View Poll Results: Are You Excited for the new X-Men Comics?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am very excited for these X-Men.

48 29.81%
  • No, I don't like these options.

62 38.51%
  • I do not have enough information yet.

51 31.68%
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by organichalyon View Post
    Since when are they listing Deadpool as a X title?
    Deadpool is tied to the X-Men's history and had mutant powers grafted into him. His movie rights also belong to Fox just like the other X-Characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    Of course not. I don't care about one's extraneous rank, I care about quality illustrating. I don't feel Bagley, regardless of his tier in the industry, is a quality artist.
    Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

And mine is mine.

They may announce another book where Cyke and the rest are in exile
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    Deadpool is tied to the X-Men's history and had mutant powers grafted into him. His movie rights also belong to Fox just like the other X-Characters.
    Thanks T-Bird. I know about his X-Men history but never thought Marvel would make him an official X-Family title...

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    What praise?
    I should have clarified. I was referring to the feigned praise of current Marvel staff.

Who really thought that was a good idea? It doesn't make it a creative achievement just because it didn't die off as fast as everyone was expecting.

P.S. On a bright note, I *am* glad to see there aren't fifty satellite titles (yet). I would love to see New Mutants, X-Force and Generation X characters play a part in the current books, but Idc about the Miscellaneous Adventures of Serval. I would love to see them incorporated into the main teams like how the Avengers are now incorporating Miss America, Hawkeye, Nico, etc. instead of multiple (or even single) versions of Iceman.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 06-29-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPresley21 View Post
    So if more titles aren't announced this has to be the lowest amount of X-Titles sense the 80's right ?

Extraordinary X-Men
    Uncanny X-Men
    All-New X-Men
    Wolverine
    Old Man Logan
    Deadpool

and I guess if you want to count Uncanny Avengers and Inhumans.Just seems so odd to see so few X-Men books when I was growing up you had Uncanny,X-Men,X-Force,X-Factor,Excailbur,Wolverine,Deadpool,Cable,Generati on X...ect

In away I am kind of happy that the X-Men side of things looks to have been streamlined and each book will have its own voice and direction.
    Many fans have been calling for there to be feeer x-books with each having a more clear purpose. Maybe this is them attempting to do that. So either the trim the number of books down or keep the line bloated; either way some will be unhappy while others unhappy.

There is also plenty of room for more men titles to be announced, so maybe we will see more.

One major con for me is the lack of Cable. But Marvel made it up to me by bringing back Logan, or some version of him anyway (the best one actually, at least IMO). So it's kind of a wash there in terms of favorite characters.

Not sure I'm crazy about everything else they're doing, though. And this whole thing with the Inhumans kind of scares me, as I don't really like Marvel co-mingling those groups the way they've done with the X-men and Avengers already. It feels like they just keep diluting the brand further and further. But I'll give it a shot and see where it goes. Not sure I'm ready to give up on my mutants just yet.

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPresley21 View Post

In away I am kind of happy that the X-Men side of things looks to have been streamlined and each book will have its own voice and direction.
    Expect the streamlining to continue. When we're due for another Marvel overhaul in a few years, the X-Line might more closely resemble 1973 than the late 80's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    To each his own. I always loved Bagleys art. Him working together with Hopeless (who did great work with Cable, although I am still somewhat grumpy about his having worked on the copycat Hunger Games book) is making want to buy the comic. Can't say the same for the other books so far.
    TBH, Arena was actually a very entertaining and well-written book, and a superb drama that was actually more about how the characters related to one another than it was about them killing each other (especially considering only one, Apex, was actually in it to win it). Its key flaw was that it didn't exist in a vacuum, and that you had several characters with loyal followings from prior series (X-23, Hazmat and Mettle, Nico and Chase, Darkhawk, and Juston) being put into a scenario where it's "Anyone Can Die." That it was advertised as all deaths were going to stick and no reset button is a big part of what turned a lot of people against it. Hell, the outcry when Nico was killed got so bad they actually RELEASED THE PREVIEW OF THE NEXT ISSUE EARLY revealing that she was actually going to be ok just to quiet the uproar.

Had it been a completely original cast, I don't think you'd have seen nearly as much outrage over the series.

And as far as comparing it to Hunger Games, just keep in mind that even Hunger Games just ran with a concept used by another work (Battle Royale).

So much negativity in this thread....good lord. Marvel puts top talent (Bendis) on the X-books: Fans: "Their doing this to ruin the franchise!" Marvel puts any other writer: Fans: "Look, they aren't even giving us good writers and artists!" As if your personal preference is a universally recognized truth. Personally, Jeff Lemire has been doing a great job recently and Ramos is great--and has been a regular on what is the best-selling title at Marvel: Spider-Man. To call that anything but putting one of their top artists on the book is blatantly ignoring this fact.

Since most of this is just rumor (and Bleeding Cool is usually only partly right--read: "Terrigen Mists will force all mutants off Earth!" Apparently not, though something is going on with mutant reactions to Terrigen Mists), I'm going to reserve judgement on the other books. I must admit, though, the more Mr. Bunn writes Magneto, the happier I'll be!

Extraordinary X-Men sounds good to me. I'm happy to see Old Man Logan anywhere and I've always loved Colossus and Magik. Frankly, I'm really happy to see them focusing on some of the main X-Men again (or alternate versions of them, anyway). The New X-Men and other new characters created during and after Morrison's run never really grabbed my interest--actually, Morrison's run is when I stopped reading X-Men all together. No quitting in rage or anything, I just wasn't enjoying them anymore.

Also, I have to wonder if Marvel is deliberately creating an Inhumans vs X-Men vibe in this book because of all the insane internet-rage over the Inhumans "replacing" the X-Men. If they are? Cheers! It's hilarious. Prior to this, there was little to no interaction between the two, the rivalry was completely created on message boards. I'm kind of hoping this is what Marvel is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    The only artist that has my interest is Sorrentino - yet they teamed him with Lemire, the dry Saltine cracker of comic scripting.

The rest of them are so ridiculously dated. Ramos, Land, Bagley - their art is so out of the current zeitgeist.
    Only 40 year olds read xmen, we arent part of the zeitgiest like Chip Zadarsky and Matt Fraction!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

pretty stoked to not be seeing Cyclops, Emma (who i love but she was becoming pointless and over exposed. pun.), or even Kitty. I know that there are some majorly tired over used characters still but Lemire's interview has me excited by what's going down. I like the idea of this tiny band of X-Men on the hunt for the other "lost" X-men. it's a premise we haven't seen in a while.

Plus, that means that the only real X-men/mutants left in the MU are so far confirmed as:

Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Jeen, OML, Magik, Deadpool, Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, O5,X-23, Fantomex (ugh), Beast, and DAZZLER! way to survive the crunch babygirl.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 06-29-2015 at 04:34 PM.

And Sunspot and Rogue. Apparently BC just updated the Uncanny Avengers roster to include Roberto and scratched out Human Torch: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/...marveloctober/

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    And Sunspot and Rogue. Apparently BC just updated the Uncanny Avengers roster to include Roberto and scratched out Human Torch: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/...marveloctober/
    Stegman....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And as far as comparing it to Hunger Games, just keep in mind that even Hunger Games just ran with a concept used by another work (Battle Royale).
    Yeah, I know. Still, it was very obvious that it was a cynical ploy by Marvel to make money off the Hunger Games craze. That Hopeless managed to make something okay out of it is to his credit.

Still unhappy about Mettle dying. Dude was a bro.