Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Default If Marvel/Disney ever get the movie rights for X-Men back, what do you think might happen to the Inhumans?

It seems that Inhumans might serve as the stand in for mutants in the MCU and are getting a push in comics in anticipation of their movie and TV roles. If Marvel gets the film rights for the X-Men back, how would this affect the role of Inhumans in the MCU and comics? Would they continue to get their push?

Amazing Member

I hope not. The Inhumans are garbage compared to the X-Men.

That's a pretty massive 'if'. So long as 'fans' of the X-men continue to support the the films, there will be no happy ending. Fox will have no reason to relent on thier claim. The success of these films is litterally choking the life out of these characters.

If this continues long enough, I'd imagine that Disney/Marvel's interest in the X-men characters will completely evaporate, save for stalwarts like Wolverine.

Regardless of Disney and Fox' little feud, after a few years it won't matter at any rate. The span of attention for comics fans seems pretty limited in it's scope. Now that the Inhumans have cemented a large role in the Marvel Universe, in a few years most people discussing them in forums like this (and most definately the 'tumblr' contingent) will assume it was always so and there will be no looking back.

I'm pretty sure the Inhuamns are here to stay.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

The Inhumans will fade back to their original obscurity as the mutants once more hog all the attention. Ms. Marvel will likely continue to get pushed for a while since she's so far removed from the rest of them, but will get removed from all books after the readers have given up on her in favor of more Wolverine.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

If Marvel gets the movies back or even share the rights like they do with Spidey I think that's it for the Inhumans. They go back to being fairly minor in the comics and get sent to TV on the MCU side. Wolverine sells way more then any Inhuman, this is a business, that's how it will be.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Once the INHUMANS film hits and the comics start up, I think that'll be it for mutants outside of Wolverine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    That's a pretty massive 'if'. So long as 'fans' of the X-men continue to support the the films, there will be no happy ending. Fox will have no reason to relent on thier claim. The success of these films is litterally choking the life out of these characters.

If this continues long enough, I'd imagine that Disney/Marvel's interest in the X-men characters will completely evaporate, save for stalwarts like Wolverine.

Regardless of Disney and Fox' little feud, after a few years it won't matter at any rate. The span of attention for comics fans seems pretty limited in it's scope. Now that the Inhumans have cemented a large role in the Marvel Universe, in a few years most people discussing them in forums like this (and most definately the 'tumblr' contingent) will assume it was always so and there will be no looking back.

I'm pretty sure the Inhuamns are here to stay.
    No, Marvel is choking the life out of them. Don't make excuses for their pettiness.

This far into everything they are doing with the MCU, I don't think anything would happen to the InHumans and their direction.

They would absolutely restart the X-Engine though and work them into it all somehow.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

They'll get shipped right back into space.

No, seriously, I think there's going to be a push behind The Inhumans for quite some time. Joe Quesada has been The Inhumans biggest cheerleader over the years, and I think it's always bothered him that he couldn't develop a larger audience for the character despite the overall quality of the Inhumans material under his watch. I think as long as Joe holds a position at Marvel, he's going to keep pushing the characters.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Once the INHUMANS film hits and the comics start up, I think that'll be it for mutants outside of Wolverine.
    I don't. I think they'll be a somewhat reduced scale for the X-books, but there's too dedicated a fan base to leave out completely. I mean, they should have scaled back the X-books years ago when the quality began to slip, but they proved too damn popular. There's a certain kind of fan who is always to check out an X-book just because it's an X-book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    So let me get this straight, only "fans" like the X-Men films? Are you REALLY going the "No TRUE fan ..." route?

Incredible Member

The problem now is that the whole set of mutant properties and mutant hatred is played out and stale. It's been in a stagnant state for decades. With no social progress on the issue allowed to happen in the comics at all.

I'm not saying the Inhumans will be any better. In fact, seeing them being used as "mutants 2.0" I think is a disservice to the property.

Marvel will then capitalize on a Inhuman vs X-Men crossover event.

I hope not, I like that the X-men not part of the MCU it diminishes any hope of a Avenge vs X-men nonsense.
    Besides the fans of X-men get their wish of the X-men being in their own little world with no Marvel U. interference and connection and Marvel fans will no longer have to listen to the X-men ranting at the Avengers for not protecting mutants. Everyone wins.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Kelley View Post
    The problem now is that the whole set of mutant properties and mutant hatred is played out and stale. It's been in a stagnant state for decades. With no social progress on the issue allowed to happen in the comics at all.
    In the MU, there has been around 15 years from the reveal of the existence of mutants.

And M-Day changed everything entirely, it certainly wasn't "stagnant" at all.