View Poll Results: Are You Excited for the new X-Men Comics?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am very excited for these X-Men.

48 29.81%
  • No, I don't like these options.

62 38.51%
  • I do not have enough information yet.

51 31.68%
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    according to bleeding cool, there is several things coming up for x-men after the secret wars. this is not official marvel yet, but i don't see any reason for them to publish all this if it weren't legit.

all-new x-men: relaunched by dennis hopeless and mark bagley. jean quits the team, and the rest of them are in a vw camper.

old man logan: jeff lemire and andrea sorrentino continue old logan.

x-23 solo: this is by tom taylor and david lopez for her solo story.

deadpool: he is resurrected with creative team of Gerry dugan and mike hawthorne.

uncanny x-men: cullen bunn takes over the flagship and marvel welcomes back greg land to the title. the new x-men line up will be magneto, sabretooth, psylocke, fantomex, and mystique.

extraordinary x-men: jeff lemire and humberto ramos. this team will be giving us old man logan, storm, nightcrawler, young jean, colossus, magik, and old iceman.
    The return of Greg Land! NOOO. It's a shame because I actually like Cullen Bunn's Magneto and the book's concept and cast is good even if it's way too similar to X-force. The good thing is that Land, despite all the tracing, is not very fast, so he won't be the only artist.
    Extraordinary X-men sounds fun, the cast is pretty good, IMO. It's the classic cast of Storm, Nightcrawler and Colossus, plus Magik (who I'm pretty happy to see remaining a part of the main team) and two different versions of Logan and Jean.
    I hope there's another teen book as well.

I'll give all this a shot. Wonder what happens to adult Cyclops, though? Or NuAngel for that matter? Adult Beast clearly sells out and goes to the Inhumans, we know that.

And if we end up with two different versions of Iceman where the younger one is gay but the older one is straight (or in the closet), that will be kind of a head-scratcher IMO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    If Cullen Bunn is writing Magneto, then it's worth buying. I don't agree with calling this team Uncanny X-men, but I'm all for it so long as he's leading the charge with Magneto.

With All-New X-men, I think this confirms what we already knew. The O5 are staying in the future. However, I'm curious about Jean Grey's fate. She's been the driving force of All-New X-men since it began. Taking her out of the equation is probably going to hinder it in a big way. But if it means that O5 Jean joins the main team in Extraordinary X-men with adult Cyclops and Storm, then I'm all for that. I think with her power levels and recent accomplishments, she's earned a spot on the team. Plus, it'll give her a chance to hone her skills.

Overall, I like what I'm hearing. I have my concerns, but it's nothing that's worth getting worked up about. It's not finalized, but Bleeding Cool has a fairly solid reputation so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. All I know is that October can't come fast enough.
    Jeen is confirmed for Extraordinary. No sign of adult Cyclops.

Question is, will Old Man Logan start creeping on Jeen? And with Jeen out of the picture will Laura drop Warren like a bad habit (especially if he's going full-on Archangel. She did NOT like him in X-Force) and set her sights on Scott again?

Shippers, start your engines.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    They went from Staurt Immonen, Chris Bachalo and Frazier Irving to Greg Land, Humberto Ramos, and Mark Bagley

Irrelevant franchise
    Um, Mark Bagley is fricking awesome. Agree about Land, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    according to bleeding cool, there is several things coming up for x-men after the secret wars. this is not official marvel yet, but i don't see any reason for them to publish all this if it weren't legit.

all-new x-men: relaunched by dennis hopeless and mark bagley. jean quits the team, and the rest of them are in a vw camper.

old man logan: jeff lemire and andrea sorrentino continue old logan.

x-23 solo: this is by tom taylor and david lopez for her solo story.

deadpool: he is resurrected with creative team of Gerry dugan and mike hawthorne.

uncanny x-men: cullen bunn takes over the flagship and marvel welcomes back greg land to the title. the new x-men line up will be magneto, sabretooth, psylocke, fantomex, and mystique.

extraordinary x-men: jeff lemire and humberto ramos. this team will be giving us old man logan, storm, nightcrawler, young jean, colossus, magik, and old iceman.
    Interesting and not what I was expecting.The Extraordinary and Uncanny teams are very interesting.The Uncanny team has the vibe of "Dark Avengers" and a team of Magneto,Mystique,Sabertooth,Fantomex and Psylocke as the flag ship team is odd,again has a Dark Avengers/X-Force feel but I like the line up.

The Extraordinary team is also pretty interesting and more of a true X-Men team with Storm,Nightcrawler,Colossus,Iceman and Magik as the true X-MEN with young Jean and Old Man Logan joining up.

If these are the main titles for the X-Men side of things its really odd that the biggest star and the one with the most focus over the last few years and arguably the most important X-Men ever in Cyclops is not in any of the titles.The new X-Men side of things without Xavier,Cyclops,Wolverine,Jean Grey and Beast is going to be very odd to see.Kind of like how the Avengers side of things having Cap,Thor,Spider-Man and Hulk kind off of the table or in the background role.

No Emma? I am loosing interest...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    They gave the flagship title to a writer who isn't even Marvel exclusive.

It looks like Extraordinary is the new flagship title, but Marvel was too cowardly not to put out an Uncanny X-Men title for the underinformed comic book fan.

Old Man Logan is obviously the new Wolverine, but then they give Wolverine to someone else. For someone like me who follows only the major titles this is kind of a nightmare.
    The writing has been on the wall for a LONG time that X-23 was going to be taking up the mantle, as Soule was subtly setting her up for it (hell, they outright GIVE her one of his old costumes in an incredibly meta issue directly addressing the struggles of Legacy Characters). So no, OML wasn't "obviously" the new Wolverine.

I'm thinking OML will just go by Logan. Or possibly Weapon X (which I would like).

Regardless, he's not Wolverine anymore. Makes sense considering what he's been through. At least IMO.

Look forward to seeing some promo art soon.

Wow, that's garbage. Don't care for the line ups and really don't like the creative teams.

Didn't we already try this Sabretooth/Mystique on an X-team with X-Factor in the '90s?

BANNED

Remember when Marvel gave a damn about this franchise and rejuvenated it with Grant Morrison, Peter Milligan, and Joe Casey

now we got some stale oatmeal writers and the worst trio of regular Marvel artists on board

The artists wouldn't have been my first pick but they do tend to get big gigs. I was hoping for a more drastic overhaul but I'll wait and see how all of this fits in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'll give all this a shot. Wonder what happens to adult Cyclops, though? Or NuAngel for that matter? Adult Beast clearly sells out and goes to the Inhumans, we know that.

And if we end up with two different versions of Iceman where the younger one is gay but the older one is straight (or in the closet), that will be kind of a head-scratcher IMO.
    Yeah, I just noticed that too. The lack of adult Cyclops is somewhat troubling. He was hinted at being involved in Uncanny Inhumans on a teaser page. Is it possible that he could follow Beast? I doubt it, but I get the sense that Marvel wants him to step aside for a while because he's been in recovery mode from the aftermath of AvX for years now. It might help in the long run, but given his actions in Secret Wars I have a hard time seeing how he can stay sidelined. I'd much rather see him in Extraordinary with the main cast. He may still have a role, but it's hard to say.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The writing has been on the wall for a LONG time that X-23 was going to be taking up the mantle, as Soule was subtly setting her up for it (hell, they outright GIVE her one of his old costumes in an incredibly meta issue directly addressing the struggles of Legacy Characters). So no, OML wasn't "obviously" the new Wolverine.
    Of course he is. He is in arguably the main X-Men book. Jean was the only power player in All-New and they stole here. Now it is a bunch of scrubs and X-23.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    Remember when Marvel gave a damn about this franchise and rejuvenated it with Grant Morrison, Peter Milligan, and Joe Casey

now we got some stale oatmeal writers and the worst trio of regular Marvel artists on board
    What the hell is people's problem with Bagley? Do clean art, excellent character drawings and a sense for action disgust people now?

BANNED

I don't know how to say it. It looks like the construction lines on his faces are always "not level" with one side dropping. Posing and story telling is boring. It looks real stiff. Anatomy and proportions look good.
    Last edited by DDD; 06-29-2015 at 10:21 AM.