View Poll Results: What villains should feature in the next Spidey films?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chameleon

16 25.81%
  • Mysterio

36 58.06%
  • Morbius

7 11.29%
  • Shocker

14 22.58%
  • Doctor Octopus

8 12.90%
  • Scorpion

18 29.03%
  • Vulture

18 29.03%
  • Green Goblin

9 14.52%
  • Electro

4 6.45%
  • Kraven

22 35.48%
  • Sandman

3 4.84%
  • Morlun

9 14.52%
  • Venom

12 19.35%
  • Rhino

6 9.68%
  • Other

12 19.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Smartest move would be someone we haven't seen before, and probably limiting it to one villain.

Chameleon could frame Spider-Man, and pit him against some of the forces of the MCU.
    Mysterio can result in beautiful effects.
    The Vulture can provide a contrast with the Tom Holland Spider-Man.

It's probably a bit early to bring in Kraven. And the Osborns should probably not be referenced. After five films in which the family/ corporation played a big role, it's probably time for the Goblins to take a breather. Same with Doc Connors, as much as I don't want to admit that.

Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 2 have strongly suggested that multiple villains aren't a great combination for Spider-Man, even if it works fine for Nolan's Batman or Captain America. A big part of it is that the Spider-Man films have more focus on Peter's private life, which means there often isn't room for several bad guys, especially with everything else going on in the story. However, some villains might be effective together. Kraven and Chameleon have partnered up in the comics. Scorpion's origin can be especially effective if Spider-Man's been framed.
    The multiple villain thing comes down to scriptwriting, not having anything to do with Spidey juggling multiple duties. Look how shabbily Venom, Rhino and Electro were written in their respective movies. And was there any need to tie Sandman to Uncle Ben's murder? And I'd argue that the Lizard/Connors was nothing to write home about either, despite being the solo villain in his movie.

And though Oscorp have been a fixture in all five movies, Norman was only ever prominent in the first film. I wouldn't mind him being established here in a pre-Goblin persona. A desperate and opportunistic corporate head producing supervillains for the mob bosses to distract the heroes from the real seedy dealings. Then once his "created villains" fail in the first film, he could put on the mask in the sequel.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 06-28-2015 at 08:06 AM.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I'd want to see a new Spider-Man trilogy feature:

The Shocker, Scorpion, Adrian Toomes, Harry and Norman Osborn in the first film.

Chameleon, Adrian Toomes as the Vulture, Harry, and Norman Osborn as the Green Goblin in the second film, with an end teaser of Harry as the next Goblin.

Kraven, Harry Osborn as an antagonist-turned-anti-hero Goblin, and Mysterio in the third film.
    Last edited by Samurai Jack; 06-28-2015 at 08:30 AM.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

BANNED

Norman Osborn should be around for multiple films as the "Thanos" of the Spidey films with him manipulating events and secretly aiding in the creation of super-villains. It should a good 3-5 solo Spidey films before we even see the Green Goblin. Before then I'd like to explore some lesser known villains like Scorpion and Rhino. I wan't Doc Ock (Ultimate) to be the villain of one of the films, also Kraven the Hunter (as a mercenary hired by Osborn to kill Spidey). I wan't hints at the venom symbiote (which would be created by Peter's father) but it wouldn't appear to much further down the road. I want Shocker to be a recurring loser villain who pops up once in a while to be an annoyance only to be easily defeated by Spidey. I'd like Vulture to be the main villain of one of the films.

BANNED

Do the second film as a gang war between Tombstone and Mr. Negative, a sorta gauntlet storyline testing Peter's limits before it's revealed that Kraven orchestrated it as a way to thin the underworld's ranks for his Russian mafia bosses to then move in. Sets the tension for a third film.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Turner D. Century, Big Wheel, & the Spot

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Do the second film as a gang war between Tombstone and Mr. Negative, a sorta gauntlet storyline testing Peter's limits before it's revealed that Kraven orchestrated it as a way to thin the underworld's ranks for his Russian mafia bosses to then move in. Sets the tension for a third film.
    Too Batman/Daredevil-y for my taste. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but don't think a Spidey movie should revolve entirely around mob wars. Now the mob using Oscorp manufactured supervillains as a smokescreen for their own activities? That I can get behind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Too Batman/Daredevil-y for my taste. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but don't think a Spidey movie should revolve entirely around mob wars. Now the mob using Oscorp manufactured supervillains as a smokescreen for their own activities? That I can get behind.
    I consider it doing an Empire Strikes Back. First movie is fun and games, second movie is a little darker, put the kid through the ringer, and third movie then has higher stakes. Osborn has also been done.

Not to mention you have the super villain element with Tombstone, maybe some C-list cronies, Negative and his Inner Demons. Supervillain mob.

I'd say go with the Shocker as a dragon and Tombstone as the big bad. Let's get a power scale in spiderman where it seems the villains get bigger and badder.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    Norman Osborn should be around for multiple films as the "Thanos" of the Spidey films with him manipulating events and secretly aiding in the creation of super-villains. It should a good 3-5 solo Spidey films before we even see the Green Goblin.
    I like this idea, but I'm not sure if a Spider-Man film series would last more than a trilogy before rebooting again.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    I like this idea, but I'm not sure if a Spider-Man film series would last more than a trilogy before rebooting again.
    It depends on whether or not they let him age. I like the idea of a Spidey film franchise being broken up into 3 trilogies (a trilogy of trilogies). First trilogy deals with his high school years, second his college/university years, and third his full adult years it ending with his and MJ's wedding.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 2 have strongly suggested that multiple villains aren't a great combination for Spider-Man, even if it works fine for Nolan's Batman or Captain America. A big part of it is that the Spider-Man films have more focus on Peter's private life, which means there often isn't room for several bad guys, especially with everything else going on in the story. However, some villains might be effective together. Kraven and Chameleon have partnered up in the comics. Scorpion's origin can be especially effective if Spider-Man's been framed.
    I think since they're forgoing the origin this time around, there may be more time for villains.

So someone like Mysterio could mess with his mind, while Scorpion would provide the physical challenge.

BANNED

I think a Mysterio/Chameleon team-up would make for an interesting movie. Definitely have Venom in a sequel too, as long as he's done right.

Incredible Member

I think Shocker could be a good to feature into a movie leading into Venom, just spend the whole movie with Peter in the symbiote suit and transition into Venom for the following movie.

Kraven the hunter, who is working for a mysterious boss, who is revealed to be Morlun at the end of the movie.

BANNED

I think two villains can work, I think the mistake is trying to have them be co-main antagonists. The key is that one should be the main antagonist while the other is a minion/secondary villain, like how Ra's Al Ghul and Scarecrow were in Batman Begins.