Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Is iceman gay ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Frankly, Bendis seems to be obsessed with destroying the Marvel Universe rules on time travel. Exhibit B: Eva "The Walking Paradox" Bell. I mean seriously, a mutant whose ENTIRE POWER SET allows her to violate Marvel's time travel laws on a whim by altering her own reality's history?

Great, now I've got myself imagining Bendis as Professor Farnsworth screaming, "Choke on that, causality!" Someone needs to make a meme of that.
    Bendis' grande designs seldom (if ever, actually) make sense. He doesn't seem to think it through or have any long game in mind. He just tosses whatever random crap is in his head onto the page, logic be damned.

The thing is, Bobby being gay but having lived in the closet all this time could be a poignant and powerful story. That has been the reality for many people. I just don't trust that Bendis has the foresight or even the technical ability to see that story through. This was just a tacky gimmick that is doomed to fall flat.

I wish Marvel would reign him in already. Give him a strict editor who knows the characters and demands plot outlines in advance to stave off some of the man's more absurd tangents. Bendis' can deliver clever dialogue sequences and genuine laughs, but he lacks follow through and cohesive plotlines.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

This thread title made me chuckle a bit. I'm a little shocked someone missed all the hullabaloo about it.

Yes op, iceman is gay and he's wonderful.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    ...Why does that make you sad? Hercules has always been a bisexual character in the original Greek stories.
    The OP invented a game where he can be reborn as different heroes but when he's reborn he has a all the memories of the previous hero. The OP wants to be careful of the interpersonal relationships of certain characters so he can avoid inappropriate feeling with other characters. I'm sure Hercules being bi changes something in "six degrees of separation" way on the list of heroes the OP can use now.

Yes he is and now he can marry!! Congratulations USA!!
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

BANNED

I don't get how they can be insisting the Teen!O5 come from Earth-TRN240 when it was established they do indeed come from the past of Earth-616m and Hank broke reality to do it. And I mean they go out of their way to confirm that "Yes, these are NOT Alternate Universe versions of the O5."
    The teen X-Men being from alternate Earth-616 (I.e., Earth-TRN240) set in the past makes no sense and deepens an even bigger plot hole. Adult Scott shouldn't have winked out of existence the way he did if teen Scott wasn't his chronologically misplaced self.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    The teen X-Men being from alternate Earth-616 (I.e., Earth-TRN240) set in the past makes no sense and deepens an even bigger plot hole. Adult Scott shouldn't have winked out of existence the way he did if teen Scott wasn't his chronologically misplaced self.
    Apparently TRN240 is established on Marvel Wikia. I'd asked about it, and they apparently had a discussion where they (arbitrarily) decided to make them from a different reality, even though it's contradicted directly by the books and Word of God.

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Bendis' grande designs seldom (if ever, actually) make sense. He doesn't seem to think it through or have any long game in mind. He just tosses whatever random crap is in his head onto the page, logic be damned.

The thing is, Bobby being gay but having lived in the closet all this time could be a poignant and powerful story. That has been the reality for many people. I just don't trust that Bendis has the foresight or even the technical ability to see that story through. This was just a tacky gimmick that is doomed to fall flat.
    We obviously don't know yet what will be done, but this is the problem with gay Teen Bobby.

Beyond the headlines and "isn't Marvel progressive and amazing" buzz among the casual fan and mainstream media, there's that story waiting to be told with adult Iceman.

In the old days, no one would have any reason to assume it wouldn't be told.

Today, we'll be lucky to get anything beyond a brief conversation in UXM 600, and an X-Position answer along the lines of "adult Bobby and the rest of the X-Men have their hands full dealing with the move to Europa! It's definitely a story we'd like to get to, but for now the X-Men are more concerned with their very survival! For more teen Iceman, check out the pages of All-New X-Men!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SoupStainedTie View Post
    We obviously don't know yet what will be done, but this is the problem with gay Teen Bobby.

Beyond the headlines and "isn't Marvel progressive and amazing" buzz among the casual fan and mainstream media, there's that story waiting to be told with adult Iceman.

Today, we'll be lucky to get anything beyond a brief conversation in UXM 600, and an X-Position answer along the lines of "adult Bobby and the rest of the X-Men have their hands full dealing with the move to Europa! It's definitely a story we'd like to get to, but for now the X-Men are more concerned with their very survival! For more teen Iceman, check out the pages of All-New X-Men!"
    We won't even get an X-Position on it. Bendis will make a snarky, trollish comment on his Tumblr or whatever.

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

We won't even get an X-Position on it. Bendis will make a snarky, trollish comment on his Tumblr or whatever.
    Worse yet, X-Position itself might no longer exist when "Extraordinary X-Men," "All-New Wolverine," and "Old Man Logan" are the only X-Books.

BANNED

I still say Marvel will eventually cop-out and have it revealed that they came from another reality, that's how they always deal with X-MEN time travel stories.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SoupStainedTie View Post

This answer was PERFECT

BANNED

A thing that bothers me about 05 Iceman, is that once he came out people exploded, saying he should immediately get more spotlight or a solo book as if he's suddenly interesting enough to get more spotlight. Iceman has never been very interesting, and I hope they do use 05 Bobby's sexuality to do some good stories, but changing a character's sexuality does not immediately make a character more interesting, it all depends on what they do with him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Yes he is and now he can marry!! Congratulations USA!!
    Did Gay Ice-Man turned the tide on the marriage vote?

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Did Gay Ice-Man turned the tide on the marriage vote?
    No that was Elsa, the other gay mutant with ice powers.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Yes he's gay if 05 Bobby is really him. I say this as someone who thinks that it's stupid that a writer would change a character's sexuality based on an internet meme.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."