2 0.76%
  • Alfred Pennyworth

6 2.27%
  • Leslie Thompkins

0 0%
  • Lucius Fox

0 0%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

NOTE: Thread originally began in June 2015.
    -------------------------------------------------

With 219 people having voted,
    * Dick Grayson = 67 votes
    * Jason Todd = 37 votes
    * Bruce Wayne = 35 votes
    * Tim Drake = 20 votes
    * Cassandra Cain = 14 votes
    * Barbara Gordon = 12 votes
    * Selina Kyle = 9 votes
    * Stephanie Brown = 9 votes
    * Alfred Pennyworth = 5 votes
    * Kate Kane = 5 votes
    * Helena Bertinelli = 4 votes

All other choices have less than four votes.

Here's the OP:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
    I recently saw a claim that on the CBR forum, Bruce's supporting cast is more like than Bruce himself. Well, I want to see if that's true. Vote for your favorite Bat Family character, and we'll see whether or not Bruce comes out on top
    And at present, Bruce still falls waaaaaaaay behind Dick in popularity. (Jason also has a slight lead over Bruce.)

I wonder what it is about this forum that makes our demographics weird like that
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I wonder what it is about this forum that makes our demographics weird like that
    I expect a good bit of is that there are good number of fans here that like older comics (indeed, I specifically joined because of that - I'd previously been looking for a place to discuss original NTT, which I'd just read). Batman today is very different than the Batman of 30 years ago. A lot people (me included) who like the older Batman don't like the newer one. Also, to be fair, I love old-school Dick Grayson, and find the one of the last 20 years not nearly as good a character. Also like older versions of Tim and Steph better than 2000s-and-after versions. Though I've always liked Dick best, from other media (only started reading DC about 2015, but started with older material), I admit. Anyway, fans of older material don't like newer Batman. And Dick is still there in the older material and present when Batman was emotionally healthier and got to grow up and into his own in that era, when the field was less crowded in general.

Extraordinary Member

There’s also the way a character having an actual solo can help their demographics on the board - Jason had a team/solo book for most of the decade, as has Babs (who was still a major role character even before that as Oracle). That’s going to reinforce and encourage those fanbases to be involved, while Tim, Cass, and Steph fans had different hay days.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mighty Member

Voted for Bruce but honestly I don't think that he should even be an option in the poll. Batman stands above and apart from the family so I don't consider him a batfamily member. He is is own thing, wholly separate from the rest. And once again I think that the so-called family needs to be dissolved, let these characters go their own way and do their own thing.

Mighty Member

As much as I love Bruce, Dick, Jason ect, at the end of the day Batman is just not complete without his mansion, batcave, and handy British butler...so I chose Alfred.

my favorite isn't on this poll. what's wild is Duke had just gotten his first regular appearance in a series when this poll went up; he'd just been cameos up to that point.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    my favorite isn't on this poll. what's wild is Duke had just gotten his first regular appearance in a series when this poll went up; he'd just been cameos up to that point.
    I don't think he was considered Bat-family on that point.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I don't think he was considered Bat-family on that point.
    Though Harper not being on the poll is odd, as she was already Bluebird when the poll was made (the flashforward in Batman 28 was released in 2014, and Batman Eternal 41 showing Bluebird’s actual first mission was released earlier in 2015).

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I don't think he was considered Bat-family at that point.
    he wouldn't have been, like I said he was had just gotten a regular slot the same year (I think same month) this poll started.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I'm surprised Bruce isn't the most voted (although I didn't vote for him), considering he's the main member and he's the best-seller. But I bet if 2 choices could be chosen he'd come out on top, cause probably most times when he's not the #1 choice he's the #2 choice.

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    I'm surprised Bruce isn't the most voted (although I didn't vote for him), considering he's the main member and he's the best-seller. But I bet if 2 choices could be chosen he'd come out on top, cause probably most times when he's not the #1 choice he's the #2 choice.
    He's not even #3 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    Depends on how long people have been reading the character.

Bruce himself has been . . . less than enjoyable . . . in much of the 21st century.

Extraordinary Member

I think Bruce suffers from the “snap-back” effect more than the other characters, even when their attempts to grow up have... issues.

Bruce is more dependent on “style” of characterization for making him appear dynamic.

Dick can actually claim to have “grown” into something else for just about every decade in the modern era: from Robin as a sidekick to Robin in college as his own man to Robin as Titans leader to Nightwing as Titan’s leader to Nightwing as a solo hero to Batman to Agent Grayson.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP