Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    I agree and disagree. DC could have used him better but I think Superman with Lobdell who's ideas were great, was a good choice. Anyway it is what it is, hopefully TT gets someone good and hopefully Rocafort has a good time at Marvel (if it is exclusive)
    No, it wasn't. Lobdell was pretty forgetable and it dragged Rocafort art too.

I'm a big Rocafort fan and wished he had moved back to Superman. I hope TT gets Bengal or Ricken whose art I've just seen for the first time thanks to Airtrap and now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed one of those two take over.

Rats. I hadn't seen his work in quite some time honestly as he wasn't working on anything I was reading, but I was hoping he'd be put on a better title soon. And unless I'm incredibly surprised, post-Secret Wars Marvel looks like the type of clutter-reality setups that I absolutely loathe, so I won't be venturing there either.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Now one this one really stings, wasn't too upset at losing Soule even though I enjoyed his books, but Rocafort was one of my top 3 DC artists. Had hoped to see him on a Batman book or back on Superman.

He definitely deserved more higher profile work at DC.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Fantastic Member

I don't think he was ideal for Teen Titans, but he's not as big of a drag on the book as Pfeifer. The book is boring largely because of his writing. An artist like Ricken or Bengal would make a lot more sense for TT but I'm not giving it another chance with the current writer.

Incredible Member

Such a waste of a talented artist the past few years.

He should have done GL or Cyborg.

Last edited by SmokeMonster; 06-30-2015 at 08:33 AM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    I don't think he was ideal for Teen Titans, but he's not as big of a drag on the book as Pfeifer. The book is boring largely because of his writing. An artist like Ricken or Bengal would make a lot more sense for TT but I'm not giving it another chance with the current writer.
    Rocafort was the only reason I was even willing to give TT a second try but Pfeifer's lackluster writing was what eventually lead me to drop it after not quite two issues. It was just so boring to me.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ouch. But DC really should have had him on a better book then TT.
    This.

His Alien/Fantasy environments are fantastic, and he should have been on something better suited to that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post

GL? Maybe.

Cyborg? No. Not with Ivan Reis on art chores, one of DC's elite artists currently.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post

His Alien/Fantasy environments are fantastic, and he should have been on something better suited to that.
    I didn't realize this until I saw his latest Teen Titans work. His strength really is not in grounded storytelling.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 06-30-2015 at 09:55 AM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    This.

Yeah, he should have been on a cosmic or fantasy based title. Something like Green Lantern or I'd have liked to have seen what he would have done with Sword of Sorcery or Demon Knights a while back. I love his work a lot and he will be missed here but if Marvel offered him a better gig I can't blame the guy for taking it. I wish him the best of luck.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-30-2015 at 09:56 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post

Would have been perfect for Legion...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Awww and I wanted him on Green Lantern this is really sad
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Is he exclusive with Marvel? Or can he work with both?
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Incredible Member

Really??? Sigh.
    I loved his artwork and I agree that he was severely underused in DC comics but I was hoping DC would give him a chance he could move onto better books. I hope he works at both companies but history tells me otherwise like the instance with Charles Soule so I doubt it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Ricken is a lady.
    Thanks didn't know and i stupidly assumed wrong, i'm looking forward to her work.