Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What if DC introduced Bruce Wayne as gay?

Who does he hook up with?

His previous relationships were Catwoman, Batgirl, and Wonder Woman

Maybe Constantine, Dr. Fate, or Swamp Thing?

Where would DC take it?

I'd not be surprised if one day we see a Gay Bruce Wayne in an alternative universe. If DC was going to go down that route they would probably go for Batman/Superman - it's a ship with a reasonable fanbase and it would most likely sell. Second most likely would probably be Constantine. In main contineuty though he will just remain straight.

Regarding who Bruce would go down on. I've never got the impression Bruce would be a selfish lover so he would probably do the deed on any of his female partners.

Bruce/Zee is 100% an underrated ship. Their childhood friendship is pretty great and its clear as day they do care about each other alot. They most likely will have slept together in the past.
    Last edited by Katana500; 10-29-2021 at 12:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The type of guy he likes to hang out with are lighter than him, can speak their mind to him, but at the same time, respect him and know his boundaries so they don't become annoying.

Yes, I'm talking about Dick and Clark. Of course my first choice is Superman.

As for the others... he likes Simon Baz enough but he's too inexperienced to be impressive. Guy he can't stand.

So the closest thing after Clark is Hal. He does annoy him, but not as much as Guy, and all those verbal and physical fighting makes a good dynamic. Different dynamic than Clark, can arguably become more interesting because of all the tension and contrast. The classic Will vs Fear, Improv vs Planning.

Bruce likes Barry, but he's too nice. Not much sizzle compared to Hal.

He likes Kyle too but he's too young and reminds him of Dick.

Mighty Member

In an alternative universe where Bruce is gay;

Harvey Dent and Bruce would be in a relationship before he becomes Two Face .

Thomas Blake/Catman would an on/off relationship that could never work because their personalities and world views would clash.

Jason Bard would be a Bruce Wayne new love interest.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oooh yeah. Harvey Dent is the one that got away (to crime). Harvey needs to be Bi, come on. It's in his theme.

Ghost Maker. You can't tell me they don't get down and sweaty after all those training session.

Tommy Elliot is one of those insane ex who keeps stalking him.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-29-2021 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oooh yeah. Harvey Dent is the one that got away (to crime). Harvey needs to be Bi, come on. It's in his theme.

Ghost Maker. You can't tell me they don't get down and sweaty after all those training session.

Tommy Elliot is one of those insane ex who keeps stalking him.
    Wow those are all great ideas. Bruce having all those messy exes who keep going evil would make for a fun fun read. Clark would be his happily ever after if he'd let himself have it.
    Two-Face not being bi doesn't make sense anymore after this. It's what Harvey would want.
    I know Midnighter is sort of the gay version of Batman, getting an actual gay Batman in an Elseworlds would be fun, and a different take that Midnighter. There's the advantage of getting to gay up his villains and allies, and using all the trapping of the character.
    Sure it would be controversial, but Thrillkiller gave us a lesbian Joker twenty plus years ago and no one batted an eye.

I saw Bruce as female in that Earth 11..

So if there is a GAY BATMAN in another universe I would not be surprised about it.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-29-2021 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I saw Bruce as female in that Earth 11..

So if there is a GAY BATMAN in another universe I would not be surprised about it.
    Just to throw this out there; by the rules established for the multiverse, this would also make Kate straight.

Just pointing it out.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Just to throw this out there; by the rules established for the multiverse, this would also make Kate straight.

Just pointing it out.
    I don't mind if Kate being straight in a universe where Bruce is gay, I just don't want it all the straight people to be LGBT, it makes story less interesting.

So it should not go by the same rules as the gender flip universe.

c'mon guys, the obvious answer is Catman
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I don't mind if Kate being straight in a universe where Bruce is gay, I just don't want it all the straight people to be LGBT, it makes story less interesting.

So it should not go by the same rules as the gender flip universe.
    I suggest all the gay characters in that universe be gay but bi/Pan people are still bi/Pan.
    That leaves Catman still as an option.

I second Catman.

Would also drive the final nail in 'Seduction of the Innoccent' since part of the reason the CCA was created was because Werthman claimed that Batman and Robin were gay.

Also show a gay man adopting and raising kids as a father figure and with none of the stigma attached.

Bruce's relationship with Catwoman, Zatanna and Wonder Woman would also be platonic without the sexual tension added in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I second Catman.

Would also drive the final nail in 'Seduction of the Innoccent' since part of the reason the CCA was created was because Werthman claimed that Batman and Robin were gay.

Also show a gay man adopting and raising kids as a father figure and with none of the stigma attached.

Bruce's relationship with Catwoman, Zatanna and Wonder Woman would also be platonic without the sexual tension added in.
    Highlighting this, because that's a huge thing that really needs to be normalized.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Welp, Selina's spending more time in prison .

Mighty Member

Absolutely no one said Joker huh?