Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NightWarrior View Post
    OMG, Guys, Ramos is saying that according to Lemire this comic is called "X-Men" but it really is "Magik's book"
    She is essential and important to the story considering what Ramos drew so far.
    Yay, more Magik.

Quote Originally Posted by NightWarrior View Post
    OMG, Guys, Ramos is saying that according to Lemire this comic is called "X-Men" but it really is "Magik's book"
    She is essential and important to the story considering what Ramos drew so far.
    Good news!
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

BANNED

So another solo disguised as a team book?

Glad that Magik is maintaining prominence. It just hit me that she has either appeared in or been a team member for the first issue of every single relaunch of the flagship. Awesome!
    Last edited by Magik Man; 07-07-2015 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    So another solo disguised as a team book?
    Well, at least there is a book at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Magik Man View Post
    Glad that Magik is maintaining prominence. It just hit me that she has either appeared in or been a team member for the first issue of every single relaunch of the flagship. Awesome!
    Well, what's not to love about Magik ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Magik Man View Post
    The fact that Magik and Colossus are together again is one of the only reasons I'm following this.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-20-2015 at 01:55 PM.

I like Magik. Definitely one of the more interesting X-men, and with a great visual now with that big ass sould sword. Looking forward to seeing her interact with her brother again too.

BANNED

Since I like Ramos' art, I am willing to afford Lemire the benefit of the doubt. So I will try this one. Who knows. I wasn't crazy about Carey at first but his enthusiasm for the franchise was ultimately fun. Maybe Lemire has gotten past all the things I didn't like in Animal Man.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

I love that Lemire knows he's bad at team books and is willing to admit it. I loved the first arc of Justice League United, but the second was just garbage, and I'm STILL not sure why it had to exist. It's why I'm not putting this on my standing order (as well as the art). I trust him to get Old Man Logan right, especially since he's working with Sorrentino again, but this? I'll give it a go, but I'm on the fence about pretty much everything about this series, from general premise to writer to artist to line-up. I hope it's good, and at the very least it seems a DIRECTION exists, unlike with Bendis' run, so who knows, maybe this is the kick the X-books need.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

We could've had Remender on the flag-ship X-Men book. Oh man, I'm both hyped and scared as to how THAT would've went. He would've brought back Cassandra Nova as the X-Men leader.

BANNED

this might be the first time in a long time that I've considered picking up x-men on a consistent basis.....

Really hoping that this book has the classic X-Men/family feel of Claremont/Byrne era. Having Ororo, Kurt & Peter goes a long way towards that possibility. Hope these seven cast members remain the entire X-cast for the first few arcs.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    this might be the first time in a long time that I've considered picking up x-men on a consistent basis.....
    This is the first time in about 25 years for me. I've been reading the X Books in trade format up to this point. I like Lemire though so I'm willing to give this a try.

BANNED

i think lemire will have a hard time convincing some people he's not the next bendis when it comes to team books being iffy quality

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Really hoping that this book has the classic X-Men/family feel of Claremont/Byrne era. Having Ororo, Kurt & Peter goes a long way towards that possibility. Hope these seven cast members remain the entire X-cast for the first few arcs.
    Well, thanks to the terrigen mist, that's pretty likely to happen.