Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ishikabe View Post
    They could always sell the comic rights for Spider-Man off to DC if post Secret Wars doesn't work out.
    It is hilarious.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyparker75 View Post
    Dont get me wrong Im loving the story but with news of potentially 50 plus new titles launching in its aftermath (and some seemingly during) I thought the idea from Marvels point of view was to reduce the amount of titles out there and streamline the releases?.
    I'm pretty sure that reducing the number of titles being published was never an objective.

Incredible Member

What does it matter what the point is? The book is fun. This is honestly the first time I have had fun reading Marvel since Claremont's X-Men run.

Frankly, I wish Battleworld was here to stay. It is far more interesting than New York City.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyparker75 View Post
    Stupid question number 13 from me I know but what really is the point of Secret Wars? Dont get me wrong Im loving the story but with news of potentially 50 plus new titles launching in its aftermath (and some seemingly during) I thought the idea from Marvels point of view was to reduce the amount of titles out there and streamline the releases?
    Why would they want to do that?!? Unless you throw enough weird stuff / crap against the wall, how are you going to find the next big, unexpected thing?!?

If they followed your line of thinking, where would things like Spider-Gwen fit in? If you reduce the amount of product you produce, you may alienate people who don't like what you chose to focus on. And what happens when a formerly-popular franchise becomes stale and uninteresting to the general public? How do you make up for those lost sales?

As for "news of potentially 50 plus new titles launching in its aftermath", how many of those 50 titles are truly "new" and "different" from what they had pre-Secret Wars, and how many are really just relaunching their big-name books with a new "First Fantabulous Collectors Issue!!!" for the umpteenth time as opposed to just resuming the numbering from the previous run?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    There isn't.... oh wait, money.

... man, I'm negative today.
    No, you're a realist. How many times in the past has Marvel fallen back to "let's just relaunch the book with a new 'First Issue!' to generate more buzz and to cause the dealers to up their orders for at least a few months"? (Son of Marvel NOW, anyone?)

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    There is such a thing as making money AND making good stories at the same time.
    The two are not mutually exclusive, but not everything that makes money is good, and not everything that's good makes money.
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

“He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

“[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by ishikabe View Post
    They could always sell the comic rights for Spider-Man off to DC if post Secret Wars doesn't work out.
    ugh...what?

BANNED

It started as a story and Marvel's marketing department expanded it from there.

I don't care for whatever real reason its happening, this is easily some of the best writing in years from Marvel...Hickman is the man! To give us a reality where Doom is God Emperor over ALL...is just AWESOME! That needs to be the status quo for all time