View Poll Results: What villains should feature in the next Spidey films?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chameleon

16 25.81%
  • Mysterio

36 58.06%
  • Morbius

7 11.29%
  • Shocker

14 22.58%
  • Doctor Octopus

8 12.90%
  • Scorpion

18 29.03%
  • Vulture

18 29.03%
  • Green Goblin

9 14.52%
  • Electro

4 6.45%
  • Kraven

22 35.48%
  • Sandman

3 4.84%
  • Morlun

9 14.52%
  • Venom

12 19.35%
  • Rhino

6 9.68%
  • Other

12 19.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default What villains should be in the next Spider-man films?

This week we got the announcement of the new actor playing Peter / Spider-man, as well the as the director, of the next Spider-man films (which will presumably have sequels).

So the script is probably in its final stages, additional casting will commence and camera will probably start to roll on this thing next year.

What villains should be featured this time around? Pick multiple ones that you think deserve to get the spotlight. I also included "Other" if you want to write in The Spot.
    Last edited by Metamorphosis; 06-27-2015 at 09:06 PM.

BANNED

The Spot would actually be a great visual villain for some trippy special effects. Then have Mysterio as the main bad guy, maybe team him up with Chameleon so you have a way to build up to Kraven in later films.

I think Mysterio has a lot of cinematic potential. You could do a lot of cool visuals with him and his overall premise.
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

BANNED

I think Mysterio is a must at this point. I'd really like to see a good cinematic take on him and Scorpion.

Chameleon could be very interesting. And while the 3rd Raimi film got most of the character beats down, I'd like to see a proper take on Venom as well.

The Shocker would be a nice throwaway villain, in the vein of Spidey fighting Rhino in ASM 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    The Shocker would be a nice throwaway villain, in the vein of Spidey fighting Rhino in ASM 2.
    Just don't have him be just at the end of the movie and spoilt the entirety of the fight int the trailer .

As far as who I think should be the villain in the first MCU Spider-Man movie...while they might build up and introduce some of the classic Rogues before they take up their Supervillain identities, likely better handled than ASM2 with its random Smythe appearance and Not!Felicia, I think the first real villain we'll see will be Vulture .

He hasn't appeared in the movies yet, he was one of the first Supervillains Spidey ever fought, has missed a silver screen debut numerous times despite interest in putting him in, and he's a classic Rogue .
    Last edited by Frontier; 06-28-2015 at 06:22 PM. Reason: It was Chameleon...

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I'm sure we all have our answers (I'd like to see Venom done properly), but let's be entirely clear here: there is quite plainly only one correct response, and that is Bruce Campbell as Mysterio.
    Buh-bye

Mysterio, Chameleon, and Tinkerer those three together While their boss is Norman Osborn.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio1989 View Post
    Mysterio, Chameleon, and Tinkerer those three together While their boss is Norman Osborn.
    This, but replace Tinkerer with Vulture and have him be an ex-Osborn employee out for vengeance against Norman like in The Spectacular Spider-Man.

I'd also go with Mysterio. But based on the success of Netflix's Daredevil, I'd have him working for the Kingpin of Crime as part of Marvel's shared universe (assuming Fisk gets out of his current situation in Daredevil season 2).

BANNED

Seeing as it's a teenage Peter Parker, I'd like to see Ultimate Green Goblin. But we've had 2 Goblin films now so I doubt Marvel will do that. Mysterio could definitely make for a good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    This, but replace Tinkerer with Vulture and have him be an ex-Osborn employee out for vengeance against Norman like in The Spectacular Spider-Man.
    Or both Vulture would be the boss with Tinkerer and him constantly squabbling over efficiency and who has the better tech.

Smartest move would be someone we haven't seen before, and probably limiting it to one villain.

Chameleon could frame Spider-Man, and pit him against some of the forces of the MCU.
    Mysterio can result in beautiful effects.
    The Vulture can provide a contrast with the Tom Holland Spider-Man.

It's probably a bit early to bring in Kraven. And the Osborns should probably not be referenced. After five films in which the family/ corporation played a big role, it's probably time for the Goblins to take a breather. Same with Doc Connors, as much as I don't want to admit that.

Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 2 have strongly suggested that multiple villains aren't a great combination for Spider-Man, even if it works fine for Nolan's Batman or Captain America. A big part of it is that the Spider-Man films have more focus on Peter's private life, which means there often isn't room for several bad guys, especially with everything else going on in the story. However, some villains might be effective together. Kraven and Chameleon have partnered up in the comics. Scorpion's origin can be especially effective if Spider-Man's been framed.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

My #1 choice is Mysterio (played by Bruce Campbell of course). Heck have him guest-star on the DD show as well.

I'd also love to see Kraven, Morbius, and Hobgoblin.

Oh and Black Cat/Silver Sable (but NOT as out and out villains).

I would like to see a character which hasn't been on film before. So that rules out Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Venom and thank God, Electro. It'd be a shame to see the same old characters wheeled out again and again and again for a new start to Spider-Man.

As we have a younger Spider-Man, I'd like to see him tackling smaller threats (one of the largest problems with The Amazing Spider-Man series is the typical Hollywood raising the stakes - Lizard wants to convert everyone to lizard people, Electro wants to do something or another involving the power supply).

I'd love to see him battling against Kingpin. The stories involving him were always my favourite in the Ultimate Spider-Man series because it actually felt like Peter was actively trying to help people, instead of stopping a city-wide threat. A non-powered villain hasn't been seen before, and Vincent D'Onofrio gave an amazing performance in Daredevil - and wouldn't it be great to see his rise to power on the big screen. It would provide synergy between the Netflix shows and the films, allow for the henchmen villains (such as Shocker who can't who couldn't carry his own film) a chance to shine.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Mysterio, Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Kraven, and Venom. These five villains all for great potential in the films. Doc, Goblin, and Venom have been in films already so it'd be a great opportunity to be able to redeem the characters. Mysterio and Kraven haven't been in a film yet so it'll be a great time to introduce them into the MCU. With all of the cinematography and CGI ability we have today, Mysterio can definitely be done really well.
    Last edited by 8BitRedBeard; 06-28-2015 at 08:00 AM.
    "With great power comes great responsibility."