6 2.27%
  • Leslie Thompkins

0 0%
  • Lucius Fox

0 0%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    So are my eyes not working? Why's Damian not on the list? He ought to have a place ahead of characters who aren't even appearing in the DCU anymore.
    Yeah, that is strange. He really should have been on that list because he's still being written about whereas some of those on the list have yet to make a reappearance in the DCU or they are only marginally connected to the Bat in the first place or, in case of Helena B., they have no connection to him at all currently.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    what surprises me in this poll is the fact that jason is getting some love never expected that.
    Well he does have his fans you know.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Well he does have his fans you know.
    which surprised me since nobody in this forum seems to like him and only want him as a villain.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

which surprised me since nobody in this forum seems to like him and only want him as a villain.
    That's true but I'm not one of those that wants to see him as a straight up villain. That plot line's a dead end for Jason and got old really fast in the previous continuity.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Batman should not really be on this list because their is no comparison in term of true popularity. All these characters fall under the Batman title and their is only one true Batman. There will always be replacement Batmen but the longest run you could ever do without Bruce is Morrison's run which fit perfectly because Dick was the original and only Robin for 44 years. While people want to see Tim, Jason, Cass etc. become Batman, at this point it would just be looked at as treading the same old territory regardless if they act different.

BANNED

what surprises me in this poll is the fact that jason is getting some love never expected that.
    It was much worse a while back. His own book and then Arkham Knight seems to have swung things the other way.

BTW If Bruce counts he's my number one pick and Alfred is number two. Just clearing that up as usually when I think of the Bat Family I consider Bruce kind of outside it, or as the founder.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

That`s an exageration. If you count the posters, the majority leans towards him more in the anti hero camp than villain. Much more. Some aren`t even voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    That`s an exageration. If you count the posters, the majority leans towards him more in the anti hero camp than villain. Much more. Some aren`t even voting.
    Indeed, as I noted in another thread Jason Todd as Red Hood is one of my current favorite comic book characters (number three on my list behind only Bruce Wayne and Peter Parker). So he does get some love around these parts. lol
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Indeed, as I noted in another thread Jason Todd as Red Hood is one of my current favorite comic book characters (number three on my list behind only Bruce Wayne and Peter Parker). So he does get some love around these parts. lol
    People shouldn`t even be surprised. One of the best DC animated features in years, cameos in Young Justice and Teen Titans, his own comic, multiple apperances since the reboot and now a major plot act in the Arkham series.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I voted for Barbara Gordon because currently, her ongoing comic is the only one I'm following since I got back into DC late 2014 with her redesign/new story direction. I also liked Batgirl's animated counterpart in Batman: The Animated Series, and her revamped look in The New Batman Adventures was one of the few design changes I liked more than the original series design.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I think it's a shame that the poll only allows a single favourite to be voted for. If you could, say, vote for your top 5 characters in order and have them score points accordingly it'd probably change the shape of things considerably. For instance, I voted for Dick Grayson, because he is my favourite Bat-family character, having followed him from the Bat-books to the Titans and to Nightwing and back to the Bat-books, but for me he only wins by a hair's breadth from Bruce.

The original circus version of Jason wouldn't have made my top 5, even in less crowded times, and nor would the pre-death reboot version, but the current back-from-the-dead slightly bitter antihero version would definitely be in with a chance of competing for the 3-5 slots.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiSentinel View Post
    Yah it makes no sense for Dick to be beating Bruce. What's the reasoning behind that?
    That's simple. Dick might be the most fleshed out character DC has ever created.

This is an impossible poll! It's Sophie's Choice.

Past Wonder Woman, the Bat characters are some of my favorites and some of the greatest in comic book fiction. I like in unison! (Okay, I chose Batwoman just so one of the women received a boost.)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Dick Grayson. He is my all time favorite DC comics character.

I voted before I realized Bruce Wayne was an option. I would change my vote to him if I could. One of the best superhero characters of all time, if not THE best.