Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Levtiz Bids Huntress and Power Girl a "Worlds' Finest" Farewell

"Worlds' Finest" writer Paul Levitz discusses changing protagonists, stepping away from the weekly "World's End" series and his non-DC work.

Full article here.

Always Rakzo

Oh, dammit! I thought that Levitz was leaving the book based on the title!

You frikking tease.

I just started another thread while they were posting this. To wit, Diamond's saying #27 is the final issue of the series in their product changes announced today:

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/958

• Worlds’ Finest #26 (JUN140190, $2.99) is not the final issue of the series. This issue’s solicitation erroneously notes it as such. The series’ actual final issue, #27, will be solicited in the July PREVIEWS.
    So I'm still confused.

More here:

http://community.comicbookresources....27-Final-Issue
    Last edited by Spiderboy12; 05-27-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post
    I just started another thread while they were posting this. To wit, Diamond's saying issue #27 as the final issue of the series in their product changes announced today:

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/958

So I'm still confused.

More here:

http://community.comicbookresources....27-Final-Issue
    I believe they are talking about #27 will be the last of Power Girl and Huntress before they switch to Batman and Superman. Since PG/Huntress are going to be featured in the weekly.

BANNED

I think it will just switch from power girl and huntres to batman/superman from earth 2 pre darkseid invasion...
    the title of the book can change, so the issue #27 is last issue. IDK this is confusing me.

Hope Levitz will tell less boring stories...I know that Pak will tell a one shot of earth 2 batman/superman in his batman/superman book. Maybe they should just do a Earth 2 Trinity and give more spotlight to WW

Another Batman/Superman book.

Because we totally needed one.

(on a positive note: the book is back to the real owners of it and maybe this book will give Earth 2 a better chance to develop it's better characters)

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    I believe they are talking about #27 will be the last of Power Girl and Huntress before they switch to Batman and Superman. Since PG/Huntress are going to be featured in the weekly.
    Nope. The interview with Levitz just posted by CBR (which happened while I was writing the first post in the other thread) clearly states that #27 is the first issue with Batman and Superman of Earth-2.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

What precisely would differ this from Batman/Superman outside that Bruce is with Selina and Clark with Lois?

Looks like it's time to jump back onto this book. I love the Earth 2 title and concept, and getting a steady diet of 'before Darkseid" stories will be awesome.

And I am sure there will be guest stars aplenty (especially Wonder Woman). There is no reason why "Worlds Finest" need only be about Bats & Supes.
    Top 6 Legionnaires: Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Polar Boy, Shadow Lass, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy

Recent favorite books: Black Science, Five Ghosts, and LOW

Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    What precisely would differ this from Batman/Superman outside that Bruce is with Selina and Clark with Lois?
    Add to this statement that there has also been quite a bit of interaction with these guys in Batman/Superman already. I'm surprised they aren't changing the title of the book to Batman/Superman: Earth-2 (in very small print of course).

BANNED

another earth, more experienced superheroes...

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

They are older than their Earth-1 counterparts. They are married and a bit more jaded. Helena Wayne is Robin and Kara is Supergirl. Also, there are only 8 heroes on Earth-2 at that time (from Earth 2 #0) - Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Robin, Supergirl, Catwoman, Mr. 8 (Terry Sloan) and an 8th that he (Terry Sloan) says he won't mention for reasons that will be explained - I took it to be Mr. Terrific

Incredible Member Jonah Weiland's Avatar

Thanks for pointing out the Previews note -- we're contacting DC for an update.
    -- Jonah Weiland
    -- Just Another Comic Book Fan
    Tweets | Webs
    | 'grams

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Another Batman/Superman book.

Because we totally needed one.

(on a positive note: the book is back to the real owners of it and maybe this book will give Earth 2 a better chance to develop it's better characters)
    I'm probably in the minority of one...but I don't look at this as being "Another Batman/Superman book". I can pick this one up without having to know what is going on in all the other Batman and Superman books. I'd actually pick up an Earth 2 Batman and Earth 2 Superman book. I won't pick up any of the Prime Earth Batman or Superman families.

All-New Member

This is ridiculously stupid. I buy this title because I want to read about Power Girl and Huntress. I already collect all the other Super Titles. And now I'm going to be forced to buy a weekly I can't afford to keep up with Karen and Helena? This is Bull Carp!