View Poll Results: Will you be reading the X-Men replacement series, Inhumans?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

17 16.83%
  • No.

72 71.29%
  • Maybe.

12 11.88%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

This thread is facepalm worthy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rising7 View Post
    I'll admit that some of the nuhumans caught my interest enough to pore through post-Infinity back issues to see their origins. I may repeat this process in a year or two with another slate of backissues. And I suspect a fair number of X-fans will be drawn in by Cyclops being in Uncanny Inhumans, myself included, unless he gets written poorly or doesn't make any meaningful moves for the X-Men status quo.
    I fully expect the fans of that character to make the switch over to NotMutants. That was never in doubt after he was announced as part of the book.

And I'm sure many an X-Man reader will just follow the "hated and feared for differences" metaphor over to the NotMutants as well, especially after the X-Men books have completely disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyderman View Post
    This thread is facepalm worthy
    How so? It's actually a relevant question. There are business ties involve that depend on X-Men readers making the jump to the NotMutants.
    Last edited by shootthej; 06-28-2015 at 04:51 PM.

BANNED

i actually enjoy the inhumans go back and read jenkins and jae lee inhuman marvel knight series great stuff. But there no chance in hell im buying these new inhuman books after they been pushed down our threat, kamal khan is a cool character and im sure its not seole fault but all these new inhuman characters are just beyond awful. The way they were force fed upon us really sucks did they play any part in the recent axis series yet there they were front and center and im not even going to vent on the whole magneto debacle but ive heard some crazy rumors about otehr forced inhumans that are were supposed to happen As much as marvel tells us they just dont sell uncanny inhuman only sells because of MCNiven. Also i have on good authority remmember last year marvel teaser with several inhumans there were at least 2 other inhuman books planned and both were shelved becasue of low sales. Even the planned inhuman movie has been pushed back and with all the back lash id be surprised if it ever happens . The inhumans work best when they get a nice push and tehn get on their floating base and disappear to the moon or whaterver , There much more intersting in small doses

BANNED

I will say that I think Kamala Khan is a fun character and is good for comics. She also has minority creators, which is very rare for Marvel. I wouldn't read an X-Men replacement team book for her though and I don't care about the NotMutants in general. She may as well have gotten her powers from space for all her super-origin matters.

It's just lame to have the X-Men removed and their themes put on copycat characters. In-story and out, the X-Men and actual mutants have been working to bring peace for decades. Now that history will be disregarded for shameless derivatives. I even hear that there will be a NotXavier School for training NotMutants. The plagiarism is awful.

Plus, the Inhumans have a history of slavery. That's a terrible place to ground "heroic" characters.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Nah. The sad thing is that an Inhumans series that actually exploits their characters and world was something that many fans were asking for quite sometime. Even having more Inhumans wouldn't be a bad thing necessarily, to force them out of isolation, but turning them into mutant knock-offs does no favors to anyone.

And read something besides the adorable Kamala?! That's OUTRAGEOUS, good sir!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

How does the minority food chain works that there's no room for the Inhumans AND the X-Men both as separate universes? Inhumans is even more minority than X-Men because there are less of them. Being a minority isn't something you work for or deserve, it just happens because you're either in the least powerful or numerous social group by comparison to another.

The truth is the books are gonna suck no matter what title is on them. Disney is probably trying to make us happy having Cyclops and Beast join.
    Last edited by DDD; 06-28-2015 at 05:19 PM.

I try my best to stay away from things prominently featuring Beast these days.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    How does the minority food chain works that there's no room for the Inhumans AND the X-Men both as separate universes? Inhumans is even more minority than X-Men because there are less of them. Being a minority isn't something you work for or deserve, it just happens because you're either in the least powerful or numerous social group by comparison to another.

The truth is the books are gonna suck no matter what title is on them. Disney is probably trying to make us happy having Cyclops and Beast join.
    Because saying the Inhumans (at least the classic ones) are minorities is like saying Doom is because he's a gypsy or Namor because he's Atlantean/Mutant: it's technically true, but they were at the top of the food chain of wealth and political power, so put them as oppressed is ridiculous.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Because saying the Inhumans (at least the classic ones) are minorities is like saying Doom is because he's a gypsy or Namor because he's Atlantean/Mutant: it's technically true, but they were at the top of the food chain of wealth and political power, so put them as oppressed is ridiculous.
    The Inhumans have no country and what if they move to South Carolina?

I am ready for Nothumans and its sister titles:
    -Blackbolt Unleashed
    -Manpain of Blackbolt
    -Medusa and her Wimmin Squad (this is where all the female Nothumans will be)
    -Nothumans Force

Something I really liked about the Inhumans was just how weird and outlandish they were even compared to mutants. Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, some of the best characters that came from the Lee-Kirby days, even if they went unappreciated for the majority of their existence.

Now they took it all away with the Nuhumans, making the Inhumans the poor man's X-Men. I think I'll give Uncanny Inhumans a shot but just because Black Bolt is still an interesting character.

Notmutants can also be a metaphor for people who leave their own countries by their own volition for an inhospitable one so that they can complain about oppression and culture clash.
    So... like... certain muslims?

BANNED

It can be anyone. That even covers some people I've known leaving my own country. That doesn't justify being unfairly oppressed if someone is playing by the rules. But I certainly find it a strange life choice to go somewhere you actively disagree with when you do have the choice.
    Last edited by DDD; 06-28-2015 at 06:28 PM.

The Inhumans have no country and what if they move to South Carolina?
    The Inhumans do have their own country, their own servants, their own slaves...

Absolutely. I've been following the Inhumans as long as I've been following the X-Men, and that's a long time.

It's great set of characters with their own unique history that is very different from the X-Men.

As far as the fact that they are inherently a racist, slave owning civilization that has (historically) shunned all
    contact? Well if you were going to make a powerful and interesting statement about what that really means,
    by handling it in interesting ways throughout the narrative as time goes by , you could hardly wish for
    a better opportunity.

Or - they could take the cheap way out just retcon all of that away. After Secret Wars - and with all of the
    hyperfocused, hypersensitive media circus around these issues lately .. it would be pretty lame of Disney / Marvel
    to do that. But I suppose it wouldn't be a shocker if they did.

I also think its really funny how hardcore the people are on the X-board poll judging by the results. lol, facepalm
    inducing thread indeed ...