Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Here's a better question. If Marvel does get the X-Men back, what is there left to do with them? They've done 3 Magneto films, Hellfire Club, Days of Future Past, and will do Apocalypse, Deadpool, Gambit, and more. They'll run out of stories for the X-Men when they get the movies back that it'll just be "Been there, Done That"

Though right now, Marvel really doesn't know what to do with the Inhumans. They seem to push Medusa so much, that she's a different character now. She used to be a hard ass queen who pushed others for her way, and now she's the super caring caretaker, a rule that usually is designated for Crystal. Hell, they don't know which Royal Family to focus on, and they keep adding more and more new characters that the book becomes very unfocused.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio1989 View Post
    I hope not, I like that the X-men not part of the MCU it diminishes any hope of a Avenge vs X-men nonsense.
    Besides the fans of X-men get their wish of the X-men being in their own little world with no Marvel U. interference and connection and Marvel fans will no longer have to listen to the X-men ranting at the Avengers for not protecting mutants. Everyone wins.
    It really would have a positive side but not everyone thinks that way.

Many fans of the X-mens for example do not want the mutants are expelled from Earth as some rumors say.

The X-men's fight for acceptance that would be the exact opposite and fans threaten to stop buying comics marvel if it occurs. The problem is not sharing the same universe, but this habit of putting heroes against heroes all the time.

And the way things are going will not be long to have a war between mutants and inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It really would have a positive side but not everyone thinks that way.

Many fans of the X-mens for example do not want the mutants are expelled from Earth as some rumors say.

The X-men's fight for acceptance that would be the exact opposite and fans threaten to stop buying comics marvel if it occurs. The problem is not sharing the same universe, but this habit of putting heroes against heroes all the time.

And the way things are going will not be long to have a war between mutants and inhumans.
    The way I see it now that the X-men and mutants are the sole super power of earth it will finally put to rest the various complaints of different super powered beings overcrowding and allow the whole Mutants vs humans war thus making the X-men the sole super hero team.

As to the comic, eh The X-men would be better off in a separate Universe similar to DC throwing the Justice Society in the Earth 2 titles.

"Inhu-what?"

Niffleheim

Marvel is never getting back the X-Men lol! IF and When they do the Inhuman will at least either have a push that expands their franchise or give them a push that will sustain them for years to come. Either way i'm fine with it let Fox keep churning out X-Movies so that the Inhumans can continue getting a push like they have been.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    Marvel will then capitalize on a Inhuman vs X-Men crossover event.
    They'll fight over who will get oppressed more.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Here's a better question. If Marvel does get the X-Men back, what is there left to do with them? They've done 3 Magneto films, Hellfire Club, Days of Future Past, and will do Apocalypse, Deadpool, Gambit, and more. They'll run out of stories for the X-Men when they get the movies back that it'll just be "Been there, Done That"

Though right now, Marvel really doesn't know what to do with the Inhumans. They seem to push Medusa so much, that she's a different character now. She used to be a hard ass queen who pushed others for her way, and now she's the super caring caretaker, a rule that usually is designated for Crystal. Hell, they don't know which Royal Family to focus on, and they keep adding more and more new characters that the book becomes very unfocused.
    There are so many stories left to be told with the X-Men. With that kind of thinking after the Avengers fight Thanos, all they have left is Kang and then no more Avengers movies. We could see the High Evolutionary in an X-Film, revisit the Phoenix Saga and get it better this time (even though I enjoyed 3, most didn't), there is more to the Hellfire club then what we have seen. This isn't even taking into account splinter teams like X-Force, X-Factor, New Mutants etc. Even besides all this, Spiderman was just rebooted and is getting another one again in the MCU. Nothing wrong with different takes on the same story, as long as the new take is good. Just saying "been there done that" is an oversimplification. Take the Nolan Batman trilogy, we had already seen all the villains he used in previous films but there were still some quality movies in there.

This is somewhat besides the point but Fox has more or less said after Apocalypse and the Wolverine 3 they are considering a reboot. At the very least we will be getting a Wolverine recast.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

The Inhumans are getting a movie and if generally liked I don't see them going back to having a minor role in the MU.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Disney will have to buy Fox to get the movie rights back.

If Disney did get the X-Men back today... Then the X-Men would sit on a shelf and not be used as a concept. Their best characters would be pilfered off and made into Inhumans. I mean, we're already many years into the Inhuman push and it is going to become quite huge this fall with the Agents of Shield show. By 2019, the Inhumans will be cemented as the baseline for how heroes with no defined origin story for their powers will become heroes and/or villains.

The X-Men as a concept doesn't matter any more. We have the Inhumans. If Marvel wants a team of Superhero Inhumans, then we can get one. It doesn't have to be related to Attilan or any of the other splinter groups. The only real value the X-Men have left are the characters. Of those, only a handful are independently marketable.

To be perfectly blunt, I think Marvel would rather get the Fantastic Four back rather than the X-Men, since the F4 license has so many of the iconic Marvel villains. The X-Men are great but they only bring heroes to the table. I mean does Disney really want Mr. Sinister, Sauron or Apocalypse? I think Galactus, Silver Surfer, Doom, etc. are more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    This is somewhat besides the point but Fox has more or less said after Apocalypse and the Wolverine 3 they are considering a reboot. At the very least we will be getting a Wolverine recast.
    The franchise should have ended with Days of Future Past. All of the lose ends were tied up. It had guest star roles from most of the characters who populated the first three movies. It had a happy ending for literally every character. Reboot the franchise and start fresh.

Instead, Fox is giving us a movie that will star prominent X-Men like Scott, Jean, Ororo, Jubilation and Kurt, none of whom will have their previous actors reprise their roles. Fox is literally casting an entirely new cast for these characters. Then they are going to make a third Wolverine film and THEN reboot...!?

/sigh
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 06-29-2015 at 12:13 AM.

Well, since the X-Men movies still make money, Fox isn't going to sell the rights back to Marvel. So it's a moot point. Marvel won't get the X-Men movie rights back. They just won't. It's not going to happen. It doesn't matter how much people beg and whine and talk about it. It's not going to happen. So why bother wasting time on a hypothetical question that's not going to happen?

Inhumans have been a pretty awkward fit, anyway. The X-Men are metaphors for oppressed minorities. The Inhumans were metaphors for inbred aristocratic rulers. They are literally polar opposites as concepts, so the attempt to retcon the Inhumans into being oppressed minorities has been incredible awkward, and largely required them to not use characters with any history.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Inhumans have been a pretty awkward fit, anyway. The X-Men are metaphors for oppressed minorities. The Inhumans were metaphors for inbred aristocratic rulers. They are literally polar opposites as concepts, so the attempt to retcon the Inhumans into being oppressed minorities has been incredible awkward, and largely required them to not use characters with any history.
    Inhumans can easily become metaphors for oppressed minorities and immigrants. When you crawl out of your cocoon, you don't just become a minority, you become a subject/citizen of an entirely separate country.

I don't know if you have read the Inhumans comic but it doesn't just star new characters. All of the established Inhumans are present and are important to the Inhuman corner of the universe. Of course they have to bring new characters in. The Inhumans need new blood to represent the shift in their status quo. Dante and Reader are two great nascent characters. Both could easily become much bigger deals in the future.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 06-29-2015 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Disney will have to buy Fox to get the movie rights back.

If Disney did get the X-Men back today... Then the X-Men would sit on a shelf and not be used as a concept. Their best characters would be pilfered off and made into Inhumans. I mean, we're already many years into the Inhuman push and it is going to become quite huge this fall with the Agents of Shield show. By 2019, the Inhumans will be cemented as the baseline for how heroes with no defined origin story for their powers will become heroes and/or villains.

The X-Men as a concept doesn't matter any more. We have the Inhumans. If Marvel wants a team of Superhero Inhumans, then we can get one. It doesn't have to be related to Attilan or any of the other splinter groups. The only real value the X-Men have left are the characters. Of those, only a handful are independently marketable.

To be perfectly blunt, I think Marvel would rather get the Fantastic Four back rather than the X-Men, since the F4 license has so many of the iconic Marvel villains. The X-Men are great but they only bring heroes to the table. I mean does Disney really want Mr. Sinister, Sauron or Apocalypse? I think Galactus, Silver Surfer, Doom, etc. are more important.

The franchise should have ended with Days of Future Past. All of the lose ends were tied up. It had guest star roles from most of the characters who populated the first three movies. It had a happy ending for literally every character. Reboot the franchise and start fresh.

Instead, Fox is giving us a movie that will star prominent X-Men like Scott, Jean, Ororo, Jubilation and Kurt, none of whom will have their previous actors reprise their roles. Fox is literally casting an entirely new cast for these characters. Then they are going to make a third Wolverine film and THEN reboot...!?

/sigh
    I have to say I don't see the X-Men ever getting re-written as Inhumans on a large scale, I think a lot of people thought that was what was going to happen with Quicksilver and SW in Uncanny Avengers but the ending was pretty vague and they certainly aren't Inhumans, heck they aren't even Inhumans in the film. They X-Men already have a much larger fan base then the Inhumans and the outside the comic book reading community the general public has much more knowledge of them because of the existing movies. As for the reboot/recast yes they are using new characters but they are playing younger versions of the ones that have been already featured. You can use Hugh Jackman in every film because Logan doesn't age but that doesn't apply to everyone. It's a prequel that's all.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

The X-Men are doing FINE with Fox and are making a universe for itself, so no it won't back to Marvel. That said the Inhumans won't be as memorable as mutants, because of Marvel trying to make a franchise out of them where there are no goods stories for them except the Paul Jenkins series.

I wouldn't call it stagnant. It represents division in the modern world which is far from over even with all the developments recently.

Plus if anything m-day made it stagnant because the chances of meeting someone who has met s mutant, let alone meeting a mutant, are almost impossible.