Mighty Member

Default 2007's Back in Black

I almost forgot about this. This was one of the most Darkest and fun arks of Spider-man who else liked this part of Spider-man

I liked it, but kind of pissed me off the way it only affected Amazing...I mean, in pretty much every other appearence besides amazing (When he was pretty much in "Batman-mode"), he was good ol' cheerful Spiderman only in the black suit, wich was way out of character with all the stuff Peter was going through.

That scene in the sewers was pretty badass. Loved that Ron Garney art and the coloring there.

I also loved when he beat the crap out of Kingpin, that was amazingly badass too.

If I remember correctly, after One More Day he faced Kingpin again (During the Big Time arc)...while Kingpin himself would not remember anything (Or would he? Does he remember that fight but without the details about Spidey's identity? Damn it, Quesada...), Peter actually should, it would have been cool that he kind of relapsed in "Back in Black" mood temporaly and went to town on him again with Kingpin wondering what got into the web-head. One more day or not, he still almost killed aunt May after all.
    Last edited by Garrote; 06-28-2015 at 07:05 PM.

Incredible Member

The scene where he picks Kingpin up by the skin on his chest has always stuck with me. Peter out-Batmanned Batman.

I am not a fan of the story. While I understand Peter's angst throughout the arc, I felt that it went a bit overboard on the whole "dark" mood. In my opinion, the story had very little weight. The Kingpin/Peter confrontation unnerved me with how brutal and graphic it was, and I felt like the plot was just trying to over-do the whole "dark" tone.
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

BANNED

I thought it was superb, along with Sacasa and PAD's contributions.

It was the last truly great Spider-man story in comics.

I liked it at the time I read it for the first time, however I was like 12 when I read it so I feel that I have to read it again sometime soon. I really liked the story going on in Amazing (great art too) but I remember being confused that Peter was acting so serious in one title and like regular Peter in a different book.

might be my favorite scene in comics

Best story of the JMS era. That fight between Peter Parker and Wilson Fisk was better than anything DD could have done.

- Jason G. Carr

I loved it. The storyline is still one of my favorite Spidey arches to this day. I'll always be sad that the period of Peter's dual identity being public knowledge was not only cut short, but also the terrible way in which it ended. Marred forever by the abomination that is OMD, which I agreed with in principle but I can't stand behind the way it was executed.
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-29-2015 at 12:14 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post

might be my favorite scene in comics
    Indeed, seeing it even now gives me goose bumps.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."