greek ones though, at least according to their stories. Zeus can impregnate women as a shaft of light (hue hue), or as a swan, I've never really heard of the Asgardians being quite as extreme with their boning. Except Loki.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Back on the subject of Iceman I'm really worried about how they're going to handle this whole thing. I have a few different scenarios in mind.

1- They have it so that the O5 are from a different reality, which would be a cop-out and wouldn't make sense given that O5 Cyke almost dying almost erased adult Cyke.
    2- They reveal that adult Iceman has been a great big closet-case this whole time. This is actually what I'm hoping for.
    3- They go with some well-intentioned but horribly mishandled story about sexuality being "fluid" or "complicated" or whatever and have adult Iceman be bi or even straight while O5 iceman is gay. This is my worst-case scenario and would seriously make me consider never buying a Marvel comic again.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Back on the subject of Iceman I'm really worried about how they're going to handle this whole thing. I have a few different scenarios in mind.

1- They have it so that the O5 are from a different reality, which would be a cop-out and wouldn't make sense given that O5 Cyke almost dying almost erased adult Cyke.
    2- They reveal that adult Iceman has been a great big closet-case this whole time. This is actually what I'm hoping for.
    3- They go with some well-intentioned but horribly mishandled story about sexuality being "fluid" or "complicated" or whatever and have adult Iceman be bi or even straight while O5 iceman is gay. This is my worst-case scenario and would seriously make me consider never buying a Marvel comic again.
    Honestly I find that case 2 would be the worst case scenario, especially given how they keep saying it's still the same Bobby as he's always been because that changes a lot about him. Before, his case of underachieving compared to the others because of being lazy and the everyman of the O5, something anyone can relate to whereas if he's a closet case, his entire situation changes to being caused by him being repressed from being in the closet, something much less can relate to.

That aside, as I stated above, option 1 becomes less of a cop-out considering that Bendis has been inconsistent on things happening to the O5 having an effect on the present version or the present period.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Bendisverse Iceman is homosexual.
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by kid_omega_prime View Post
    Oh and Hercules from earth-616 is on the bi list
    ...Why does that make you sad? Hercules has always been a bisexual character in the original Greek stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly I find that case 2 would be the worst case scenario, especially given how they keep saying it's still the same Bobby as he's always been because that changes a lot about him. Before, his case of underachieving compared to the others because of being lazy and the everyman of the O5, something anyone can relate to whereas if he's a closet case, his entire situation changes to being caused by him being repressed from being in the closet, something much less can relate to.

That aside, as I stated above, option 1 becomes less of a cop-out considering that Bendis has been inconsistent on things happening to the O5 having an effect on the present version or the present period.
    Iceman's underachieving was never because he was lazy. His problems always stemmed from insecurity. And that is not changed by the fact that he's gay. It might be a contributing factor, but at his core he'll still have that insecurity.
    If your take away from Iceman in comics before was that he was lazy, then you haven't been reading him correctly.