Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Is iceman gay ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Why are most recent gay mutants Tweens? Is Marvel after the 1D fanbase money?
    Possibly. It would explain why Marvel doesn't have any lesbian characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    Possibly. It would explain why Marvel doesn't have any lesbian characters.
    Bling! is a Lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Bling! is a Lesbian.
    Bling!, Moondragon, Ultimate Jessica Drew, Karalina Dean, Destiny, Phyla-Vell, Miss America Chavez and Karma.

BANNED

Bling! is my favorite, sorry.

I don't like the idea of adult Bobby Drake being gay because having read him for so long, I never saw the signs and those people pointed out to me seemed more flimsy then any thing.

I would accept it IF they started using Iceman properly as a heavy weight and gave him storylines BEYOND just now being gay or another tell of him being a underachiever wannabe Johnny Storm for the X-Men group.

BANNED

He is full gay

Quote Originally Posted by Snyderman View Post
    He is full gay
    In Jean's mind. She thinks anyone who doesn't obsess over her must be gay

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I think the fact that he doesn't like Jeen makes is him what makes him full gay

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I think the fact that he doesn't like Jeen makes is him what makes him full gay
    I dunno, while he crushed on her a bit in the original timeline, she's made herself a bit of a nag to be around thanks to Beast.

BANNED

In everyone's mind.

By the power of retcon Iceman is now gay. Behold the almighty power of the retcon and tremble.

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    By the power of retcon Iceman is now gay. Behold the almighty power of the retcon and tremble.
    Well with one retcon we lost Torro to the Ihumans. With another the Magnus family was decimated. And with a third, Iceman's sexuality was turned on its head. Maybe we should be a little careful of Marvel, they seem to have an itchy trigger finger with retcons lately.

BANNED

Gay Iceman was more than a meme, it's been an underlying theme for decades from one writer to the next. My beef with Bendis is that he did not work the reveal from that so it seems forced to the less X-Savvy readership.

BANNED

Honestly I find that case 2 would be the worst case scenario, especially given how they keep saying it's still the same Bobby as he's always been because that changes a lot about him. Before, his case of underachieving compared to the others because of being lazy and the everyman of the O5, something anyone can relate to whereas if he's a closet case, his entire situation changes to being caused by him being repressed from being in the closet, something much less can relate to.

That aside, as I stated above, option 1 becomes less of a cop-out considering that Bendis has been inconsistent on things happening to the O5 having an effect on the present version or the present period.

Well on marvel database it says... "An alternate Earth-616 set in the past from where the X-Men were taken to the present Earth-616 by Beast.[1] Beast intended the younger X-Men to return, but Jean convinced them to remain until they can ensure Xavier's dream on peaceful coexistence become a reality." Key word "alternate"

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    A thing that bothers me about 05 Iceman, is that once he came out people exploded, saying he should immediately get more spotlight or a solo book as if he's suddenly interesting enough to get more spotlight. Iceman has never been very interesting, and I hope they do use 05 Bobby's sexuality to do some good stories, but changing a character's sexuality does not immediately make a character more interesting, it all depends on what they do with him.
    So we trust the wiki info now? Is it updated by Marvel personel for fact checking?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.