Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Will Eisner's The Spirit, #1

In celebration of the 75th anniversary of Will Eisner's iconic and ground-breaking character, Dynamite Entertainment is proud to present an all-new ongoing series featuring THE SPIRIT. Scripted by Eisner Award-winning author, Matt Wagner, this monthly title will delight longtime fans as well as help introduce a whole new generation of fans to the character. Set in the classic period of The Spirit's golden age, the 1940s, the first 12-issue story arc follows the strip's most beloved characters, Commissioner Dolan, his daughter Ellen, Ebony White and Sammy as they attempt to uncover why The Spirit has been missing, and presumed dead, for the past two years. Has the famous blue-masked hero finally fallen victim to one of the malicious felons or beautiful femme fatales from his lengthy rogues' gallery of enemies? In the words of Central City's most prominent headlines: "WHO KILLED THE SPIRIT?" Illustrated by Dan Schkade and colored by Brennan Wagner, this series will strive to honor the vital and prestigious legacy of one of comicdom's most talented and influential creators - Will Eisner.

Full article here.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

I'm looking forward to this arc!
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Definitely looking forward to this!

Oh man I didn't realize that it was coming out already. I remember getting so pumped about this when it first got announced but then it kind of fell off of my radar. Normally I'd be a bit hesitant about someone taking on The Spirit but I have pretty much complete faith that Wagner will be able to do the character justice. I will definitely be picking this up come Wednesday.
    Currently Reading: Lazarus, American Vampire, Wytches, Descender, Batman, Sex Criminals, Rat Queens, High Crimes, Deadly Class, Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, The Fade Out, Thor, Gotham Academy, Southern Bastards, Batgirl, All Star Section Eight, Injection, Howard the Duck, Weirdworld, Grayson, Midnighter, Prez, Hawkeye

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Definitely looking forward to this!
    Me too! I started reading everything I have featuring the Spirit (Archives, trade paperbacks, etc.) to celebrate the Spirit's 75th anniversary and cannot wait for this new series.

Looks cool. Love that Wagner's keeping the period setting.

So, Sammy's last name is now "Strunk"?

And he and Ebony have gone and formed a private detective agency?