View Poll Results: Are You Excited for the new X-Men Comics?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am very excited for these X-Men.

48 29.81%
  • No, I don't like these options.

62 38.51%
  • I do not have enough information yet.

51 31.68%
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Many fans have been calling for there to be feeer x-books with each having a more clear purpose. Maybe this is them attempting to do that. So either the trim the number of books down or keep the line bloated; either way some will be unhappy while others unhappy.

There is also plenty of room for more men titles to be announced, so maybe we will see more.
    I really like that all titles have a different cast and direction. It's something we haven't seen in a good while.
    That said, I do think the line is a little too small. The amount of books titled X-men is fine, but I think there's room for a new X-force book starring Cyclops and the other missing mutants and another teen/school book maybe with Emma as the mentor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    None of those books interest me. I will save my money.
    I tried to warn you that Rachel was going to be erased from the Marvel Universe but you refused to listen.

There's obviously going to be another book launched with Emma Frost, Cyclops , Kitty Pryde, the real Wolverine and (God forbid) Beast later on in the year at some stage. Probably Astonishing X-Men.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    I tried to warn you that Rachel was going to be erased from the Marvel Universe but you refused to listen.
    She isn't erased.

Her fate is worse.

It's limbo and Marvel will taunt me with short cameos of false hope.

Teen Jean will make sure Rachel gets a decent redundancy package.

I also don't see the All New X-Men book lasting very long without Jean. Might mean they go back to their reality ASAP so some other writer has to clean up Bendis mess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    There's obviously going to be another book launched with Emma Frost, Cyclops , Kitty Pryde, the real Wolverine and (God forbid) Beast later on in the year at some stage. Probably Astonishing X-Men.
    You think? I wouldn't count on it. I don't think Marvel are particularly interested in replicating AXM's success. Plus, they've effectively removed 4 of the 5 most popular X-Characters from the books now (Scott, Logan, Rogue, Jean). I don't think that's by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    You think? I wouldn't count on it. I don't think Marvel are particularly interested in replicating AXM's success. Plus, they've effectively removed 4 of the 5 most popular X-Characters from the books now (Scott, Logan, Rogue, Jean). I don't think that's by accident.
    Yeah definitely. All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men and Extraordinary X-Men. One of those books will fail in sales miserably and it won't be Uncanny X-Men. Within 6 months you'll have a new flagship book. This is how WATXM and Amazing X-Men were temp flagships all over again. It's like how Bendis Uncanny launched a few months after All New X-Men.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Ok...
    I like Bagley, always have, no major opinion on the writer, I'll give it a shot but I have a feeling that without Jeen its not going to work as well.
    Cullen Bunn on Magneto has been freaking amazing and I"m interested in seeing what he does with the bigger cast. I would rather just about anyone other than Mystique and Sabertooth however but still impressed with Bunn. Land though, that hurts.
    I like most of the cast of Extraordinary and the art in the preview looks good, the writer seems to have a good take so cautiously optimistic. Hopefully its finally a good take on Storm and not the flat boring retread we've been served up for so long.

The lack of other major characters (Cyclops, Frost, Cable, Rachel etc) is worrying but does still fuel the hope for a summers family road trip. I'd buy the hell out of that.

I may have to try Uncanny Avengers again now that RR is gone. (Spiderman and Rogue are two of my favorite characters) but it has a long way to go to prove itself.

I don't think there was anything truly offensive announced (Other than Land...) but at the same time theres very little to cement any of these as a must have. Except Magik, we can always use more Magik.

i have seen nothing from today that indicates marvel want x-men to be successful. this is a lethal injection by terrigen and old talent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Why would Rachel be in a Summers family book?
    When she is standing right next to an alt version of her daddy on the cover of X-Traordinary X-Men!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Cullen Bunn and Greg Land...

this is a fate worse than death for this franchise
    HEY Cullen Bunn's a great Marvel Writer, it's Greg Land we have ot worry about.

BANNED

Check the starkat thread, kitty is the new star lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Check the starkat thread, kitty is the new star lord.
    Is Peter Quill missing as well? Maybe it's not just Scott and Emma then?

BANNED

Is Peter Quill missing as well? Maybe it's not just Scott and Emma then?
    He was elected president of the Spartax Empire right before SW, so that's probably why he's no longer active.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    He was elected president of the Spartax Empire right before SW, so that's probably why he's no longer active.
    But he made it onto the raft right?