6 2.27%
  • Leslie Thompkins

0 0%
  • Lucius Fox

0 0%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Favorite Bat-Family member

I recently saw a claim that on the CBR forum, Bruce's supporting cast is more like than Bruce himself. Well, I want to see if that's true. Vote for your favorite Bat Family character, and we'll see whether or not Bruce comes out on top

Alfred.

He's better than anyone else on the list (to me, that is).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

pre-CoIE Helena Wayne

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

My vote goes to Jason Todd. He's my favorite Robin and my favorite Bat character overall. Honorable mentions go to Alfred, Jim Gordon, Dick Grayson and Helena Wayne.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

I voted for Bruce but honestly, as much as I like the other members of the Bat family, Jim Gordon and Alfred are awesome characters as well. Both men play important roles in Bruce's life and make him who he is.
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Jason who is also my favorite comic book character ever

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Dick Grayson I think is a pretty easy choice for me.

Alfred and Robin (as a concept character) are really high up there as well. Those are easily my top 3 (if you count concept character Robin).

I also like Jason Todd, Jim and Barbara Gordon, Leslie Thompkins, and Stephanie Brown. Damian, depends on who is writing him. I like Black Canary a lot, but I don't quite consider her as Bat-Family, plus she's not on the list anyway!
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Mind MGMT, Promethea

Jason Todd first and foremost. Always has been. Always will be. Then Dick Grayson.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Jason who is also my favorite comic book character ever
    You have great taste my friend!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    My vote goes to Jason Todd. He's my favorite Robin and my favorite Bat character overall. Honorable mentions go to Alfred, Jim Gordon, Dick Grayson and Helena Wayne.
    And of course you have great taste as well my friend lol!

Alfred Pennyworth, he's been with Bruce since the beginning plus he's loyal to a fault.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Based off that poll I would pick Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson, Alfred, and Jim Gordon for favorite Bat-Family male members and Barbara Gordon, Selina Kyle, Cassandra Cain, and Leslie Thompkins as favorite Bat-Family female members.

Though if I could only pick one from each gender, it would most likely be Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon, which I also like as a couple as well. Dick Grayson as Nightwing is one of my favorite DC characters.

As for supporting characters in the Bat-Family, I've always liked Commissioner Jim Gordon first, then Alfred as a very close second. Seeing Jim as the current Batman is an interesting turn on the character.

Bruce Wayne/Batman himself is probably the first character to introduce me to the world of comics, and I do like him quite a lot, but I think I would rather read new comics featuring his supporting cast and fellow allies than of Bruce/Batman himself.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Dick Grayson was the character who made me start reading comics and has stayed as the clear favourite, even if Selina Kyle could probably change it one day. I also like Damian Wayne and Helena Wayne a lot while Harper Row is the new bat character I want to read more of.

As purely supporting characters, you can't beat the likes of Jim Gordon, Alfred, and Leslie (when written well). Otherwise, my pick would be for Dick Grayson, as his growth and history over 7 decades has made him such a unique and versatile character. Bruce is also great when he's not written as token jerkass in some mediocre Justice League story, or as "DARKNESS NO PARENTS" that some writers think he is. Following closely behind are Damian Wayne, Barbara Gordon, Selina Kyle, and Stephanie Brown. Tim Drake, Cass Cain, Kate Kane, and Helena Bertinelli I like as well. I'd say I like most of Batfamily, at least the ones who have been written well at some point in time.