Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

They'll be as successful as they are now... meaning not very.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    This is somewhat besides the point but Fox has more or less said after Apocalypse and the Wolverine 3 they are considering a reboot. At the very least we will be getting a Wolverine recast.
    Who said? When? I've not heard anything from Fox about a reboot. Especially considering you ALSO have New Mutants to follow, who knows how many films Deadpool or Gambit will get if the first ones are a success, and continued speculation of a X-Force film and a X-Factor series. All the information we have on the X-Films going forward is that Fox intends to GROW the franchise from where it exists right now, not toss it all and start from scratch.

Boisterously Confused

As others have said, not gonna happen. Nonetheless,

I'd expect that there would be limitations on how many films Disney can actually produce (to say nothing of what the market will bear). It would depend on how Inhumans was performing on the screen when they got the X-properties back, but Disney would have to be very tempted to try and tap the X-fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Here's a better question. If Marvel does get the X-Men back, what is there left to do with them? They've done 3 Magneto films, Hellfire Club, Days of Future Past, and will do Apocalypse, Deadpool, Gambit, and more. They'll run out of stories for the X-Men when they get the movies back that it'll just be "Been there, Done That"...
    I'd submit they've done a weak, pale imitation of the Hellfire club. If you reboot the franchise, and restore the HC to its original concept as a cabal of ruthless super-0.01%ers out to dominate the world, I'd think you could do a multi-film series with them as the villains. That would especially work if they were low key or invisible in the first film, with the X-Men dealing with the HC's agents, like the Hellions.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio1989 View Post
    The way I see it now that the X-men and mutants are the sole super power of earth it will finally put to rest the various complaints of different super powered beings overcrowding and allow the whole Mutants vs humans war thus making the X-men the sole super hero team.

As to the comic, eh The X-men would be better off in a separate Universe similar to DC throwing the Justice Society in the Earth 2 titles.
    Seriously? The X-Men and the rest of the Marvel universe have shared the same Earth for over half a century and I don't recall people complaining about that until recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Who said? When? I've not heard anything from Fox about a reboot. Especially considering you ALSO have New Mutants to follow, who knows how many films Deadpool or Gambit will get if the first ones are a success, and continued speculation of a X-Force film and a X-Factor series. All the information we have on the X-Films going forward is that Fox intends to GROW the franchise from where it exists right now, not toss it all and start from scratch.
    As I understand they might cover similar tracks with young version of O5 like they did in first two films since timeline got shifted around and Apocalypse didn't wake up in original time-line.

To build up on an earlier post, I'd be pretty pissed off if Ms. Marvel becomes a casualty in this possibility.

the damage is already done.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    They'll be as successful as they are now... meaning not very.
    I'll go with this one. Marvel is forcing it, ask Fraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z View Post
    Seriously? The X-Men and the rest of the Marvel universe have shared the same Earth for over half a century and I don't recall people complaining about that until recent years.
    Things change. Whether you like it or not the X-men are stuck with FOX indefinitely Marvel is doing the right choice by making the X-men more segregated from Marvel U. the always seemed better off in their own little world.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    To build up on an earlier post, I'd be pretty pissed off if Ms. Marvel becomes a casualty in this possibility.
    I seriously doubt this would happen. There's too much good will towards Ms Marvel to put Kamala out to pasture. I suspect as long as Sana Amanat is working for Marvel, we will have a Kamala Khan book in some form.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

We would finally see Marvel push the X-men again.This would rejuvenate the X-men. Introducing another generation to the concept of the X-men. The Inhumans would probably be in the position they are in now minus the fart cloud on earth. With 1 book focusing on them.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    I seriously doubt this would happen. There's too much good will towards Ms Marvel to put Kamala out to pasture. I suspect as long as Sana Amanat is working for Marvel, we will have a Kamala Khan book in some form.
    Good will means nothing. If the higher-ups want Kamala gone, they'll have her gone.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Good will means nothing. If the higher-ups want Kamala gone, they'll have her gone.
    We agree with one caveat: If the higher-ups aren't making enough money off of Kamala, they'll have her gone. If she's good for enough coin, especially coin The House Of The Mouse need not share with Fox, they'll figure out how to keep her.

They'd only want her gone if she stopped making them money. All movie stuff aside, a successful comic is a successful comic, and Marvel isn't in the habit of cancelling successful comics.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

The only way the higher ups would want Kamala gone would be if her book is no longer profitable, as DrNewGod states. That's not the case right now, and her book seems to have grown in popularity after the release of collections. This is Marvel's most vital new character in years, and they will ride that wave as long as possible. The overall Inhumans situation will probably have little effect on her book.